teachervido
    teachervido's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bitcoin Question

Hi guys!

Question in regards to bitcoins. This will be my first w/d using bitcoins as I've already setup an account on coinbase and blockchain. The minimum withdrawal is $50 and I was wondering if I do withdrawal $50 in bitcoins and it's processed and the money is in my wallet; what happens if a few days later bitcoins drops $100 from $1100 to $1000 overnight? Does that mean all the bitcoins in my wallet will be gone or just proportional to it?

Thanks!

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

It's proportional to the amount of BTC you have.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by teachervido View Post
    Hi guys!

Question in regards to bitcoins. This will be my first w/d using bitcoins as I've already setup an account on coinbase and blockchain. The minimum withdrawal is $50 and I was wondering if I do withdrawal $50 in bitcoins and it's processed and the money is in my wallet; what happens if a few days later bitcoins drops $100 from $1100 to $1000 overnight? Does that mean all the bitcoins in my wallet will be gone or just proportional to it?

Thanks!
    If the base priced dropped 10% like that, so would the value of bitcoin you are holding. So your $50 would only be worth about $45

If you are just using bitcoin to transfer money then don't leave it sitting around as bitcoin. Try to get it into a book or sold back for $$ ASAP each time.