THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Browne (February 19, 2017)

FOX Sports 1, 09:00 p.m. ET
    Derrick Lewis vs Travis Browne
    Johny Hendricks vs Hector Lombard
    Sam Sicilia vs Gavin Tucker
    Elias Theodorou vs Cezar Ferreira
    Gina Mazany vs Sara McMann
    Paul Felder vs Alessandro Ricci

FOX Sports 1, 07:00 p.m. ET
    Santiago Ponzinibbio vs Nordine Taleb
    Carla Esparza vs Randa Markos
    Reginaldo Vieira vs Aiemann Zahabi
    Jack Marshman vs Thiago Santos

UFC Fight Pass 06:30 p.m. ET
    Ryan Janes vs Gerald Meerschaert

Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UncleChael gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JC2008 gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Unwritten Law gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

richie360 gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

D Lewis should knock out Travis Browne early on..

With that being said, Browne is the more well rounded fighter though, more technical, probably better cardio, but is TB good enough standing to trade with the Black beast? I think not.. Is Travis Browne good enough to take down Lewis and put him on his back at will I don't think so..

I will say this though, if Lewis can't get the knock out early on before he gasses out, I do like Travis Brown to win the fight if it drags on.. Cardio has to go to Travis Browne..

So it's probably gonna be Lewis round 1 KO, or Brown on straight win if had to guess...

The Beast....

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-13-17 at 03:19 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

This is Johny Hendricks fair well fight in the UFC as I think he will get the boot after this loss.. JH is a shell of the fighter he use to be.. He's lost his edge in the sport IMO..

I think Hector knocks him out early on in the fight and retires him to Bellator..

May still hedge it though with the JH KO prop.. Hector Lombards chin is suspect..

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Another ez main event. Joe Silva never come back!

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Another ez main event. Joe Silva never come back!
    I like your new avatar Chael

UncleChael

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I like your new avatar Chael
    Hell yeah!! #TonyTime
    Last edited by UncleChael; 02-13-17 at 03:37 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave UncleChael 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UncleChael

Travis Browne is going to murder Derrick Lewis.

Hugo de Naranja

How do you see the fight playing out?

Hugo de Naranja

I actually think Lewis has the cardio advantage.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

On first thought, I like Black Beast to pummel Browne and catch him late in the 1st or early 2nd. Despite his last win, he won a very sloppy fight which he wasn't satisfied with. Shouldn't have to worry much about BB's cardio. He went the full 3 vs Big Country and got the stoppage in the 4th vs Shamil. Feel if he can drag Browne down and maintain top heavy position and deliver some hard shots, it will be a long night for Browne as he will wear down and eventually put away.

Lombard's chin has cracked twice vs H-bomb and that comeback KO victory by Magny has me a bit worried backing him against a rugged Hendricks. Thinks the fight will go over the total. Lombard has 2 KO wins in the UFC out of 8 total fights, not the same killa like his pre-UFC day and he's getting up there in age so he will probably fight a slow pace with a couple combos and flurries here and there.

Nordine Taleb might be a live dog at +269.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Browne
    santos

money

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

I was thinking the same thing about Taleb at that price.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    On first thought, I like Black Beast to pummel Browne and catch him late in the 1st or early 2nd. Despite his last win, he won a very sloppy fight which he wasn't satisfied with. Shouldn't have to worry much about BB's cardio. He went the full 3 vs Big Country and got the stoppage in the 4th vs Shamil. Feel if he can drag Browne down and maintain top heavy position and deliver some hard shots, it will be a long night for Browne as he will wear down and eventually put away.

Lombard's chin has cracked twice vs H-bomb and that comeback KO victory by Magny has me a bit worried backing him against a rugged Hendricks. Thinks the fight will go over the total. Lombard has 2 KO wins in the UFC out of 8 total fights, not the same killa like his pre-UFC day and he's getting up there in age so he will probably fight a slow pace with a couple combos and flurries here and there.

Nordine Taleb might be a live dog at +269.
    Cant argue your points.. JH looks like shit in recent fight, Travis Brown not much better though..

Travis Browne has been fighting some stiff competition lately in his behalf.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Travis-Browne-16785

Also JH has lost to stiff competition as well but he's now a loser of 3 straight..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Johny-Hendricks-24539

Remember Lombard was beating the shiiit out of both Magny and Hendo before losing those fights also...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Hector-Lombard-11292

I find it difficult to bet on either JH or TB...

Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3698

Just an initial thought. I think TB/BB is a pass because TB is now training at Black House. He's no longer with Edmund. It's hard to say how much Edmund ****** up TB's game. That's a wild card, so the best move here is to pass IMO.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Rich Benjamins 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UncleChael

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Benjamins View Post
    Just an initial thought. I think TB/BB is a pass because TB is now training at Black House. He's no longer with Edmund. It's hard to say how much Edmund ****** up TB's game. That's a wild card, so the best move here is to pass IMO.
    He's still with Edmund.

Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3698

He's still with Edmund.
    What about this?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/1/20...ousey-mma-news

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    D Lewis should knock out Travis Browne early on..

With that being said, Browne is the more well rounded fighter though, more technical, probably better cardio, but is TB good enough standing to trade with the Black beast? I think not.. Is Travis Browne good enough to take down Lewis and put him on his back at will I don't think so..

I will say this though, if Lewis can't get the knock out early on before he gasses out, I do like Travis Brown to win the fight if it drags on.. Cardio has to go to Travis Browne..

So it's probably gonna be Lewis round 1 KO, or Brown on straight win if had to guess...

The Beast....

Derrick Lewis is a TERRIBLE striker.

TPowell

Probably an auto pass for me. Browne is 2x the fighter that Lewis is but Edmond wrecked the guy. IF he's got back to being a decent fighter, he wins here. Lewis is very overrated. HAS to land the takedown to win fights

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

we are in agreement

i think Brownes stock couldn't be any lower, everyone will fade him because of Lewis's win streak and Brownes coach.
    Last edited by GoBlue77; 02-14-17 at 12:20 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Derrick Lewis is a TERRIBLE striker.
    Can't be that bad if he has 15 ko's in 17 of his wins.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Derrick-Lewis-59284

Black Beast finds the chin when he needs to and given the chance when standing.. Travis Brown doesn't have great footwork or head movement himself.. He fights tall and with his chin straight up..

Travis could clinch up alot with the beast and tire him out though against the cage.. My main concern...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-14-17 at 12:25 AM.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    we are in agreement

i think Brownes stock couldn't be any lower, everyone will fade him because of Lewis's win streak and Brownes coach.
    Do you think Browne will use his wrestling here?

firekillex

browne has great footwork for a heavyweight not sure what jibbys saying
    he does get tagged sometimes but he has a great chin , hes only been tkod in a crazy war with arlovski
    and by the best heavyweight around who was super motivated imo cain velasquez

browne is super athletic , better length, footwork, chin, ground game, striking diversity and he needs the win extremely bad
    he basically has every advantage imo other then the power department and the win celebrations

love black beast but browne is a better fighter plain and simple, great price here for him , its heavyweight and anybody can be tagged so its hard to go huge on browne here, but change of camps/ a decent gameplan and this fire lit under his ass i see a big win coming for hapa , hes beaten much better guys then lewis... lewis has lost to both good strikers hes fought in the UFC and id say browne is better then both ( shawn jordan, matt mitrione )

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status
    Bad Tattoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1327

Haven't placed a bet yet but have to think Hendricks bounces back with a win here.

Bad Tattoo
    Update your status
    Bad Tattoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1327

Hendricks should have won a decision against Magny last time out...Lombard got KO'ed by Dan Henderson last fight

Hugo de Naranja

Hendricks/Lombard will probably be a draw

TPowell

Lewis is only dangerous on the ground. His striking is pretty poor but he does have power. Just depends on how smart Browne fights. I don't want any piece of this one I don't think

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    browne has great footwork for a heavyweight not sure what jibbys saying
    he does get tagged sometimes but he has a great chin , hes only been tkod in a crazy war with arlovski
    and by the best heavyweight around who was super motivated imo cain velasquez

browne is super athletic , better length, footwork, chin, ground game, striking diversity and he needs the win extremely bad
    he basically has every advantage imo other then the power department and the win celebrations

love black beast but browne is a better fighter plain and simple, great price here for him , its heavyweight and anybody can be tagged so its hard to go huge on browne here, but change of camps/ a decent gameplan and this fire lit under his ass i see a big win coming for hapa , hes beaten much better guys then lewis... lewis has lost to both good strikers hes fought in the UFC and id say browne is better then both ( shawn jordan, matt mitrione )
    Maybe so, we'll see Fire???

I really could see this fight going one way or the other.. I'll hedge it.. I still lean the Beast by KO.. Browne hasn't looked very good in recent fights and the Beast hits harder then Arlovski...

One good shot from the beast and down goes Frazzzzier!!!

Then again maybe Browne lands a head kick or something though, he has that in his bag of tricks.. Beast is a stationary target most of the time..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Hendricks/Lombard will probably be a draw
    You're throwing away your money on those draw props hugo.. I can't remember the last time we saw a draw in a UFC event. It's been months..

They just don't happen that often... Just wanted to point that out buddy.. I thinks it best to play the draw on live betting once you a see a 10-8 round or a point deduction happen in the early rounds..

Unwritten Law

Last draw I can recall is Woodley vs Wonderboy.

firekillex

Draw props are tough but with the change in scoring they'll be easier to hit now ... 10-8s are given easier so Lombard could win 10-8 first and Hendricks wrestles the gassed Lombard next 2 rounds 10-9... just depends the draw price if you only need to hit one outta every 50 bets for profit I could see the reasoning .. anything under 1/25 odds I wouldn't take to be profitable though imo

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    Last draw I can recall is Woodley vs Wonderboy.
    And technically the 145 woman's on the weekend should've been a draw if the ref was competent enough to deduct a point. Anybody with a draw on that must've been sick

Unwritten Law

Damn a PED injected Hendricks and Lombard a few years back would've been epic now I think about it.

TPowell

Leaning towards a small play on Travis Browne. I think he can take Lewis down (everybody does) and Browne has a decent sub game he could go to but I think he'll try to lay and pray some. The only issue is Lewis is so big that he usually gets up whenever he feels like. Browne by decision is nearly +800. That could have some value because Lewis isn't this great finisher on the feet like everyone seems to think. He's a lot like Soa Palelei in respect to him having to get on top of guys to do much damage for the most part. He can brawl and has power in both hands unlike Soa but I think the comparison is legit. Browne's takedown defense is pretty solid for the most part so he could have some issues. On the other hand, Browne could easily get Lewis to the floor if he decides to.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    You're throwing away your money on those draw props hugo.. I can't remember the last time we saw a draw in a UFC event. It's been months..

They just don't happen that often... Just wanted to point that out buddy.. I thinks it best to play the draw on live betting once you a see a 10-8 round or a point deduction happen in the early rounds..
    I don't think 5Ds has Draw as a live-betting outcome, otherwise I'd use that more. I believe UFC 208 was the first event where the commission had adopted the new scoring criteria. We saw 10-8s in LaFlare, Makhachev, Poirier, and Texeira fights which makes draws more likely. Also as fire said, main event should have been a draw with a point deduction. I think they're worth a small sprinkle going forward.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    And technically the 145 woman's on the weekend should've been a draw if the ref was competent enough to deduct a point. Anybody with a draw on that must've been sick
    Yup. Having a fractional unit on the draw in Wonderboy/Woodley saved me from a huge loss on that fight since I had some big prop exposure.

1234 ... Last