daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Jacob Eason preparing to start for Georgia vs UNC

http://www.scout.com/college/georgia...-s-job-to-lose

and probably play the entire game. Eason is about 6'5 240lbs, 5* QB from Washington. He can also run. Will be the the first true freshman starting for Georgia since Stafford & Zeier. Not sure the last time one started game 1

3runhomer
    3runhomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1901

This is a good move. The kid is a stud, and Lambert is your typical game manager type...UGA should expose the soft UNC defense.

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I don't think Stafford or Zeier started game 1. They may have had some reps but not the start. They did end up as starters by the end of their season.

GoCougs!
    GoCougs!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11316

Eason was incredible in high school. Kid should have a great career. Glad he is starting right away. Is he really 240? He played his senior year at around 210, a very wiry 210. I can see him being around 225, but 240 would be a huge addition in weight, even for a guy 6' 5" or 6' 6". Good luck to GA.

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Eason has gained 30 or so pounds since he arrived in Athens.

My only concern is the talent level he faced in Washington. It is nothing like 2017 commit Jake Fromm in south GA.

At least Eason enrolled early so he can acclimate.

GoCougs!
    GoCougs!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11316

UGA should be in good hands with Fromm and Eason. I have seen some film on Fromm. He gets rid of the ball quickly, with okay arm strength and good accuracy. Eason has a legit canon, good accuracy, and sees the field very well. Fromm is probably a little more mobile than Eason. Overall, I think Eason is a better QB, but he is older, so who knows how things will shake out in the years to come.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Chizik is in his second year as DC for the Tar heels. Should be a bit better this year on that side of the ball. Don't see em being any worse. That would be tough to do! They couldn't tackle.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Tough game for UGA, who is giving 3 points to UNC. UNC has two tough games this season. This one and a game at Florida State. They also go to Miami. Will Fedora survive a 3 loss season in year 5? UGA starts with a new HC and a new QB. They have a soft schedule after this game, and they host SEC East favorite Tennessee and rival Auburn. I expect UGA to run, run, run in this game and try to keep the UNC offense off the field. This is not the most exciting game on Saturday, but it is a very important match up for these two schools. I will pass on this game as of now.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Lambert supposedly taking snaps with the 1's the past two days. Not sure what Kirby is doing or even if they know.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Guess he lost it

Georgia redshirt senior Greyson Lambert will start at QB in the season opener against UNC.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and DawgNation.com both reported the news. Lambert earns the nod over freshman Jacob Eason. The reaction from the Bulldog faithful will be an interesting one, as the school has produced poor quarterback play over the last few years and has been heavily reliant on the running game. That is not a terrible thing, as Georgia still boasts one of the best running back groups in the country, but all fans want balance and big plays. Lambert likely does not offer that. Eason could see snaps versus the Tar Heels, but that was not in the report. Lambert started 12 games last season after transferring from Virginia.
    Source: Dawg Nation
    Sep 1 - 9:54 AM

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Georgia freshman QB Jacob Eason will start against Nicholls State.

Greyson lambert started the season opener against UNC, a game the team won. Eason entered and completed 8-of-12 passes for 131 yards and a touchdown. Lambert's ceiling is obvious, but Eason's is perceived to be much higher thanks to his recruiting evaluation and the fact he's a true freshman. "It will be the earliest in a season a true freshman quarterback has started for Georgia since Quincy Carter in the opener of 1998," beat writer Marc Weiszer notes. That includes Matthew Stafford.
    Source: Athens Banner-Herald
    Sep 9 - 9:19 AM