TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Northern Illinois at Northwestern (-5)

Got this early today at -5, its up to -7 now but still a good play IMO. Northwestern didn't look good in getting beaten by Cal, but they didn't play an awful game. They had a few ill timed turnovers factored in. NIU on the other hand, is searching for an identity after star QB Jordan Lynch. They looked good against Presbyterian last week, but what happens when Northwestern shuts down the ground game, like they did to Cal? NIU averaged less than 6 yards a pass attempt last week so I don't see them being able to throw the ball on Northwestern, no matter how bad Cal made them look. The end result is Northwestern will be able to move the football using the run and the pass, while NIU will HAVE to run the ball to even have a shot at covering.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This game is the carzy line game. It opens at 2 1/2. Before Joe Pub gets a shot at it, it goes to 5 1/2. Then to 7. Then to 6 1/2. Now it is between 5 1/2 and 7. The one thing about Northwestern that you can say with certainly. Win or lose they will find a way to keep games close. I middled this. Northwestern -2 1/2. NIU +7.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I didn't see it out that soon. Wish I would have. I think NW will be alright here. NIU is back to being a forgettable mid major without Lynch