mikeanite
    mikeanite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 582

easier than manual type data everyday?

sigh... is there a easier way of not manually typing your data everyday? there like 365 days a yr i don't feel like spending it cramming numbers everyday and sometimes it's not going anywhere. sports betting has always been a hobbie but this is taking the fun out of it :/

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7298

you could figure out how to scrap. There are instructions to do so posted on this board.

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Or just pay someone to do it.

Much quicker than figuring out how to do it yourself. Must quicker. Anyone here who has tried to do it themselves, can attest to "much easier said than done"

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

i've created multiple threads on how to use Excel to automate the process

others created threads on other platforms.

take the time to search thru handicapper think tank for them.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

or you can pay me to do it

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

I have scripts that pull line ups, starting pitchers, umps, bullpen use, all kinds of lines from a variety of sites. Takes a minute to run and then a second or two to refresh in excel and you've got all the info youneed for the day in one spreadsheet in a matter of seconds. Makes gambling so much easier and more fun.

Also, not all websites can be scraped in excel. You want line changes for a book throught the day? My scripts can do that. You want to pull in only YTD pitcher stats from fangraphs (and not his entire career)? my scripts can do that.

SHADYLANKY
    Update your status
    SHADYLANKY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

Quote Originally Posted by EXhoosier10 View Post
    I have scripts that pull line ups, starting pitchers, umps, bullpen use, all kinds of lines from a variety of sites. Takes a minute to run and then a second or two to refresh in excel and you've got all the info youneed for the day in one spreadsheet in a matter of seconds. Makes gambling so much easier and more fun.

Also, not all websites can be scraped in excel. You want line changes for a book throught the day? My scripts can do that. You want to pull in only YTD pitcher stats from fangraphs (and not his entire career)? my scripts can do that.
    Hoosiers your mailbox is full. I was interested in seeing what you were doing on a daily basis. Would you be willing to a share an example of what your doing? Any recent day would be cool. A current day would be even better. Best of luck.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

What is the going price to have someone do this? I'm interested.

roboduck
    roboduck's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've been a lurker here for a while but this is my first post. I'm a software engineer with a sports betting hobby and I've been doing similar scraping work but focusing on pulling in the game/quarter/half/prop betting lines for the major american sports in real time to try to detect arbitrage bets and middles. I've never sold any of the data but I'm wondering - do you guys in this community have any idea what the market for this data would be? If there was a market it would be a really fun project (well fun for me anyway) to build a slick dashboard for all the real-time line data that bettors could use like any other web-based business analytics dashboard.