TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Coinbase Authorizes New Card Limits - Check Your Accounts

Just got an email indicating my deb crd was increased to 3k. Never asked for the increase... and I logged into the acct today... and it's working.

If you want to purchase 1k worth of coins... the fees would be $39.90

Sure beats the 250 limits daily.

Don't know what got into them? Glad they changed.

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993431

Thanks for sharing. Limits are increased with time and usage at Coinbase. Also, traders are able to go through additional verification to raise their bank upload limit.

dtd069
    dtd069's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

my limits are still 1k a week for credit card/ debit cards...10k for ach bank transfers

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Limits are increased with time and usage at Coinbase. Also, traders are able to go through additional verification to raise their bank upload limit.
    This is the odd thing. I haven't used coinbase in 7 months. I was always using Circle. I only have simple verification.... bnk acct... debit crd. I heard they ask for more extensive verification now... but I never gave them anything additional. Like I said... I noticed this email from them in my inbox... "Your Limits Have Increased". And I was like... What?

Currently at 10k bnk ACH
    And 3k deb crd.

I never asked for an increase. This is what I don't understand? But I'll take it.

I hope other posters get an increase. Deb Crd $250 limits were ridiculous.

scavsiu8
    scavsiu8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

It seems they have timed increases. I just went from $300 to $1k, and I have to wait another 90 days to get another increase. To go from $300 to 1k was a 90 day wait also.

$300 was painful coming from Circle but at 1k, anything I need is satisfied

silverdollar444
    silverdollar444's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

The fee increase has hurt Coinbase bitcoin withdrawals quite a bit but in my mind there's still nothing out there better for getting your money fast. Thanks for the update.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by silverdollar444 View Post
    The fee increase has hurt Coinbase bitcoin withdrawals quite a bit but in my mind there's still nothing out there better for getting your money fast. Thanks for the update.
    Have a look at the BitPay ATM card if getting your money fast is the top priority.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7298

Am I correct in understanding that when you buy through a bankaccount at coinbase:

1. Your price is locked in when you confirm transactions
    2. Any movements between when you start order and the 7 days till the money arrives at coinbase are your P/L

Basically, if i hit order from bank account, do I own the coins but can't move them? or do I buy them only after transfer is complete.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    Am I correct in understanding that when you buy through a bankaccount at coinbase:

2. Any movements between when you start order and the 7 days till the money arrives at coinbase are your P/L

Basically, if i hit order from bank account, do I own the coins but can't move them? or do I buy them only after transfer is complete.
    I think you load your account with funds from your bank and then the purchase occurs at the price the day you receive them.

But wait for a US user to confirm that in case I don't fully understand the buy from bank account option you are asking about.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post

Let me give you an example.

You place an order at coinbase using ACH from your bnk acct on a Monday. The price locked in (for example) $1,000 for 1 BTC and you purchased $2,000 worth.

You would typically receive your order sometime during the day on Friday. If, on Friday the rate is $1,010 for 1 BTC. You would make a gain from your order. Everyone's dream.

If for instance it drops to $980.00 for 1 BTC on Friday. You'd lose on your order placed last Monday.

Hope this helps.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7298

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Let me give you an example.

You place an order at coinbase using ACH from your bnk acct on a Monday. The price locked in (for example) $1,000 for 1 BTC and you purchased $2,000 worth.

You would typically receive your order sometime during the day on Friday. If, on Friday the rate is $1,010 for 1 BTC. You would make a gain from your order. Everyone's dream.

If for instance it drops to $980.00 for 1 BTC on Friday. You'd lose on your order placed last Monday.

Hope this helps.
    Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

If you don't want to be subject to fluctuations just use GDAX. It's the Coinbase exchange. You automatically have an account there if you have Coinbase.