BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Florida at Auburn. Why did this open as a pick?

The line was a little surprising. A 'pick' with Auburn at home against a freshman quarterback. What do you think?

Last edited by Dax; 10-10-11 at 04:16 PM.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

go auburn

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I thought Auburn would open up at -3. Both of these teams have two losses, but Florida is a mess right now. Auburn is 4-0 ATS against Florida at home.
    Last edited by Dax; 10-10-11 at 04:16 PM.

chankng
    chankng's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14483

but florida defense is arguably still great

Blackroc78
    Blackroc78's Avatar Become A Pro!

auburn

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Quote Originally Posted by chankng View Post
    but florida defense is arguably still great

"arguably" being the key word

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

The market thought Florida was about 3 pts better than Auburn on a neutral field.

...now it's 2.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Auburn Run Offense - B+
    Florida Run Defense - C
    Auburn Pass Offense - D
    Florida Pass Defense - B

Florida Run Offense - B
    Auburn Run Defense - C
    Florida Pass Offense - C (without 1st and 2nd string qb)
    Auburn Pass Defense - D

Special Teams
    Auburn B
    Florida B

Home field advantage - Auburn

Close game advantage - Auburn (9-0 in games decided by 4pts less)

Go with Auburn

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

A, B, C, D metrics = hogwash ^^^^^

Ice House

yeah this line is surprising but I guess utah state almost beat auburn so ya never know what auburn team will show up.

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just an opinion since I won't have money on the game and obviously I'm a Gator fan.

Florida has been pummeled the past 2 weeks on both sides of the ball. This won't be a free pass week but Auburn does not bring the same upfront physicality as Alabama and LSU did. These 2 teams are more evenly matched as far as size goes and I would give the edge to Florida in speed on both sides of the ball.

Florida will be better able to run the ball against Auburn and while Dyer is a formidable back he is not in the same class as Florida has faced the previous weeks and more importantly neither is Auburn's offensive line.

I know Auburn beat South Carolina but so much of that had to do with the dismal performance of Steven Garcia.

Everything I think about this game could be completely proven to be wishful thinking but at the time of this writing I truly think Florida wins in a relatively close game. In fact if it climbs to Auburn -3 or higher I probably will make a small play of Florida money lie since it will have value for me at that point.

Ice House

Quote Originally Posted by Blackroc78 View Post
    auburn

Auburn stadium is going to be rocking

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

Florida I believe is down to their 3rd QB

le14
    le14's Avatar Become A Pro!

agreed, going with Auburn
    Last edited by le14; 10-10-11 at 11:11 PM.

le14

Auburn is at +2 right now on 5Dimes. I'm biting right now since I do not think it's going to get better than that.

Auburn at home, coming off a loss, with Florida coming in with a true freshman QB.

le14

double post

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Auburn +2 @ 5dimes.

Am I missing something

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

Florida is the play as Auburn still has huge gaps in there defense. Florida may have got handled by #1 & #2 teams in the nation with the best defensives in College football. Auburn is NOWHERE near LSU and Alabama and won't pose much threat on defense.
    Last edited by Pickma$ter; 10-11-11 at 01:58 AM.

TucsonTom
    TucsonTom's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not sure I would give Florida a B in rush offense. They are ranked 10th in the country right now in rushing yards per game on the road. Also, Auburn should have an F for run defense. They are ranked 110th in the nation in rush yards allowed per game at home. Also, Florida is being undervalued coming off of the hardest 2 week schedule of any team in a long time. This is why the line is where it is. If Florida can dominate with their run game then they control TOP from the get go and it takes a lot of pressure off of their young, inexperienced QBs, and places it directly on the young, a little less-inexperienced Auburn QB.
    Last edited by TucsonTom; 10-11-11 at 01:39 AM.

Ice House

game is at Auburn though, if it was at Florida this line would be about right

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm still thinking it over, but I really wanna go LARGE on Auburn.

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by le14 View Post
    Auburn is at +2 right now on 5Dimes. I'm biting right now since I do not think it's going to get better than that.

Auburn at home, coming off a loss, with Florida coming in with a true freshman QB.
    It is Auburn +2 right now at my book as well. This almost seems like a trap game and too good to be true.

DJT22
    DJT22's Avatar Become A Pro!

AUB easy! UF is terrible without Brantley

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

Quote Originally Posted by DJT22 View Post
    LMAO I love how Vegas knows how to twist these lines with false perception from national tv games.

Greyraptor

Quote Originally Posted by DJT22 View Post
    Is Florida REALLY terrible or have they just played reallly good teams lately. Last week they played the #1 team in the country and the week before that they lost equally as bad to a very good Alabama team. They beat Kentucky soundly (yawn) and they beat Tennessee by 10. This Auburn team may be the closest to Florida's level of competetion all year, but I don't follow the SEC like I do the Big 10 so I need some help from you guys. I am leaning Auburn especially at +2 but it seems like a trap to me. The other thing I was thinking is this. Could Auburn be caught in a "look ahead" situation with having to play LSU next week or does that just not happen in the SEC. That happens in the Big Ten. Hell, I remember Ohio State getting beat by Michigan State at home just before they had to play Michigan on the road back in the late 90's.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

hmm Auburn ML +110 right now, may not be a better chance

+110 for a home night game with an Auburn team that is still capable against Florida playing its 3rd game of a brutal stretch with 3rd string QB (true freshman? gotta be kidding me)

traps lose too, great Auburn spot

DanoRoo
    DanoRoo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Greyraptor View Post
    Is Florida REALLY terrible or have they just played reallly good teams lately. Last week they played the #1 team in the country and the week before that they lost equally as bad to a very good Alabama team. They beat Kentucky soundly (yawn) and they beat Tennessee by 10. This Auburn team may be the closest to Florida's level of competetion all year, but I don't follow the SEC like I do the Big 10 so I need some help from you guys. I am leaning Auburn especially at +2 but it seems like a trap to me. The other thing I was thinking is this. Could Auburn be caught in a "look ahead" situation with having to play LSU next week or does that just not happen in the SEC. That happens in the Big Ten. Hell, I remember Ohio State getting beat by Michigan State at home just before they had to play Michigan on the road back in the late 90's.
    Florida will play defense. Auburn will not. That being said, with Florida down to their 3rd QB, and Auburn being at home. I would take Auburn.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7882

Quote Originally Posted by Greyraptor View Post
    yes, it happens everywhere, and this would be the kind of game where it would happen.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Auburn is not good. They have been a little lucky in spots, and they are becoming a bit exposed. Florida isn't that great on offense, but they are good enough to score on Auburn.

Florida is the play.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Gators will roll.

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

Auburn

sapidoc
    oddsfire
    sapidoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 712

Oh boy...

Greyraptor

Quote Originally Posted by DanoRoo View Post
    Florida will play defense. Auburn will not. That being said, with Florida down to their 3rd QB, and Auburn being at home. I would take Auburn.
    Thanks Dano.

Greyraptor

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    hmm Auburn ML +110 right now, may not be a better chance

+110 for a home night game with an Auburn team that is still capable against Florida playing its 3rd game of a brutal stretch with 3rd string QB (true freshman? gotta be kidding me)

traps lose too, great Auburn spot
    You are exactly right as far as the value for the ML play right here. I love the value with Auburn on ML but just wanted to get some of you SEC guys perspective. I have seen more Florida than Auburn and what I saw of Florida was against LSU and Bama. I didn't like what I saw from the Gators but come on...Auburn does not have close to the talent level of LSU's defense from what I have seen so far.

Greyraptor

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    yes, it happens everywhere, and this would be the kind of game where it would happen.
    Thanks Tex!