Eagles73
    Eagles73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

daily fantasy basketball does anyone here consistently profit off of it?

so I recently opened an account with Fanduel and having played season long leagues for years decided to give this a try. Did some research read some articles and figured that the 50/50s were the way to go if I wanted to grind out a long term profit and I should stay away from those large tourneys which are like lottery tickets. Similar to betting where you want to bet mostly straight and stay away from parlays. 2 weeks in now and I am realizing its near impossible for me to grind out a profit consistently as these 50/50 leagues are consistently being filled by the same players who are all elite and have alot more knowledge in fantasy then me. Seems like its impossible to join a league and not see that "condia" hasn't registered yet. Should I stop wasting my time with these leagues? I seem to do better when their are fewer games scheduled a night and on those nights where theirs 8-10 games a night the variance is simply too much and I tend to lose money. Does anyone here play these daily leagues consistently and grind out a profit. Can you give me some tips on BR management as well as some tips on the game. I don't mean tips on how you select players but tips on how your daily leagues are split and which leagues are you playing. On a given night do you just create 3-4 teams and join a certain # of leagues with each team or do you just create 1 or 2 teams for the night which you have confidence in.

Eagles73

anyone?

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

fuk nooo

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

I've had a ton of success in fanduel since I started a couple of months ago in NFL and NCAAF. I haven't done NBA but it sounds like you want to do 50/50s and maybe a few heads up matchups.

I think a good strategy would be to first examine the matchups and write down the players you think have the best matchups along with great value plays for each position. If you find yourself with a high # of players, perhaps you would want to do a high number of entries for smaller $ mixing and matching all the players you have written down. If your list is smaller, maybe only do 1-3 entries. Keep in mind if you don't feel great about your lineups, then you don't have to play. Just like sports betting sometimes the best play is no play.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

1st. thing to do eagles73 is register at rotogrinders.com a wealth of info. there to help you from the top cappers on the planet next try and avoid the sharks like condia they are greedy slimy schmucks to me fanduel has a really nice salary structure for the nba 50-50's are the only way i make any money yes it's a grind but gpp's with a 90000 entry field is the lottery at best p.s. maybe try draftkings.com and dabble in the $0.25 entry fee contests as i do they have a $25k nfl $0.25 contest for this sun. gl. now

Eagles73

been playing for 2 months now and have been doing nothing but 50/50s. the -125 juice is too much to break even and definitely not worth continuing to play for me. Unless a site offers better odds I will take a break from these.
    Points Awarded:

redking gave Eagles73 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

The h2h and 50/50's are way overjuiced. I just throw in some GPP lotto tickets every now and then. I usually start at the bottom of the salary for each position and look for players that will get more minutes on that night due to others being injured. Fanduel seems slow to adjust for that kind of stuff.
    Points Awarded:

redking gave MCherry281 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Gotta have a big bankrolls to compete with dudes who buy very team

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles73 View Post
    been playing for 2 months now and have been doing nothing but 50/50s. the -125 juice is too much to break even and definitely not worth continuing to play for me. Unless a site offers better odds I will take a break from these.
    Is the -125 for only low limit games? Or even the $20 and over at -125? If so, that is a complete ripoff.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Not me but ive never deposited more than $100.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Good stuff agenda

jeepsguy004
    jeepsguy004's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Eagles73,

What do you need to know? I play a lot of DFS at Draftkings.com and Fanduel.com; I will will try to answer any questions you have.