No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Why was Mizzou +5.5 today at Tennessee

Sometimes these lines are so bad you just wonder what in the hell oddsmakers were thinking in the first place.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Why won't you become a linemakers then, you think it's easy trying to setup a line to create equal action?

You're dumb as a rock as a gambler also, the line didn't open at 5.5, it was the bettors who drove the line up

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

They haven't been able to figure out Mizzou at all this year - I've made a ton of money with them this year, wagering against them when they're favored and for them when dogs. Same situation last week against A&M, and at Florida and SC weeks ago - I'll probably bet on the Hogs next week since Mizzou will surely be favored at home.

Halfapointoff
    Halfapointoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1164

I wish these outcomes were like this over ten years ago when I first started gambling. I would be a billionaire. These lines are all balancing out. Vegas figures sharps money is more than majority of squares.

Halfapointoff

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    Why won't you become a linemakers then, you think it's easy trying to setup a line to create equal action?

You're dumb as a rock as a gambler also, the line didn't open at 5.5, it was the bettors who drove the line up
    Your telling no coin is dumb as a rock as a gambler? You think bettors is the reason that line moved up?

Bet10Heinekens

Quote Originally Posted by Halfapointoff View Post
    Your telling no coin is dumb as a rock as a gambler? You think bettors is the reason that line moved up?
    books decided to move the line up when there was no action on Tenn. was that even a serious question? Why won't you tell me the answers.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

It still opened at -3, which made about as little sense as the -5.5.

No reason for Tennessee to be favored here. Zero.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

books decided to move the line up when there was no action on Tenn. was that even a serious question? Why won't you tell me the answers.
    Dude, the public wasn't betting on UT here.

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

I don't know this for a fact No Coin but I was under the impression that the Vols had the public money, especially with so many touts all on them. It was another one of those classic go against the touts (or SBR sometimes) when everyone is on the same side. But Mizzou was the better team and should've been favored anyway, which is what your original point was.

Bet10Heinekens

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Dude, the public wasn't betting on UT here.
    Public was lining up to back UT after thier blowout of UK
    Sharp decided to go along with the ride and drive the line up

both bettors got bury, books win again

Halfapointoff

Dude, the public was all over Miz. Ten. was double digit favorites previous game how much did you expect books to drop the line w/o making it obvious. Beside the fact no matter what side the public was on that line was going to move up regardless. Who started the idea that action moves the line? Let me guess, ummm line makers

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Public was lining up to back UT after thier blowout of UK
    Sharp decided to go along with the ride and drive the line up

both bettors got bury, books win again
    Wow.

And you call me a "dumb as a rock gambler."

Classic SBR.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
    I don't know this for a fact No Coin but I was under the impression that the Vols had the public money, especially with so many touts all on them. It was another one of those classic go against the touts (or SBR sometimes) when everyone is on the same side. But Mizzou was the better team and should've been favored anyway, which is what your original point was.
    Which touts were selling UT?

Brooks
    Brooks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

i was going to take UT but scott spreitzer had tennessee as his game of the year so i passed

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by Halfapointoff View Post
    Dude, the public was all over Miz. Ten. was double digit favorites previous game how much did you expect books to drop the line w/o making it obvious. Beside the fact no matter what side the public was on that line was going to move up regardless. Who started the idea that action moves the line? Let me guess, ummm line makers
    Action doesnt move the line? Then books are gamblers just like us I suppose.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17024

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Sometimes these lines are so bad you just wonder what in the hell oddsmakers were thinking in the first place.
    why didnt you bet it then? pretty easy to call after the game. utah -5.5 what were the books thinking?