IrishLuck777
    IrishLuck777's Avatar Become A Pro!

parlay vs teaser on freeplays

for this upcoming football season I have a decent amount of freeplay money to go through and am trying to decide if using parlays or teasers would be the best use of this money. I will usually have 5-7 straight bets on NFL sundays and I am trying to figure out if I should do a bunch of 2 or 3 team parlays or if I should do 3-team-10-point teasers. I am leaning towards the parlay option seeing as I will be getting plus money on all my bets and know this is important to maximizing freeplay earnings, but I'm curious if anyone has looked into this and found one way of being more efficient than another. thanks

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10840

3 teams 10 points teasers pay about -128, they are a bad use of freeplays. If you like the teaser, use your cash balance to place them.

The golden rule of freeplays: Get a big plus odds. I would say +300 is the bare minimum, preferably more. 3-teams parlays are very good, as big dog moneylines. If you do no want to hedge, placing a lot of such bets for small amounts is best; you will lose most, win a few and extract over 70% of value from freeplays.

sshz
    sshz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

I bet at betpop/youwager. You can only bet free-play money on straight bets up to -190 there.

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines

Quote Originally Posted by sshz View Post
    I bet at betpop/youwager. You can only bet free-play money on straight bets up to -190 there.
    I suppose you mean up to +190. That affect the value of the free play. Take the +190 MLs, it would give you about 60% value, not great, but the best you can do with that rules.

gregmav1
    gregmav1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1350

Yeah the golden rule of freeplay, if you want to just kind of turn it into as much real money as you can, is to take 3 games that have an over/under or spread that can't push (as in 7.5 instead of 7 or 8), and parlay all the different possibilities. I think that makes 8 different things you can do. You get like 78% of your money back, if you bet $500 in freeplay doing this and spread it evenly, you would get $380 in real cash back. That's what I would do.

Or if you know you're going to do a bunch of parlays throughout the season, just save freeplays for parlays.

sshz
    sshz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I suppose you mean up to +190. That affect the value of the free play. Take the +190 MLs, it would give you about 60% value, not great, but the best you can do with that rules.
    Yup, I stand corrected.....but, at youwager/betpop you can choose to take the cash option instead, which is 1/2 of the free-play amount.
    Last edited by sshz; 08-25-15 at 09:18 AM.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47418

make a video keef

IrishLuck777

Thanks guys!

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines

Quote Originally Posted by gregmav1 View Post
    Yeah the golden rule of freeplay, if you want to just kind of turn it into as much real money as you can, is to take 3 games that have an over/under or spread that can't push (as in 7.5 instead of 7 or 8), and parlay all the different possibilities. I think that makes 8 different things you can do. You get like 78% of your money back, if you bet $500 in freeplay doing this and spread it evenly, you would get $380 in real cash back. That's what I would do.

Or if you know you're going to do a bunch of parlays throughout the season, just save freeplays for parlays.
    The eight 3-leg parlays trick to convert freeplay into 75% cash (not 78%) is good, and it works even better with low vig baseball moneylines (just adjust the amount placed of each parlay). But some books explicitly prohibit that, so you risk getting your winnings confiscated, or at least you may be flagged. So, I do not recommend it. Maybe the safest way is doing +500 NFL moneyline dogs and hedge it at matchbook or 5 dimes low vig.

IrishLuck777

just found out that i can only do 2-team parlays on the free play, but there is no max payout on the parlay

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines

It works OK ff you can parlay two moneyline dogs. Just parlay two +200 dogs, be it many small bets without hedge, or a big one with different start times, hedging sequentially at matchbook or 5Dimes low vig.