onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4723

Chone Figgins - Los Angeles Angels of Anheim

I know this guy has the speed to get 50 steals on the season and 100 plus runs, but you need to get on base to do that. The guy is batting a out standing .133 to this point. When do you say to yourself, that he is hurting you more then helping?

You would think he would come around at some point. But do you keep going with him?

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it's just a relatively meaningless aberrant stretch he's going through right now, unless he's injured. I mean come on, he was a near-.300 hitter at Angel Stadium for 3 years, you can't write him off because he's had a rough 80 ABs.

But still, when you're 5 foot 8 and have speed like he has, you should get more walks than he gets. The right hitting coach could turn him into the best leadoff hitter in the league.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

He is coming off a injury, a finger I think.

Just something to keep watch on, because this is the Angels spark plug, and they need him on base.

Angels aren't hurting right now though, so watch out when Figgins breaks out of this slump.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

After going over some numbers, I remembered this thread. These are Figgins' stats for June. I guess the finger is fully healed.

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
    24 106 20 47 6 2 0 15 8 12 13 3 .443 .482 .538 1.020

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Yeah, he really went on a tear there this month. I have him on a few fantasy teams, and seen he was producing this month. Stolen bases is all I was really worried about with him.