homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

those who want CHAOS in college football, might just get it next week................

if UNC beats Clem and / or FLA beats Bama, then a 2 loss team probably gets in the final 4. it will be like it was in 2007 when two loss LSU backdoored their way into the BCS title game thanks to WVA losing as a 25 pt fave to pitt on their homefield

anyhow, FLA is not beating Bama so forget that part, but UNC can certainly race with Clemson next week

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Umm, no.

If Clemson loses, either Ohio State or North Carolina gets in.

Other spots go to Alabama (won't lose to Florida), Oklahoma, and either MSU or Iowa.

Pretty straight forward.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Umm, no.

If Clemson loses, either Ohio State or North Carolina gets in.

Other spots go to Alabama (won't lose to Florida), Oklahoma, and either MSU or Iowa.

Pretty straight forward.
    NO WAY IN HELL UNC gets in over OSU if they beat Clemson. It will be OSU I 1000% (yes one thousand percent) guarantee that

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Clemson is not losing to North Carolina. What the heck are you guys smoking?

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    NO WAY IN HELL UNC gets in over OSU if they beat Clemson. It will be OSU I 1000% (yes one thousand percent) guarantee that
    Ohio State only has one loss.

No two-loss team is getting in.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Let the committee decide who is going to be in the ballgame not posters

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Let the committee decide who is going to be in the ballgame not posters
    You're right JJ. Condolezza Rice definitely knows more about football than you do.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Ohio State only has one loss.

No two-loss team is getting in.

So if UNC wins they have one loss. Game 1. Do they get in

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Here are the 4 teams:

Clemson
    Alabama
    Oklahoma
    Michigan St.

No go wager accordingly.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Here are the 4 teams:

Clemson
    Alabama
    Oklahoma
    Michigan St.

No go wager accordingly.
    Think Iowa still has a shot

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    I don't see any way North Carolina jumps Ohio State in the standings.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

They won't get in. The committee hates them. They were ranked 14 this week, ohio state 8. Ohio state demolishing michigan on the road is all the argument the committee need to prevent unc to have a chance to get in.

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

It will be the first 3 pavy listed and the Big Ten champ. Should be good.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I don't see any way North Carolina jumps Ohio State in the standings.
    Probably right, just think a week one loss can be excused more than one this late in season

The Giant

What happens if Clemson and Alabama both lose?

Who are the two teams then?

I would think it would be Ohio State and....Stanford (assuming they beat USC)? North Carolina?

Probably a moot point, there's almost no chance Alabama loses.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

SEC bias rearing it's ugly head again...so why doesn't Alabama get penalized for playing division I-AA Charleston Southern last week?!!......and what would be so impressive about beating an average Florida team (which just got their asses whooped by the Noles) with 2 losses in the SEC championship game?...will they have the balls to drop them and move up both OSU and UNC assuming the Heels pull off the upset?!

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    SEC bias rearing it's ugly head again...so why doesn't Alabama get penalized for playing division I-AA Charleston Southern last week?!!......and what would be so impressive about beating an average Florida team (which just got their asses whooped by the Noles) with 2 losses in the SEC championship game?...will they have the balls to drop them and move up both OSU and UNC assuming the Heels pull off the upset?!

They probably move Bama to #1

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Think Iowa still has a shot
    Oh no. I watched the Nebraska game. They have no chance. Nebraska gave the game away. Iowa offense is bad.

Da Manster!

They probably move Bama to #1
    sad but true

Vegas39

Oh no. I watched the Nebraska game. They have no chance. Nebraska gave the game away. Iowa offense is bad.

By no means saying they win, just don't think a blowout most think it will be

homie1975

Iowa might very well beat overrated mich state let alone beat then straight up

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I think you guys are all wrong.....

The pecking order (assuming all win):

UNC
    Stanford
    Ohio State

We saw Ohio State last year vault up after winning their conference.....these rankings aren't like the classic AP poll rankings where you need to lose to drop. They've made it pretty clear last year that the final standings are not straight forward. They value being a conference champion very highly and I can't see them taking Ohio St over UNC or Stanford if they both win

Also UNC would have added a win over #1 Clemson as well as being the ACC champion to their resume while Ohio State sits home

VegasPlayer
    VegasPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

I watched the game too. Iowa benefited greatly from extremely shitty QB play by Nebraska.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Bama looks like the best team in the country and it's not close

Committee uses eye test

homie1975

Actually I'm wrong there won't be chaos unless bama loses. If clem loses then osu is in.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Actually I'm wrong there won't be chaos unless bama loses. If clem loses then osu is in.
    Why are you guys so sure Ohio State will be ranked in the FINAL poll ahead of Stanford or UNC if they both win?

Both of these teams will have added a very nice win to their resumes as well as that conference champ label

Pac 12 and/or ACC would freak the fukk out as well if they pick 2 Big 10 teams, one that didn't even win their division

Plus if Iowa wins and Michigan State loses how can you pick Ohio St over Michigan St? You're going to penalize Michigan State for winning their division and losing in the conference title game? Even after they won AT Ohio St with their backup QB

VegasPlayer
    VegasPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Why are you guys so sure Ohio State will be ranked in the FINAL poll ahead of Stanford or UNC if they both win?

Both of these teams will have added a very nice win to their resumes as well as that conference champ label

Pac 12 and/or ACC would freak the fukk out as well if they pick 2 Big 10 teams, one that didn't even win their division

Plus if Iowa wins and Michigan State loses how can you pick Ohio St over Michigan St? You're going to penalize Michigan State for winning their division and losing in the conference title game? Even after they won AT Ohio St with their backup QB
    C. Rice is a Stanford Alum as well...

Da Manster!

Bama looks like the best team in the country and it's not close

Committee uses eye test
    they do?!.....how?!......by beating up on overrated, overhyped, inferior SEC conference opponents and division I-AA Charleston Southern?!...

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

they do?!.....how?!......by beating up on an overrated and overhyped SEC conference and division I-AA Charleston Southern?!...
    We'll see how they end up

homie1975

2011 lsu the sec champ played Bama who did not even make sec title game!!! Mark my words: within 7 years, a team that did NOT win their conf will make the 4 team playofg. Write that down amd remember it.

FUqer
    FUqer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 861

SOS
    RANK
    #1 Alabama lost to #18 Ole Miss at Home in their 3rd game by 6
    #2 Oklahoma lost to unranked Texas in their 5th game on the Road by 7
    #20 Stanford lost to unranked Northwestern in Week 1 by 10 and to #17 Oregon at Home in their 10th game by 2
    #23 Michigan St lost to unranked Nebraska on the Road by 1 in their 9th game
    #50 Ohio State lost to #5 Michigan St at Home in their 11th game by 3
    #51 North Carolina lost to unranked S.Carolina in Week 1 by 4

Stanford has little to no chance of getting in, closer to the latter. Both their losses were to unranked teams at the time.

Alabama - Beat Florida and they are in, mostly due to their 31 ranked SOS and a Conference Title. They got lucky and loss earlier in the season.

Oklahoma seem to have a clear path to make it, but they are no lock. BYU and TCU got yanked out last year, but Oklahoma's name should get them in. They lost to a bad Texas team, but they will most likely be #2 or 3

Michigan St lost to a bad Nebraska team and needed a miracle to beat Michigan. They won vs Ohio St due to horrible coaching from the Buckeyes.

Ohio lost came to the 5th ranked Michigan St as time expired. A loss is a loss, but there is no doubt Ohio State has the best team in the Big 10 and have the best chance to beat Alabama.

North Carolina is a fun team to watch on both sides of the ball. They lost to a bad S.Carolina team in week 1. Their SOS is an issue and their current ranking would make it so they have to leap frog a lot of teams, and that will surely cause controversy.

Obviously the best solution is make it 8 teams, when their current contract runs out. Teams on the bubble with a 8 team playoff would have nothing to complain about, because at 4 they would barely get mentioned. Sure, they will be some good teams left out and bad decisions by the committee. But overall it is better, it at least puts them in the discussion.

I personally think North Carolina is going to beat Syracuse, Alabama will roll Florida and lock up their spot. Winner of Big Ten is in.
    If that happens.

#1 Alabama
    #2 Big 10 Champ
    ----------------
    Oklahoma
    Ohio State
    North Carolina

Oklahoma has the inside track but I think Ohio State can make an argument. Oklahoma has a far superior SOS but their loss was to a bad team and Ohio State was to Michigan St, a possible final four team. Neither will play in a Conference Title game. It would be nice to let them play for it. This is the time when Ohio State started to pick it up last year and can do the same again.

Spoiler
    Spoiler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Exactly. Committee/espn love bama despite a loss to a crappy ole miss team. Ohio State has a better loss and wins against similar competition but not even being talked about now. This is supposed to be about the 4 best teams...not the 4 conference champions they like the best

Spoiler
    Spoiler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

2011 lsu the sec champ played Bama who did not even make sec title game!!! Mark my words: within 7 years, a team that did NOT win their conf will make the 4 team playofg. Write that down amd remember it.
    As it should be. 4 best teams. Not the four conference champs.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

A) There is no way in hell UF beats Bama.

B) I don't think Clemson drops out of top 4 with a loss unless they get killed. If they lose and they're stacked against Ohio State, Clemsons resume blows OSUs away. Clemson will most likely have two teams they beat ranked higher than Ohio State's ONLY ranked win. Stanford maybe have a case, but even their win quality outside of ND isn't great. NC doesn't have the schedule to make that climb.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Clemson of course is out with a loss

Ohio St would be -8 over them

12 Last