_bester_tuff
    _bester_tuff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2540

Recommended betting books

There's pretty a lot books on betting but I bet only few are worth a closer look. Have not read a single to date that's why I am asking you guys.

What are some books that have given you real knowledge on how to set correct odds or how to compare teams. Something that you have found useful enough and use it nowadays in your betting models and so on. I am particurarly into soccer books. Can you share some titles with us?

ps. Yep, I have seen Justin's post about new rating book.

subs
    subs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

75 people have read this B4 me, the reason no 1 is helping is that this is asked like every month or so.

here i'll help u out some, not being a dick but it gets boring saying the same thing all the time - u can imagine....

fwiw, i thought justin's book was the best but i'd already read a few others so maybe u want to start w sharp sports betting and king yao's book weighing the odds.
    Last edited by subs; 03-21-12 at 11:09 PM. Reason: being too much of a dick

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

The books that you should want to read have nothing to do with sports betting or gambling.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

and everything with statistics and programming?

There is stuff to be written, but if it was truly worth reading, it would have to be called 'Blown Cover'.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

all about the math behind the markets, nothing to do with handicapping games

_bester_tuff
    _bester_tuff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2540

thx.

im into soccer and there is not much of quality stuff to read but i heard about this great baseball book called The book: Playing the Percentages in Baseball, for those you have read it, do you think some of the knowledge there can by applied to soccer betting?