eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Biggz View Post
    How is this game a "total" mismatch?

Ole Miss has a great defense to go along with a steadily improving offense. I see this being a close game.
    Steadily improving offense my ass. I watched Ole miss play Boise State 1st game of the year and the offense struggled, and it was a 7-6 game going into the 4th quarter till the defense picked the offense up and they rallied to score 28. I also watched them play last week and once again they struggled against Memphis and it was close into the 4th quarter once again and the defense picked them back up.

They have a great defense but they are 1 dimensional and I believe Bama will start to wear down the defense and this game will open wide the eff up. Ole Miss only chance is to get Simms to struggle early and turn the ball over. Saban had all week of watching videos of Bo Wallace struggle against inferior teams. And people may say "well Bamas defense isn't like past years" so, do you think there defense is worse than Memphis or Boise St's defense?

This will atleast a 2 touchdown win for Bama and everyone should load up on this. This is a penetrating gift like I have never seen before. As big as when they had ND in the national championship.

eeezzzz

Ole Miss has a great defense to go along with a steadily improving offense. I see this being a close game.[/QUOTE]

Steadily improving offense my ass. I watched Ole miss play Boise State 1st game of the year and the offense struggled, and it was a 7-6 game going into the 4th quarter till the defense picked the offense up and they rallied to score 28. I also watched them play last week and once again they struggled against Memphis and it was close into the 4th quarter once again and the defense picked them back up.

They have a great defense but they are 1 dimensional and I believe Bama will start to wear down the defense and this game will open wide the eff up. Ole Miss only chance is to get Simms to struggle early and turn the ball over. Saban had all week of watching videos of Bo Wallace struggle against inferior teams. And people may say "well Bamas defense isn't like past years" so, do you think there defense is worse than Memphis or Boise St's defense?

This will atleast a 2 touchdown win for Bama and everyone should load up on this. This is a penetrating gift like I have never seen before. As big as when they had ND in the national championship.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: itchypickle

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Biggz View Post
    How is this game a "total" mismatch?

Ole Miss has a great defense to go along with a steadily improving offense. I see this being a close game.
    Ole Miss O Line no match for the Bama front will be glaring...Rebs already lead the SEC in negative run plays I think and haven't played a really stout defense yet. Watching the Rebels score late in the Memphis game let some cats out of the bag too that will come back to haunt them....in order to secure that win they had to put some player groupings and packages in that they haven't shown until the 4th qrtr of that game...think it was a wrinkle they wanted to save for the Bama game. You can bet Kirby and Nick are all over that in the film room this week.

I'm throwing out the massive yards for Bama vs florida as well as on the opposite side with the Rebels D in the first few games against sub par teams...just consistency and ability to switch gears advantage goes to Bama...that alone is worth the 6 points.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

From: http://www.sbnation.com/odds/2014/10...iew-prediction

OddsShark Computer Prediction: Alabama 48, Ole Miss 30

The Rebels have looked good to this point against inferior opponents; they'll have a chance to prove themselves against one of the nation's best teams on Saturday.

In their last 20 games as a home underdog, the Ole Miss Rebels are a dismal 1-19 SU. Alabama is a perfect 10-0 SU in its last 10 game against Mississippi and 3-2 ATS over the last five games in this series, winning all five of those games by at least 13 points. The Crimson Tide are too good to pass up on in this spot.

Eddie Biggz
    Eddie Biggz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by eeezzzz View Post

Thank you for the response. I will repeat, this is not a "total" mismatch. I see Alabama's offense starting to click and being steps ahead of Ole Miss. I also see a superior defense at Ole Miss that will give Alabama trouble and force turnovers.

Offense - Bama
    Defense - Ole Miss
    Home Field - Ole Miss

Bama wins but not a "total" mismatch

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

The Rebel fans are already starting to hedge their trash talk and hype and still 48 hours away. Bulldogs still confident over in Starkville to beat A&M though. Aside from the ones who have been saying Bo Wallace for Heisman since July...90% of them are already texting me with 'well as long as we hang in and dont get blown out, we can say we've grown and have a solid season ahead still....cant wait for the Egg Bowl" Its beaten into their mindset in Oxford....never fails.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Bama plays these types of games every week, Ole Miss once a decade. Bama rolls Rebs again. Cue the fight song early and often.

Wayne2
    Wayne2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

Historical data points to AL

But remember, it is AL being led by a QB with zero big game experience on the road.

OM has lots of depth on defense. They will get after it.

OM +7 is the play. All the pundits taking AL. All the public is taking AL. This is the game OM has pointed towards and it will be very LOUD.

State loses to A&M.
    Auburn rolls LSU.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne2 View Post
    But remember, it is AL being led by a QB with zero big game experience on the road.

OM has lots of depth on defense. They will get after it.

OM +7 is the play. All the pundits taking AL. All the public is taking AL. This is the game OM has pointed towards and it will be very LOUD.

State loses to A&M.
    Auburn rolls LSU.
    Sims has been around...not as green as those looking from outside in make it appear. And if he does struggle, which is doubtful....just give it to Henry and company. Hell if his aim is off...kick it out to Cooper the best WR in the nation so far like a run play almost and let him be in space....that doesnt work, dump it to Yeldon/Drake or one of the two badass tight ends (Vogler or Howard)....Bama has plenty of firepower....only thing that is in question at this point is the vertical defense...other than that...advantage Bama. And Vaught-Hemingway is not a loud place to play. only 60k and they dont stay in the game long if they struggle.

eeezzzz

I can't believe it dropped back down to 4.5.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by eeezzzz View Post

I can't believe it dropped back down to 4.5.

fishy

carolinacapper
    carolinacapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8766

Anyone know if a major service released Miss as a play? Seen some big moves after Right Angle posts a play

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

I have Bama - 6 and number just dropped to -4. Was thinking of adding, but wanted to know why.

I checked Bama's site and some of this might have started over concerns for Sim's shoulder injury suffered against Florida. Saban said they had him on a pitch count (limiting passes) to rest shoulder. Acts like he's good to go, but college plays their cards close to chest on injuries.

They also mentioned WR White will be game time decision.

Any of you hard core Bama fans hear anything else about Sims?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpoint View Post
    I have Bama - 6 and number just dropped to -4. Was thinking of adding, but wanted to know why.

I checked Bama's site and some of this might have started over concerns for Sim's shoulder injury suffered against Florida. Saban said they had him on a pitch count (limiting passes) to rest shoulder. Acts like he's good to go, but college plays their cards close to chest on injuries.

They also mentioned WR White will be game time decision.

Any of you hard core Bama fans hear anything else about Sims?
    He definitely practiced today and yesterday. Defense whole again as well. Line makes zero sense

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Ole Miss and State fans are not like an Auburn, LSU or Bama fan base. Culture of losing and high hopes being dashed as the whipping boys persist in both campuses. All it will take is for one big Bama play and the 60,500 in Oxford will go quiet and begin exiting early if its not answered. Seriously, for years both Ole Miss and State fans just write off seasons and look the the Egg Bowl and who will make the Liberty/Independence Bowls for those short trips to watch and be happy. They are not use to this type of magnitude of stage and it will show again Saturday.

Year after Eli left Ole Miss they had a 'great QB' who led them to a top 5 or 10 ranking until Bama ruined them them....season went downhill from there....last season Rebels were hyped...went into Tuscaloosa talking trash....lost 25-0 and got depressed and started a 3 game skid. They are not built for this stage...yet.

Will be plenty of Crimson in the stands as well...logistically, tons of Bama fans live in the area and majority of Ole Miss fans just stay on the grove to watch on the Tvs...great tailgating...but they sell tickets in a heartbeat so its not going to be brain bustingly loud by any stretch to throw off Alabama's game.
    Couldn't be anymore wrong

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Bbfromgpt View Post
    Couldn't be anymore wrong

Tell me how...I grew up right in between both schools...even in the past couple years both fan bases book party trips to the Independence or Liberty bowls for godsake..ahead of time....thats their standard. I've followed both since the days of Jack Cristil before he retired/passed...was in stands as a kid when John Bond their current staffer was a QB back in 80's.....my old high school coach was almost the Ole Miss replacement coach when Billy Brewer left.....I know the programs and the fans....telling you..they are 180 from LSU/Bama/Auburn. Think about it, they know year in and year out they cant compete with the larger budgets and player pools of the big boys. SUre Ole MIss getting Treadwell was a steal and a couple others. but overall they lose the player vs player battles.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Ole Miss fans were my favorite of any SEC visiting fans at South Carolina.....We beat them when they were number 4 in the country with Snead, Nutt, and McCluster on a Thursday night maybe 6 years ago or so....I figured they would be pissed off with such high expectations but we all went down to the bars to celebrate after and there were tons of Ole Miss fans already out all partying with everyone like they had won themselves......Both fan bases were buying eachother shots and just livin it up

So yeah, I see what Itchy is saying about them as a fanbase if the game starts to go wrong

The girls there are also top notch...Just cool as hell and almost all of them were atleast 7-8s....

Magnolia Slim
    Magnolia Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Ole Miss fans were my favorite of any SEC visiting fans at South Carolina.....We beat them when they were number 4 in the country with Snead, Nutt, and McCluster on a Thursday night maybe 6 years ago or so....I figured they would be pissed off with such high expectations but we all went down to the bars to celebrate after and there were tons of Ole Miss fans already out all partying with everyone like they had won themselves......Both fan bases were buying eachother shots and just livin it up

So yeah, I see what Itchy is saying about them as a fanbase if the game starts to go wrong

The girls there are also top notch...Just cool as hell and almost all of them were atleast 7-8s....
    You know what they say about ole miss, they may lose a game but they have never lost a party..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: itchypickle

Magnolia Slim

Tell me how...I grew up right in between both schools...even in the past couple years both fan bases book party trips to the Independence or Liberty bowls for godsake..ahead of time....thats their standard. I've followed both since the days of Jack Cristil before he retired/passed...was in stands as a kid when John Bond their current staffer was a QB back in 80's.....my old high school coach was almost the Ole Miss replacement coach when Billy Brewer left.....I know the programs and the fans....telling you..they are 180 from LSU/Bama/Auburn. Think about it, they know year in and year out they cant compete with the larger budgets and player pools of the big boys. SUre Ole MIss getting Treadwell was a steal and a couple others. but overall they lose the player vs player battles.
    There is a new coach in town now.. Look what nutt did to our program, now look where we are three seasons later. Ole miss will be relevant for years to come cause Hugh is loyal and he ain't goin nowhere. Amari and Bama are gonna see some real deal nfl ready athletes in all American cody prewitt, nkemdiche, and tony Connor , ok? Those three dudes could suit up tomorrow in the nfl and hold there own all day long. If Bo Wallace plays a little above average game ole miss will win cause they got the Fukkin talent level to beat Bama, period.. Gluck itchy,,

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post

Yep...they are good people. They seriously would rather just talk smack about each other (state vs rebels) than anyone else. Not as widely known like an Aubunr/Bama rivalry but the Egg Bowl is heated, always has been and a big deal to them.

Magnolia Slim

Yep...they are good people. They seriously would rather just talk smack about each other (state vs rebels) than anyone else. Not as widely known like an Aubunr/Bama rivalry but the Egg Bowl is heated, always has been and a big deal to them.
    Yep, they use to fight before every game when I was coming up... Both teams, deuce Mcallister laid some fools out one year but my favorite fights were the years before that one....

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Slim View Post
    Yep, they use to fight before every game when I was coming up... Both teams, deuce Mcallister laid some fools out one year but my favorite fights were the years before that one....

Yeah after national anthem at Scott Field..."go to hell ole miss" from every game and the players running into each other on field...always been a good rivalry

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

unreal

Eddie Biggz
    Eddie Biggz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Ole Miss O Line no match for the Bama front will be glaring...Rebs already lead the SEC in negative run plays I think and haven't played a really stout defense yet. Watching the Rebels score late in the Memphis game let some cats out of the bag too that will come back to haunt them....in order to secure that win they had to put some player groupings and packages in that they haven't shown until the 4th qrtr of that game...think it was a wrinkle they wanted to save for the Bama game. You can bet Kirby and Nick are all over that in the film room this week.

I'm throwing out the massive yards for Bama vs florida as well as on the opposite side with the Rebels D in the first few games against sub par teams...just consistency and ability to switch gears advantage goes to Bama...that alone is worth the 6 points.
    Should have listened, pickle boy.

First 12