TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Why Does Bookmaker's Bitcoin Cashier Fluctuate More Than Other Books?

Just sent Bookmaker 2k

Lost -$5.77 Net On Transaction

Not really bit#$ing about a few dollars.

But, when I send Heritage or 5Dimes... or even Bovada 2K... I either lose a few cents... or I actually gain + on the deal. And yes... I'm a precise guy when dealing with STATS. I keep track.

I don't get this sh#$.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Bookmaker uses a bitcoin processor that takes a small fee. Under 1% they say.

They also use instant pricing at the moment the btc is credited/sent.

In most cases their exchange rate tends to give you a tad extra on deposits and tad less on withdraws too.

That probably accounts for fluctuations and you might also be comparing to books that quote a fixed rate at the deposit request stage?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Bookmaker uses a bitcoin processor that takes a small fee. Under 1% they say.

They also use instant pricing at the moment the btc is credited/sent.

In most cases their exchange rate tends to give you a tad extra on deposits and tad less on withdraws too.

That probably accounts for fluctuations and you might also be comparing to books that quote a fixed rate at the deposit request stage?
    Thanks for the post Optional.

Well like I said... I clicked the Deposit amount I wanted. Then Bookmaker says... you must send "This exact amount in Bitcoins". So naturally I prepare it in my Blockchain wallet... And I clearly notice it's higher than the going rate. But... what are you going to do? Just hoping when the deposit hits... you get a better rate. Nope... it was exactly what I punched in.

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Bitcoin.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

I have this exact same problem. Their price is usually around 2% above the Kraken price...asked them about it and they told me to use Bitstamp, which makes no difference at all because that price is roughly the same as the Kraken one. Bit annoyed with this as it makes me lose 2% from each transaction.

On top of that, if you deposit with Neteller into your bookmaker euro account they credit your Neteller in USD (for absolutely no reason at all if they will credit your account in euro anyway) so you have to pay the FX charges on that too (which are about 3%) so that's even worse. They don't have wire transfers anymore either...