Betpoints: 4086

Nelson
    Aldo
    Lawler.
    At least 2 should cash and be easy profit

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

Me tinks Tim Dirty Bird Means is gonna be a really tough match up for Matt Brown.. Tim Means is scrappy as fock, sizes up well in this one and has quietly rattled off 4 wins in a row now.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Tim-Means-11281

Matt Brown could win but becareful people if you're automatically thinking Matt Brown will win this one..

I also see Mike Swick is back and fighting again after a 3 year layoff... I also see the UFC match makers are throwing him under the bus with a very tough opponent in Alex Garcia in his first fight back.. Ouch!!! http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Alex-Garcia-54124

There is alot of good fights on this card.. This card really is stacked...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Heyeverybody99 View Post
    If Aldo gets to +150 ( wont happen) I will def put a little on him. Got Mcgregor at +135 for over $1000
    +150 could happen and probably will the way this line keeps moving.... 5dimes as of today..

UFC 189 - Featherweight 5 rounds - MGM Grand Garden Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada - PPV
    Sat 7/11 1001 Conor McGregor -145 o2½ -125
    11:59PM 1002 Jose Aldo +125 u2½ +105

Giants007
    Giants007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

5dimes (just in case odds)

Chad Mendes -135

Conor McGregor +105

Giants007

Good read very accurate imo

I would have just posted the link but I haven't had much luck going that route

Injury-prone Jose Aldo tarnishes UFC 189 main event
    By Lewis Mckeever - bloodyelbow

t's the UFC event of the year. Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor is a spectacle that has reached far and wide, spanning across eight different cities in five countries as the two headlining men trotted the globe on a trash-talking voyage. From Dublin to Brazil; London to Las Vegas, Aldo and McGregor's pre-fight bickering on the UFC's exhaustive world tour has seduced a global audience.
    With all the time, money and effort devoted to the McGregor/Aldo show, it's easy to forget there's another blockbuster title fight in the co-main event of UFC 189. Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor is an event in and of itself: so grand in scale that the welterweight championship clash between Robbie Lawler and Rory MacDonald feels like an insignificant drop in a titanic ocean. The astronomical Aldo vs. McGregor hype has swallowed every other fight on the card; serving as the ravenous main course after a fixing of appetizers.

Jose Aldo's
    last minute rib injury, however, has all but crippled the main event.

On June 23rd, it was announced that Aldo had suffered a devastating injury in training and that his championship showdown with McGregor was in serious jeopardy. Then, it was revealed that Aldo's suspected fracture was in fact just a bruise. Then, a conflict between the Brazilian and American medical authorities broke out. Brazilian reports say Jose had suffered a fracture while US doctors diagnosed a bone bruise. All the while, the featherweight champ has remained as quiet as a church mouse, leaving his investigative head coach Andre Pederneiras to make sense of it all.

All this kerfuffle has been draining. It's sucked the life out UFC 189 and it's partly Jose Aldo's fault. This late injury is no lone incident. If Jose Aldo does pull out of UFC 189 it will mark the fifth time he'd have to reschedule a title fight. SPORTSJoe's Darragh Murphy provided a breakdown of Aldo's injury complications on Thursday:

UFC 125 - Aldo had just been named the first UFC featherweight champion after the organisation adopted the 145lb weight division but his first defence against Josh Grispi quickly became a non-event when the Brazilian withdrew from the card, citing an injury.

UFC 149 - Another undisclosed injury put the kibosh on Aldo's planned bout with Erik Koch in July 2012 which led to teammate Renan Barao's interim bantamweight fight with Urijah Faber being moved to the main event. .

UFC 153 - Erik Koch would have been cursing Aldo's training partners when the rescheduled title fight was also scrapped after the Nova Uniao fighter damaged his foot in training.

UFC 176 - This event was just the second time that the UFC had to cancel an entire pay-per-view when Jose Aldo fell out of his scheduled fight with Chad Mendes after a shoulder injury late on in training meant that he couldn't compete."

That's an extensive list of injuries for a fighter reaching his athletic prime at 28-years-old. More knocks and bruises in the gym could stunt his longevity in the sport. Perhaps, like Cain Velasquez, the Brazilian should reassess his training methods and take his foot off the gas in sparring practice. Gutting it out until the end of the round after almost suffering a shattered rib isn't 'tough' or wise. At least not in the training room.

Now, on the eve of the most promoted fight in UFC history, the injury-riddled champ may have to withdraw from another main event. This time, however, there won't be any rescheduling. Chad Mendes will battle with Conor McGregor for the interim featherweight championship if the Nova União captain opts out.

Although Mendes vs. McGregor is a compelling bout and an intriguing stylistic matchup, it's not what we were promised. Neither is McGregor vs. Aldo. It's a far cry from the prime vs. prime featherweight spectacle we'd all envisioned - because Jose Aldo got injured. Again. And this time, the consequences are devastating.

If McGregor usurps the champ, it will count for nothing. He fought a 'ribless' Aldo, after all. 'If McGregor fought a healthy Aldo, the result would have been completely different!' This is the excuse-laden aftermath that awaits if (when) the Irishman dethrones his Brazilian nemesis. The crafty champion already has his pre-fight excuse in the books to completely discredit his opponents' win.

If Aldo manages to soldier on and adds another championship feather to his cap, the UFC McGregor money-making machine will crash and burn. Not being able to beat a bruised-ribbed champion spells disaster for McGregor and the UFC. It'll be hard to market a rematch if McGregor loses, but if Aldo loses, you can bet he'll be booked to avenge his loss - similar to how teammate Renan Barão was promised vengeance on TJ Dillashaw after losing at UFC 173.

We could still be treated to an Octagon frenzy in two week's time. A rock'em sock'em slugfest or a technical chess match of the highest level. It could still dazzle and entertain and provoke two patriotic nations to collide in a war of words and bellow of chants at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, but it won't be what was promised.

Much like when Anderson Silva fought Chael Sonnen for the first time in 2010, the bout was marred with post-fight controversy because of Silva's sore ribs - (and Sonnen's failed drug test) expect the outrage to be exemplified tenfold when UFC 189 concludes on July 11.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Really starting to consider only playing the under 2.5 round bet at +105 in this fight..

Gotta consider Conor McGregor is a finisher and mostly all his fights have ended in the first round.. Aldo I'm sure won't be holding back either as he surely feels disrespected going in.. Thinking something should give early on..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Conor-McGregor-29688

Just really hoping Aldo doesn't walk into one of these from the southpaw if I do end up betting on him...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-29-15 at 02:15 PM.

Giants007

Conor says he is dropping Aldo 4 minutes into round 1, I believe it

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Really starting to consider only playing the under 2.5 round bet at +105 in this fight..

Gotta consider Conor McGregor is a finisher and mostly all his fights have ended in the first round.. Aldo I'm sure won't be holding back either as he surely feels disrespected going in.. Thinking something should give early on..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Conor-McGregor-29688

Just really hoping Aldo doesn't walk into one of these from the southpaw if I do end up betting on him...

C'mon Jibbs....

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Hate Connie or no, that sequence is penetrating beautiful.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I mean should be a pick fight...but i agree w you...
    Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    A razor close 3 rounder. Razor close, MacD ended in top position. This is a 5 rounder, and in a 5 rounder, Lawler basically stops fighting in the middle 3 rounds.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    C'mon Jibbs....
    I know Unc, I came out of the blocks screaming Aldo for the win, but man I watched carefully how both these guys fight standing and I'm starting to think this fight could go either way now.

I know I'm a bit of a traitor on this but I promise you I'm either betting Aldo or it's gonna be a no play on the straight. Worried about that over hand left connecting to Aldo's chin..

Aldo maybe should shoot for a take down early on and maybe he will. Test McNuggets grappling and take his back....IDK????
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-29-15 at 06:41 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Jose Aldo’s Jiu Jitsu

Full Name: José Aldo Junior
    Nickname: n/a
    Lineage: Mitsuyo Maeda > Carlos Gracie > Carlson Gracie > Andre Pederneiras > José Aldo
    Main Achievements (Jiu Jitsu):

• World Cup Champion – CBJJO (2004 brown belt division)
    • Brazilian National Champion (2003 purple belt)
    • World Championship Bronze Medallist (2001 blue belt)

Weight Division: Peso Pluma (64kg – 141lbs)
    Team/Association: Nova Uniao

Jose Aldo was born on the 9th of September 1986 in the city of Manaus, Brazil. As a child he was very interested in Football (soccer), a sport he played competitively. He was an aggressive player and often had scuffles with the players from the opposing teams. It was because of those fights that José Aldo felt the need to join Capoeira (a Brazilian martial art) at the age of 14 to improve his fighting skills. By the age of 16 he had changed his mind as to what he wanted to accomplish in adulthood. Hebelieved his destiny was to become a professional footballer as a child, but in his adolescence he started feeling the need be part of combat sports.
    He moved to Rio de Janeiro (home to his favourite soccer club, Flamengo,) on his own when he was 16 years old, against his mother’s will. He had very little money and no job, so his first few weeks were incredibly hard, living in the Favelas (Brazilian slums). The first correspondence his mother received from Aldo was a letter with a sea shell on it. Looking at the sea had been a dream of Jose Aldo’s since he was a child – though his mother never really thought this would be something he would accomplish due to the long distance between Manaus and the coast, The letter represented the first tick on a list of accomplishments soon to come.
    To start his fighting tuition, Jose Aldo looked for the legendary coach André Pederneiras from Nova Uniao, a man responsible for the development of fighters like Vitor “Shaolin”, Robson Moura, Ramon Lemos, Gustavo Dantas, Marlon Sandro and many others. Aldo trained under Pederneiras for a few weeks, and when the master found out about Aldo’s dire situation he took Aldo aside and told him to start living in the academy, he also stopped charging him for the tuition. At Nova Uniao he also met “Vivi” (Viviane) the woman that would later become his wife. She trained Muay Thai at the academy and caught Aldo’s eye immediately. They started dating and a few years into their relationship Aldo proposed to her on top of a ring, just after he won his fight. In true Latin style, he also told Vivi to stop training as his wife could not be seen training in a male oriented gym.
    Jose Aldo’s career in Jiu Jitsu was prosperous, but he decided to focus his training regime towards MMA (as that was where he could make a living), though he always considered himself a BJJ fighter (as stated on an interview to Sensei TV in 2010). He also stated that he always comes back to gi training after his fights and that he prefers to strike to please the knockout hungry crowds.
    Jose Aldo went on to accomplish titles in the WEC and the UFC, two of the best MMA organizations in the world.
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-29-15 at 05:59 PM.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

just bet

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Is Brad Picket really the sacrificial lamb going in against Thomas Almedia at +590? Granted the guy is 18-0 but I don't think he's fought the level of competition Brad has in the past... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Thomas-Almeida-87865

Brad Pickett is one tough Brit and sports a solid chin but I do believe he becomes a human punching bag in this one... Almedia does have 14 Ko's in 18 fights... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brad-Pickett-11743

Don't think this dog Pickett will bark anyways..... Odds are a bit high though...

Only plays I see value worthy in this one are -

1433 Almedia wins by TKO/KO +140

or maybe

1409 Almedia wins inside distance -159
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-30-15 at 01:51 AM.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Conor will beat Lawler!

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Its rare that the challenger is favored over the champion, Its now the case with both title fights on this card.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Jose Aldo line jumped another 5 points today on 5D.. Aldo line is so gonna be +150 or more come fight time.. The betting public is seriously losing faith in Aldo...

UFC 189 - Featherweight 5 rounds - MGM Grand Garden Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada - PPV
    Sat 7/11 1001 Conor McGregor -150 o2½ -125
    11:59PM 1002 Jose Aldo +130 u2½ +105

PaperTrail07

Dude.....dirty bird will not be able to handle the immortal.....bird may hang in there for 3 but he is losing this fight...
    Me tinks Tim Dirty Bird Means is gonna be a really tough match up for Matt Brown.. Tim Means is scrappy as fock, sizes up well in this one and has quietly rattled off 4 wins in a row now.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Tim-Means-11281

Matt Brown could win but becareful people if you're automatically thinking Matt Brown will win this one..

I also see Mike Swick is back and fighting again after a 3 year layoff... I also see the UFC match makers are throwing him under the bus with a very tough opponent in Alex Garcia in his first fight back.. Ouch!!! http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Alex-Garcia-54124

There is alot of good fights on this card.. This card really is stacked...

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47529

Is Brad Picket really the sacrificial lamb going in against Thomas Almedia at +590? Granted the guy is 18-0 but I don't think he's fought the level of competition Brad has in the past... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Thomas-Almeida-87865

Brad Pickett is one tough Brit and sports a solid chin but I do believe he becomes a human punching bag in this one... Almedia does have 14 Ko's in 18 fights... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brad-Pickett-11743

Don't think this dog Pickett will bark anyways..... Odds are a bit high though...

Only plays I see value worthy in this one are -

1433 Almedia wins by TKO/KO +140

or maybe

1409 Almedia wins inside distance -159
    agreed I think this line is way too high...Almeida was not that impressive in his first UFC fight and Pickett might be able to take him down and grind out a decision.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47529

unfortunately the Garbrandt line has gone from around -300ish to -500ish in the last few days...he was very impressive in his last fight and should be added to any and all parlays.

PaperTrail07

100% agree I said a prayer hoping he came out at -200 lol....needed a gift haha....He is that good and will win with ease
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    unfortunately the Garbrandt line has gone from around -300ish to -500ish in the last few days...he was very impressive in his last fight and should be added to any and all parlays.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JAKEPEAVY21

PaperTrail07

Hit it at -405 and it is now -560....probably be -750 by the time the fight happens...

PaperTrail07

Hate the guy but you have to feel like Pendred will win as well.....Fighting - 24201 C. McGregor -140 for Game
    Fighting - 24205 R. Lawler +150 for Game
    Fighting - 24210 D. Bermudez -190 for Game
    Fighting - 24214 B. Thatch -165 for Game
    Fighting - 24217 B. Pickett +515 for Game
    Fighting - 24222 M. Brown -195 for Game
    Fighting - 24226 C. Pendred -140 for Game
    Fighting - 24229 M. Swick +305 for Game
    Fighting - 24234 C. Garbrandt -405 for Game
    Fighting - 24238 L. Smolka -115 for Game
    Fighting - 24242 Y. Cedeno -195 for Game

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Damn, we gotta wait 11 more days for this crap to go down and no other MMA events to bet on in the mean time either..

MMA betting withdrawls are already starting to kick in, short temper, angry all the time, experiencing the cold sweats, shakes and sleepless nights... This is not good!!!!

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

JIBBY if you get near seizure time there are 2 smaller MMA events on fri. july 3rd. ant something called invicta fc 13 on july 9 hang tough kiddo
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave agendaman 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

shabang
    shabang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

This thread title needs to change to "mcgregor vs mendes"

KingHawkins
    KingHawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21284

I can get Chad -130 (leaning that way) or McGruber +120. What you guys think? Line is moving, this is the best of my 3 offshores at the moment.

KingHawkins

Within 5 minutes, 5D has that +120 down to -115. Now I am looking at -115 Chad, +105 Conor.
    How does this one play out? Where are the cocky and confident self-proclaimed experts at? Don't be shy we are all here to make $$$

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

With McGregors mouth and massive hype train picking up momentum constantly the line for fighting Mendes can only go one way.. Play the waiting game if you're gonna play Mendes..... Jump on Conrad now flip side..

Can play the free money game with this now.... Max Bet Conrad McNuggets now, then wait til day of fight after the line continued to move then equal that max bet Mendes to offset each other.. Chances are you'll come out with good free cash without any risk...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-30-15 at 08:44 PM.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by KingHawkins View Post
    Within 5 minutes, 5D has that +120 down to -115. Now I am looking at -115 Chad, +105 Conor.
    How does this one play out? Where are the cocky and confident self-proclaimed experts at? Don't be shy we are all here to make $$$
    conor vs aldo .....conor was the easy winner and if you don't know that, please stop gambling now, you're clueless.
    conor vs chad....less confident in conor now. no way this isn't LETDOWN CITY anyway you slice it. still conor is the new face of UFC just like Ronda is for the women. conor +100 instead of -130, sure thanks vegas.

not unloading tho like i was going to in the aldo fight.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Aldo's officially out of the fight.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/13...gor-rib-injury

KingHawkins

I agree and good call. I just hit Conor for $300 at +105 with full intention of grabbing some Chad at plus $ for a clean hedge.
    I actually do like Mendes here somehow, and somehow over 2.5 (if that is what it ends up being). But the fight confuses me. Can Conor knock out Chad. Can Chad KO Conor. Or wrastle him down and G&P him?

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Damn, we gotta wait 11 more days for this crap to go down and no other MMA events to bet on in the mean time either..
    The next 4 UFC events are literally back to back to back to back.

July 11th, 12th, 15th and 18th.

4 events inside of a week.

Then another on the 25th about a week later.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 06-30-15 at 08:36 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Chad Mendes is gonna take down Marty McFly.. I'm on Mendes...

McMouth said he is gonna toy with Mendes for 4 minutes then knock him out..

This will be a fun fight to view.. I'm excited to see it go down.. Would have rather seen Aldo fight but this works...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-30-15 at 09:11 PM.

First 123456 ... Last