Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

3 pitchers i love but i def cant call them sleepers are deGrom of the Mets,
    Cobb of the Rays, and Arrieta of the Cubs.

Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Bear,
    Here's a couple of important points - You can get an advantage by knowing each teams top prospects, and then when they get called up check out their recent numbers, you might make a great pickup. You have to be right on top, and move very quickly when dropping cold players and adding hot ones. Understand the point rules thoroughly and then focus on points you can maximize and don't waste effort on points that will be minimal. There is a learning curve - all of the little things to get the slight advantages are important - so expect that it will take you about half a season to get up to speed. Keep a spreadsheet on players with your own info.

I did pretty good at fantasy (I call it 'fantasy' because any fantasy sport besides baseball is bullsh!t) but I had to quit because it consumed my entire waking life.

BOL

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    also there are probably some dudes on the Twins worth considering since it is a spacious ball park and hitters hate hitting in cold weather.
    I was surprised to see where Target Field ranked on the Park Factor list...

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i don't know man i am pretty sharp when it comes to MLB. I could name every projected starting 9 and every 5 man starting rotation without looking it up. I feel like i know some guys who are undervalued.

Looking at some of these mock drafts and drafts that have already taken place in 2015 i think i could do much better.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

by the end of the MLB season you will be tailing my plays brah.

Going to prove to all you fukkin haters i'm sharp with my season long MLB thread.

I know i have abandoned the previous threads (due to parlays and $1,000 bets) but i will return with a new thread with 1 play per day and i will use strict money management and do no more than 1 parlay per week.

stay tuned. I have no doubt in my mind i will make money in MLB this season.

2daBank

if the mfer from back to the future gave me the almanac with all the scores i wouldnt tail that shit if i thought it was wrong. you in no danger of me ever tailing one of your plays, i promise..

1 play per day makes zero sense but whatever floats your boat...no clue why anyone would put any sort of predetermined number out there as a baseline of how many plays a day? some days there a lot of good plays, some days there really not, why limit yourself to some arbitrary number you decide on? surely that aint the best way to go about winning, some days you be trying to pick one out of what is several plays worth making, then other days you be taking a play from a crappy selection just to hit your quota. doesnt make sense to me, especially when you consider that it not like i know the winner of each gm i bet, i feel that betting that particular game at that price will make me come out ahead but who knows about that individual gm really?

are you flat betting your 1 game a day or are you gonna chase after losses? either way it not like im rooting for ya to lose. i hope you go 162-0! not as much as i hope one day ill never read someone calling me "brah" again. GL

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

i don't know man i am pretty sharp when it comes to MLB. I could name every projected starting 9 and every 5 man starting rotation without looking it up. I feel like i know some guys who are undervalued.

Looking at some of these mock drafts and drafts that have already taken place in 2015 i think i could do much better.

You also think the Rockies are going to the world series. Lol

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

What is your favorite fantasy baseball magazine?

and What league do you play in?

i am thinking about doing it. I just need to get my owns the rulebook need to know how its scored and how many players to draft per position.

High staker who reads gas station magazines, you can't make this shit up

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Better check for transaction fees. If there are any, you will need to spend a bunch to really compete. I would recommend you find a local group and play in a league with no transaction fees. Plus these leagues (online sites) usually have a high rake and the players are not amateurs.

I'm in a group that the commish runs 6 or so leagues on ESPN's free software. Buy in small ($100), but the competition is pretty good. I would recommend you a league from there, but I think he just finalized all the leagues. Plus you may think $100 is small time.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    You also think the Rockies are going to the world series. Lol
    i didnt say that. I said its possible and i like the odds. Its all a matter of staying healthy for the Rockies they had a crazy amount of players on the DL last year.

They can hit as good as any team in baseball. Its all going to come down to can they pitch?

Chacin
    De La Rosa
    Lyles
    Maztek

all have talent.

Kyle Kendrick is probably just a stop gap until Gray is ready to be called up.

2daBank

i didnt say that. I said its possible and i like the odds. Its all a matter of staying healthy for the Rockies they had a crazy amount of players on the DL last year.

They can hit as good as any team in baseball. Its all going to come down to can they pitch?

Chacin
    De La Rosa
    Lyles
    Maztek

all have talent.

Kyle Kendrick is probably just a stop gap until Gray is ready to be called up.
    that who i used in mlb the show last year until all the injuries. i rake with that team for real.. problem here is i can pitch on the video gm with any pitcher (cept de la rosa cause his motion all jacked up and i cant locate), and these dudes pretty much any old pitcher

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    I was surprised to see where Target Field ranked on the Park Factor list...
    I dont think that means a lot other than Minnesota had horrible pitching last year.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    I dont think that means a lot other than Minnesota had horrible pitching last year.
    Yea...Oakland, Minnesota, Miami are regarded as pitchers parks yet all of them are in the top 12.

Great American Park is a launching pad and is 18th.

First 12