JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Damn we have to wait til March 4 to see this... Down time ..... No hurry to cap this event.. Lines shouldn't move to much hopefully...

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

There's a bellator tomorrow.

Odds still not out.

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    There's a bellator tomorrow.

Odds still not out.
    Probably all long odds. There's an LFA as well, I'd imagine there will be odds for one or two of those fights.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Yeah not even 5D with Bella lines yet

MMANick

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Yeah not even 5D with Bella lines yet
    They're out now. All -500 and above favorites except the Fletcher vs Lohore scrap.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MMANick View Post
    They're out now. All -500 and above favorites except the Fletcher vs Lohore scrap.
    Parlay em all up.. Bellator favs always hit..

Bellator 173 - Light Heavyweight 3 rounds - SSE Arena - Belfast, Northern Ireland - Spike TV
    Fri 2/24 3001 Brett McDermott +500 o1½ +165
    6:00PM 3002 Liam McGeary -900 u1½ -215
    Bellator 173 - Featherweight 3 rounds - SSE Arena - Belfast, Northern Ireland - Spike TV
    Fri 2/24 3101 Kirill Medvedovski +350 o2½ -120
    5:30PM 3102 James Gallagher -530 u2½ -120
    Bellator 173 - Catchweight 3 rounds - SSE Arena - Belfast, Northern Ireland - Spike TV
    Fri 2/24 3201 Iony Razafiarison +335 o2½ -140
    5:00PM 3202 Sinead Kavanagh -505 u2½ +100
    Bellator 173 - Welterweight 3 rounds - SSE Arena - Belfast, Northern Ireland - Spike TV
    Fri 2/24 3301 Colin Fletcher +150 o1½ -180
    4:00PM 3302 Alex Lohore -190 u1½ +140

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Parlay em all up.. Bellator favs always hit..

Bellator 173 - Light Heavyweight 3 rounds - SSE Arena - Belfast, Northern Ireland - Spike TV
    Fri 2/24 3001 Brett McDermott +500 o1½ +165
    6:00PM 3002 Liam McGeary -900 u1½ -215
    Bellator 173 - Featherweight 3 rounds - SSE Arena - Belfast, Northern Ireland - Spike TV
    Fri 2/24 3101 Kirill Medvedovski +350 o2½ -120
    5:30PM 3102 James Gallagher -530 u2½ -120
    Bellator 173 - Catchweight 3 rounds - SSE Arena - Belfast, Northern Ireland - Spike TV
    Fri 2/24 3201 Iony Razafiarison +335 o2½ -140
    5:00PM 3202 Sinead Kavanagh -505 u2½ +100
    Bellator 173 - Welterweight 3 rounds - SSE Arena - Belfast, Northern Ireland - Spike TV
    Fri 2/24 3301 Colin Fletcher +150 o1½ -180
    4:00PM 3302 Alex Lohore -190 u1½ +140
    Big flaws with both Gallagher and Kavanagh but they aren't matched up with opponents that will exploit them

MMANick

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Big flaws with both Gallagher and Kavanagh but they aren't matched up with opponents that will exploit them
    Both probably get stoppages here. Gallagher by SUB and Kavanaugh by TKO. I hate the tape delay shit and it's too bad we couldn't get some odds on the BAMMA card that they're co-promoting with.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by MMANick View Post
    Both probably get stoppages here. Gallagher by SUB and Kavanaugh by TKO. I hate the tape delay shit and it's too bad we couldn't get some odds on the BAMMA card that they're co-promoting with.
    Agreed. May be looking to fade them in the future but they probably both roll here.

Sanity Check

Odds aren't good, as expected.

The over unders might be worth a look?

OH! Also, I think this card is in europe.

It might be live hours before bellator events are usually on.

Hugo de Naranja

I think Fletcher is that evil clown guy with the sharp teeth who fought in the UFC briefly

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I've decided I'm loading up on Tony "El Cucuy" Ferguson on every book I'm on.. $500 a pop... Locked and loaded fellas!!!

When has El Cucuy ever been grapple focked and sub'd out since coming to the UFC?.. I'll tell you NEVER!!!http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Tony-Ferguson-31239

9 straight UFC wins now, he hasn't been facing bums either... Has he fought a pure grappler no but still that's not gonna deter my betting MMA logic.. At the current odds I think it's a gift and no brainer...

This is what I've seen when he's tried to be taken down.. The 0 will go - http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Khabi...agomedov-56035

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-25-17 at 08:21 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Let's get it my friend!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Let's get it my friend!
    Yep. Fergy only lost to a good lengthy pressure boxer in Michael Johnson and that was 5 years ago.. Alot has changed since then and Khabib isn't that same type of lengthy boxing as MJ..

I think the only way El Cucuy loses is if he gets caught rolling in a funky position and then shortly after gets sub'd out.. Maybe dropped by a hard punch standing then gets sub'd after.. I might hedge on the sub prop since the odds are fat... I don't think El Cucuy gets out worked and loses by decision and or ends up on his back for a lay and pray decision loss either.. Can't see that happening..

May hedge just for insurance only though ($100 each book).. Haven't yet and may not.. El Cucuy has some tricky subs himself and has a knack for recovering when rocked...

1139 Nurmagomedov wins by submission +525

Don't see these wild lefts landing..

Not sure Khabib can control El Cucuy against the cage and throw him either like he did with RDA then control him on the ground...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-25-17 at 08:45 PM.

Fatal1ty
    Fatal1ty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    After Khabib takes the belt...MCG will slowly Disappear from MMA....
    Ha ha true!

Sanity Check

Yep. Fergy only lost to a good lengthy pressure boxer in Michael Johnson and that was 5 years ago.. Alot has changed since then and Khabib isn't that same type of lengthy boxing as MJ..

I think the only way El Cucuy loses is if he gets caught rolling in a funky position and then shortly after gets sub'd out.. Maybe dropped by a hard punch standing then gets sub'd after.. I might hedge on the sub prop since the odds are fat... I don't think El Cucuy gets out worked and loses by decision and or ends up on his back for a lay and pray decision loss either.. Can't see that happening..
    Tony Ferguson broke his arm in round 1 when he fought Michael Johnson.

Ben Askren did an analysis of Khabib vs Ferguson's wrestling. Its an nteresting read.

Ben Askren things El Cucuy won't be able to stop Khabib's takedowns and ground game.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/25...tling-mma-news

Hugo de Naranja

Ben Askren did an analysis of Khabib vs Ferguson's wrestling. Its an nteresting read.

Ben Askren things El Cucuy won't be able to stop Khabib's takedowns and ground game.

I think it was actually about 2:15 in to Round 2. Was watching that fight last night

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

El Cucuy is fast and manages very well to avoid clinches and being put on his back.. He has an endless gas tank and is extremely active.. Sure Khabib has the advantage on the ground but I'm not sold he can control Tony on the ground and or keep him there.. Dude is scrappy as hell with rolls and aggressive chance taking moves..

I do think Tony has the advantage standing and with his Cardio..

Remember this a 5 round fight and even if Tony is losing the fight early on he still has a very good chance to win late if and when Khabib begins to gas out.. Khabib has never fought past 3 rounds.. Tony just needs to survive the early rounds IMO if taken down and not get finished..

Hugo de Naranja

El Cucuy is fast and manages very well to avoid clinches and being put on his back.. He has an endless gas tank and is extremely active.. Sure Khabib has the advantage on the ground but I'm not sold he can control Tony on the ground and or keep him there.. Dude is scrappy as hell with rolls and aggressive chance taking moves..

Remember this a 5 round fight and even if Tony is losing the fight early on he still has a very good chance to win late if and when Khabib begins to gas out.. Khabib has never fought past 3 rounds.. Tony just needs to survive the early rounds IMO if taken down and not get finished..
    Don't forget the Hellbows from bottom that Tony lands. He also had a KO by upkick on TUF

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Don't forget the Hellbows from bottom that Tony lands. He also had a KO by upkick on TUF
    Standing too..

Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check

Ferguson also trains at 10th planet jiu jitsu with Eddie Bravo. They specialize in technical sweeps and grappling from the bottom.

Read what Ben Askren had to say. What he said about folk wrestling and how its a neglected area of training for MMA wrestling here is very interesting:

Also don't forget that Michael Johnson's base is wrestling. Johnson is a decently decorated amateur wrestler himself & Khabib completely dominated him.

Hugo de Naranja

Ferguson also trains at 10th planet jiu jitsu with Eddie Bravo. They specialize in technical sweeps and grappling from the bottom.

Read what Ben Askren had to say. What he said about folk wrestling and how its a neglected area of training for MMA wrestling here is very interesting:

Also don't forget that Michael Johnson's base is wrestling. Johnson is a decently decorated amateur wrestler himself & Khabib completely dominated him.
    But when has Johnson really gone to his wrestling in the Octagon?

Sanity Check

But when has Johnson really gone to his wrestling in the Octagon?
    His striking and movement are so good, he never has to wrestle, he's almost always winning the fight standing.

Earlier in Michael Johnson's career, when he was on the ultimate fighter with Alex Caceres, he relied on his wrestling heavily.

Have you watched Michael Johnson's fight with Reza Madadi? I think Johnson might have been outwrestled in that fight by Reza Madadi, too. Kind of like what Khabib did to him.

I saw an interview floating around where Khabib's dad(he trains Khabib, too) says he wants Khabib to retire in 12 months. Khabib could be the only UFC fighter to retire with an undefeated record. It sucks though cause if Khabib doesn't get a fight with Conor in that timeframe, it'll probably never happen if Khabib follows through on his retirement plans.

Also have to wonder how beat up Khabib's body is if his dad/coach wants him to retire inside the next year.

I'm on the fence with Khabib vs Tony. Not sure who wins that one.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 02-26-17 at 04:05 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I think this fight comes down to whether or not Khabib can control and dominate Tony on the ground and for 5 straight rounds if he can't finish him? BIG IF?? Like I said we've never come close to seeing Tony completely controlled and dominated on the ground..

Khabib is the stud wrestling ground guy but Tony carries all the intangibles into this fight in every area..

Needless to say Tony is the more dynamic striker when the fight is standing.. He has the full arsenal from punches, elbows and kicks.. Khabib is just a bullish kind of fighter that throws looping power punches only...

I like El Cucuy's chances especially at those plus odds.. I'm even looking at the Ferguson submission prop... Not so confident Tony can get the KO on Khabib but the more likely chance of the finish would be sinking in one of those crazy neck chokes if this becomes a mostly grounded fight..

1135 Ferguson wins by submission
    +444

Tony is a bit of leech once he gets hold of the neck..

Hugo de Naranja

I think this fight comes down to whether or not Khabib can control and dominate Tony on the ground and for 5 straight rounds if he can't finish him? BIG IF?? Like I said we've never come close to seeing Tony completely controlled and dominated on the ground..

Khabib is the stud wrestling ground guy but Tony carries all the intangibles into this fight in every area..

Needless to say Tony is the more dynamic striker when the fight is standing.. He has the full arsenal from punches, elbows and kicks.. Khabib is just a bullish kind of fighter that throws looping power punches only...

I like El Cucuy's chances especially at those plus odds.. I'm even looking at the Ferguson submission prop... Not so confident Tony can get the KO on Khabib but the more likely chance of the finish would be sinking in one of those crazy neck chokes if this becomes a mostly grounded fight..

+444

Tony is a bit of leech once he gets hold of the neck..

Have Tony by sub for 2 full units. Check out the Future Fights Thread. There's a fight announcement that you might be interested in.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

He also cheated against Barbosa with an illegal kick to change around a fight he was losing as well as the eye-poke to flip the Dos Anjos fight. The guy starts losing im very curious to see what he pulls next. He has a lot of weapons in his arsenal. Ad cheating he looks like a lock.

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

I've decided I'm loading up on Tony "El Cucuy" Ferguson on every book I'm on.. $500 a pop... Locked and loaded fellas!!!

When has El Cucuy ever been grapple focked and sub'd out since coming to the UFC?.. I'll tell you NEVER!!!http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Tony-Ferguson-31239

9 straight UFC wins now, he hasn't been facing bums either... Has he fought a pure grappler no but still that's not gonna deter my betting MMA logic.. At the current odds I think it's a gift and no brainer...

This is what I've seen when he's tried to be taken down.. The 0 will go - http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Khabi...agomedov-56035

I'm leaning Ferg too but not by much. Remember Khabib is a different level grappler than anyone Tony has fought.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    I'm leaning Ferg too but not by much. Remember Khabib is a different level grappler than anyone Tony has fought.
    I agree but on the flip I don't think Khabib has fought anyone like El Cucuy either that is so well rounded and funky awkward in every area.....

It's a clash of styles for sure.. Has my interest... I typically don't bet against strong wrestlers either in this sport..

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    BIG FERG all day long blue, much more skilled and all around fighter
    5 rounds is the key here

btw go pro , you got like 17k points you can get some fun stuff with that amigo
    definitely worth $100 or some charity donations
    I just went pro this week and had 6k in points. They automatically re-set your points to 3k if you have over that amount when going pro. Rigged I know. Since Friday I have proceeded to lose 1.5k in the casino.

Igor_1965
    200 Independence Avenue
    Igor_1965's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 89

Khabib does have the best takedowns in the history of the UFC imo. His GnP is also great. Just don't see him being able to get Ferguson down and control him on the ground for 5 rounds.
    The first, or maximum the second time they hit the ground, is the beginning of an end for Tony (and 99% other MMA fighters in the division). Only chance to beat Dagestan is to keep the fight standing for the first 4-4.5 minutes of each and every round. Tall order if you ask me.

Igor_1965
    200 Independence Avenue
    Igor_1965's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 89

+444
    This is crazy. Reminds me of Trump to become the President bets. Oh wait...

Hugo de Naranja

Anyone have thoughts on Pedro vs. Craig?

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by badgerguy View Post
    I just went pro this week and had 6k in points. They automatically re-set your points to 3k if you have over that amount when going pro. Rigged I know. Since Friday I have proceeded to lose 1.5k in the casino.

you didnt try betting 14k in sportsbook random bets to see if they would cash after coming pro?? thought that could possibly work?

either way being pro at least you can cash betpoints for fun stuff , much better being pro for a year stack those points up again , 17k is pretty impressive however you did it , gotta get back there and get some giftcards or something

Sanity Check

Event is 5 days away & full odds still not out.

Oddsmakers must be working overtime.

Anyone have thoughts on Pedro vs. Craig?
    They're both grapplers / jiu jitsu guys.

Need more info on Tyson Pedros grappling accolades, there should be more info on him out thar.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 02-27-17 at 09:16 AM.

Hugo de Naranja

Event is 5 days away & full odds still not out.

Oddsmakers must be working overtime.

They're both grapplers / jiu jitsu guys.

Need more info on Tyson Pedros grappling accolades, there should be more info on him out thar.
    In all his fights that I've seen, Pedro takes a guy down, gets to mount, and lands some GnP. Then opponent gives up his back and does nothing to defend an RNC before quick tapping.

Craig seems to have a lethal guard and some karate kicks but not much else.

First 123456 ... Last