Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Do the Red Wings have the best roster in the NHL this year?

Don't want to get into specifics, but take a look at that roster, and if you assume everyone is healthy this year, with their new pieces, the top rookie in the NHL draft, new coach/voice -- do they have what it takes to win it all this year? I really can't find a team that has the same level of depth. Chicago made a big mistake letting those players walk.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Goaltending still an issue and lately health as you said the biggest issue there

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Goaltending still an issue and lately health as you said the biggest issue there
    I think we've seen over the years though that you can win with solid goaltending, doesn't have to be absolutely stellar if you have the right pieces. Plus the Red Wings have HOward, Mrazek and Gustavson. I'm sure one of them will excel this year.

Just assuming everyone his healthy, with Datysuk Zetterburg, Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Franzen, Helm, Clearly, Abdelkaiter, Brad Richards, Kronwall, Mike Green, Zidlicky, Larkin, Smith, Erickson.

I think Datysuk is the best overall player in the NHL even at his age and has been the best for the last 4 years. I think that Nyquist and Tatar are probably two of the best 25 year old players in the league -- and this might be the year where they make the leap from good to great. And with those 5 (Datysuk, Zetty, Nyquist, Tatar and Franzen)....that is very very dangerous for any team.

jontebond
    jontebond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6770

Losing babs as head coach and replace him with a Rookie coach is the biggest concern.
    Defensively they are not a top team. If Green hits he's old form, but I doubt that.
    I really like Jurco, and he had a great training camp. Larkin not sure he will be a force this year, might need some time to mature.

If Detroit stay healthy they will be good.
    Not a Stanley cup team, would be surprise if they get past 2nd round.

Goat Milk

Fukk dude, this kid Larkin is unreal. Babcokc sucks dude. I've lived in Detroit my whole life and know that the players are sick of him. It's not all about X's and O's. That rookie head coach you're talking about is responsible for the games of Nyquist and Tatar, two of the best 25 years olds in the NHL, thanks to that rookie head coach.

Learn your hockey.

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

I really like this wings team this year they look a different side with this new coach