chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

There Has Never Been a Surer Champion in Pro Sports History Than Cubs 2016...

If you believe in your heart that any other team in the MLB has a remote sliver of a chance to win the World Series in 2016, you need to find a new hobby. Gambling isn't for you, at least when it comes to baseball. You may be able to eek by on a few lucky individual game bets, but you do not understand how baseball works.

Prior to the addition of Aroldis Chapman, the Cubs were the greatest team in the MLB by a large margin. With Chapman, they are the greatest team in MLB history. There is no argument. Aroldis Chapman will throw the final pitch of the 2016 MLB season, and the Cubs will win their first World Series in 108 years.

I don't have the ability to bet futures, but any sum of money you have lying around that you cannot immediately spend should be bet on the Cubs to win the World Series.

I'm not exactly going out on a limb here, but it's just a fact that needs to be stated. Anyone who has a gripe with me is more than welcome to bump this in October if I'm wrong, which I am not.

mikefan1034
    mikefan1034's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

Stf^ only a fool would take ur advice

gk51
    gk51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6804

I have a few aches and pains, where can I get those drugs you are taking.

"they are the greatest team in MLB history" I can't stop laughing after that quote.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

this is like KD joining golden state.. usually this fails but we'll see how it plays out

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Baseball is fickle and unpredictable in the postseason.

Best team doesn't always win.

Team getting hot at the right time does.

Virtually impossible to identify the Cubs as any sort of "sure thing" or "lock."

Getting Chapman doesn't change the fact that they don't have enough contact hitters in their lineup, which makes them even more vulnerable and volatile in October.

jay89
    jay89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 409

The cubs have the 28th worst ERA in July. Ride the hot teams into October, unless their overall pitching turns around, Aroldis Chapman will not pitch meaningful outs. My money is on the Jays, a team that can not only pitch, but hit.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    this is like KD joining golden state.. usually this fails but we'll see how it plays out
    and i mean for the cubs and golden state..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    Prior to the addition of Aroldis Chapman, the Cubs were the greatest team in the MLB by a large margin. With Chapman, they are the greatest team in MLB history. There is no argument.
    BTW, these statements are asinine.

chargers4222

Joe Maddon is playing chess while every other manager is playing tic-tac-toe. this is the biggest disparity between one team and the rest of the league since the dead ball era. for those who disagree, please tell me who is in the same stratosphere as the Cubs, let alone better?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Joe Maddon is playing chess while every other manager is playing tic-tac-toe. this is the biggest disparity between one team and the rest of the league since the dead ball era. for those who disagree, please tell me who is in the same stratosphere as the Cubs, let alone better?
    Maddon is a brilliant manager, without question.

And the Cubs are arguably the best overall team in baseball, though that can be debated on record alone at this point.

The best team ever? Come on.

JayDr3am
    Handi

lets wait till after the WS to have this conversation.. it'll be more fitting.. still alot of basbeball left..

chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11152

If you believe in your heart that any other team in the MLB has a remote sliver of a chance to win the World Series in 2016, you need to find a new hobby. Gambling isn't for you, at least when it comes to baseball. You may be able to eek by on a few lucky individual game bets, but you do not understand how baseball works.

Prior to the addition of Aroldis Chapman, the Cubs were the greatest team in the MLB by a large margin. With Chapman, they are the greatest team in MLB history. There is no argument. Aroldis Chapman will throw the final pitch of the 2016 MLB season, and the Cubs will win their first World Series in 108 years.

I don't have the ability to bet futures, but any sum of money you have lying around that you cannot immediately spend should be bet on the Cubs to win the World Series.

I'm not exactly going out on a limb here, but it's just a fact that needs to be stated. Anyone who has a gripe with me is more than welcome to bump this in October if I'm wrong, which I am not.
    cubs have losing record against 6 teams in the NL and all but 2 teams have at least 2 wins against the cubs

cubs 24-7 against cin, Phil and Pitt

35-32 against everyone else

19 wins against 2 teams cin and Pitt 10w & 9 w. They haven't beaten anyone else more than 5x

super team or hot start with soft early schedule...how's their last 6-8 weeks gone? Their win pct dropped from 72% to barely 60% .602 win pct
    72% was not sustainable but Cubs are no lock by any stretch of imagination

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

This must be a thread for attention because this is absolutely ignorant. I quit reading after the bold. Stupid

iKushtyy
    iKushtyy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1134

Surer champion in pro sports history?? '85 Bears.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

Funny.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

There are at least 5 closer better than chapman, dont be fooled by 105 mph fastball.

VegasPlayer
    VegasPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

Chances are Cubs will mush it. Real question is who will shoulder the blame this year? I believe they've already blamed a cat, a goat, and a fan(Bartman) already.

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    cubs have losing record against 6 teams in the NL and all but 2 teams have at least 2 wins against the cubs

cubs 24-7 against cin, Phil and Pitt

35-32 against everyone else

19 wins against 2 teams cin and Pitt 10w & 9 w. They haven't beaten anyone else more than 5x

super team or hot start with soft early schedule...how's their last 6-8 weeks gone? Their win pct dropped from 72% to barely 60% .602 win pct
    72% was not sustainable but Cubs are no lock by any stretch of imagination
    this is a perfect encapsulation of why people lose betting on sports. you can't just look at each game result as if they're weighted equally. pro sports teams (especially one coached/managed by a guy like Maddon) don't feel the need to try their hardest when they're up 7.5 games in the standings. why would they?

they were going all out in the first few months of the season to build this lead in the standings and we all saw what happened there. now they can rest guys, try different lineups, change up the rotation...it's all a build up for the playoffs. if you're betting Team A because they're better than Team B in a random regular season game, you're going to lose.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by cala56 View Post
    There are at least 5 closer better than chapman, dont be fooled by 105 mph fastball.
    But Chapman carries a gun with him. LOL.

chaka

this is a perfect encapsulation of why people lose betting on sports. you can't just look at each game result as if they're weighted equally. pro sports teams (especially one coached/managed by a guy like Maddon) don't feel the need to try their hardest when they're up 7.5 games in the standings. why would they?

they were going all out in the first few months of the season to build this lead in the standings and we all saw what happened there. now they can rest guys, try different lineups, change up the rotation...it's all a build up for the playoffs. if you're betting Team A because they're better than Team B in a random regular season game, you're going to lose.
    you keep telling yourself that..why wouldn't they try to beat stl and open up a 10 game lead instead of going 6-15 going into all star break
    heck why not go for 70-11 and have an enormous 25 games lead oh yeah because its not realistic

every team rests players....7 games leads is just one bad week for the leader and hot week for the 2nd place team away from being gone especially if they're head to head

people losing money are the ones laying -300 on a public team "due" to win again...seeing a 59-39 team playing a 33-66 and thinking they should kill them..when the reality is the losing team over the past 30 days has been playing much better than they did early in the season

this is where the value is found

madden rests one guy so the rest of the team stops hitting?? really?
    how about the pitchers couldn't find the strike zone unless you think arietta and lester were not tryin to win
    defense was making errors early and they got behind

speaking of value there is none IMO betting the cubs now to win it all at +375

chargers4222

you keep telling yourself that..why wouldn't they try to beat stl and open up a 10 game lead instead of going 6-15 going into all star break
    heck why not go for 70-11 and have an enormous 25 games lead oh yeah because its not realistic

every team rests players....7 games leads is just one bad week for the leader and hot week for the 2nd place team away from being gone especially if they're head to head

people losing money are the ones laying -300 on a public team "due" to win again...seeing a 59-39 team playing a 33-66 and thinking they should kill them..when the reality is the losing team over the past 30 days has been playing much better than they did early in the season

this is where the value is found

madden rests one guy so the rest of the team stops hitting?? really?
    how about the pitchers couldn't find the strike zone unless you think arietta and lester were not tryin to win
    defense was making errors early and they got behind

speaking of value there is none IMO betting the cubs now to win it all at +375
    "value" lol. ok bud

intermission
    intermission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7120

I doubt Cubs can win...too many young players that like to swing away and make too many mistakes. I wouldn't be surprise if the Cubs lose the World Series because biaz try to steal a third base or Rizzo swing at every low inside ball or some dumb error

mohye1980
    mohye1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4790

So the Cubs will win every remaining game? Best team ever in history? Lol

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by mohye1980 View Post
    So the Cubs will win every remaining game? Best team ever in history? Lol
    you literally didn't read one word of this thread after the first post, huh?

mohye1980

you literally didn't read one word of this thread after the first post, huh?
    All I read was your best team in mlb history comment. Did that change? If not you're still mildly retarded.

chargers4222

All I read was your best team in mlb history comment. Did that change? If not you're still mildly retarded.
    tell me oh baseball historian, what team in MLB history is better than the 2016 Cubs? you clearly believe that going undefeated is the only gauge of a great team so i guess no one meets your criteria

mohye1980

tell me oh baseball historian, what team in MLB history is better than the 2016 Cubs? you clearly believe that going undefeated is the only gauge of a great team so i guess no one meets your criteria

Calling a team the best ever in mlb history before they win anything? You are a joke.

chargers4222

Calling a team the best ever in mlb history before they win anything? You are a joke.
    good thing we only have to wait about 3 months to see!

mohye1980

good thing we only have to wait about 3 months to see!

We we will be in the same place we are today. Cubs without a World Series ring. History repeats itself and this year will be no different then the last 100+

chaka

"value" lol. ok bud
    yep
    just going back to mid june playing against the cubs piad these winners

+174 phills
    +184 atl
    wash -150
    st l + 141, +129, +228
    mia +156,+170,-150
    nym +125, -117 +201

cub opponents 13-11 + 8 units cubs 11-13 -20 units

soo what where saying about value?? its not with the cubs ML

mohye1980

yep
    just going back to mid june playing against the cubs piad these winners

+174 phills
    +184 atl
    wash -150
    st l + 141, +129, +228
    mia +156,+170,-150
    nym +125, -117 +201

cub opponents 13-11 + 8 units cubs 11-13 -20 units

soo what where saying about value?? its not with the cubs ML
    chargers has no clue. Obviously he made a huge homer post here. He will retract his retarded comments. Nothing to see here carry on.

chargers4222

chargers has no clue. Obviously he made a huge homer post here. He will retract his retarded comments. Nothing to see here carry on.
    yes, obviously i am a gigantic Cubs homer considering I am from San Diego. as everybody knows, this area is absolutely loaded with Cubs diehards and I am just another pawn in their fandom.

i honestly can't even respond to the guy talking about value. i'm talking about the Cubs winning the World Series and he's talking about how they lost to the Phillies in mid-June. the Broncos lost to the Raiders, they sucked too right? tons of value on the Raiders bro, they're clearly a better team than the Broncos.

some of you people are truly godawful and I don't feel bad at all when you continue to lose all of your money.

JayDr3am
    Handi

baseball is different.. its so situational and who ever is hot. the best team in the league wont even make it to the WS sometimes.. so its hard to even engage in this when its only half way through the season lol

chaka

yes, obviously i am a gigantic Cubs homer considering I am from San Diego. as everybody knows, this area is absolutely loaded with Cubs diehards and I am just another pawn in their fandom.

i honestly can't even respond to the guy talking about value. i'm talking about the Cubs winning the World Series and he's talking about how they lost to the Phillies in mid-June. the Broncos lost to the Raiders, they sucked too right? tons of value on the Raiders bro, they're clearly a better team than the Broncos.

some of you people are truly godawful and I don't feel bad at all when you continue to lose all of your money.
    You are the thickhead who doesnt understand let me dumb it down for you

A coin flip is 50/50 but if you want to lay -150 be my guest... I dont give a shit if you hit 10 heads in a row betting heads
    its a stupid bet and so is getting less than 4:1 on the cubs but you cant understand this because you Are such a homer you will take any odds

You look pretty stupid telling us about losing money when you dont understand value

chaka

Best team ever (win pct) is the cubs just not 2016 version. 1906
    Cubs lost only 36 times -but lost world series

98 yankees
    Went 114-48 and won the world series so they are likely greatest team ever

12 Last