jdelcampo247
    jdelcampo247's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Would this be a good soccer system?

I placed my first bet today on soccer and had to get used to how different it was (Chelsea v West Ham, on tv now) One thing I noticed though is that I Could bet on the favorite and a draw and if either of those 2 things happened I would profit. If West Ham won I would've lost, but for games where it would be fairly rare for the underdog to win outright it seems like that is a great investment to make. Especially if you bet a flat amount or even take it out to a series of 4 or more games. Once you figure the correct amount to bet on each team to make the profit equal under either occurrence, you just find what percentage of the bet amount goes on the favorite and what percentage goes on a draw/underdog. When you have the percentages you decide how much you are wanting to bet and apply those percentages.
    Let me know what you guys think! I really think this could work!

gooner89
    gooner89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13003

I don't fully understand. You mention what appears to be a double chance bet, then towards the end of the post it almost seems like you are mentioning arbitrage betting. Is it possible you could give a general example of a bet under your system?

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6482

Sounds like he's thinking of dutching the favorite ml with dc on the dog. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the books ain't dumb, and it's reflected in their odds. Using the Chelsea/West Ham game as an example (odds from William Hill):

Chelsea ml --> 1.62
    WH dc (draw or win) --> 2.25

Dutching a $100 wager would put $58.14 on Chelsea and $41.86 on WH. Net profit --> (-5.81). Lose. Flip teams, loss is greater. If not familiar with dutching there are calculators online. The only way this could result in a slight profit would be bad odds or splitting across 2 books, again with skewed odds. Might find this once in a blue moon. And just betting double chance on the favorite is not worth the risk (no value). Chelsea dc odds were 1.12. Dogs are another story, assuming you find the right play.

bearsfan54
    bearsfan54's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2780

ijc

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

Quote Originally Posted by jdelcampo247 View Post
    I placed my first bet today on soccer and had to get used to how different it was (Chelsea v West Ham, on tv now) One thing I noticed though is that I Could bet on the favorite and a draw and if either of those 2 things happened I would profit. If West Ham won I would've lost, but for games where it would be fairly rare for the underdog to win outright it seems like that is a great investment to make. Especially if you bet a flat amount or even take it out to a series of 4 or more games. Once you figure the correct amount to bet on each team to make the profit equal under either occurrence, you just find what percentage of the bet amount goes on the favorite and what percentage goes on a draw/underdog. When you have the percentages you decide how much you are wanting to bet and apply those percentages.
    I tried it when I first started. You would need a talent for picking long shots.

makman
    makman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by jdelcampo247 View Post
    Nothing interesting here. The guy is talking about double chance, thats all. Waste of time, reading this thread for those looking for some interesting system..
    The guy is new to football betting, as he also mentioned in the beginning of his post

ace_202
    ace_202's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

Not profitable. Not entertaining. Not interesting.