JBasketballjr
    JBasketballjr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Wednesday Winners MLB!

A’s @ Astros
    Recommendation: A’s -144
    The A’s proved once again that they’re the best team inbaseball by rallying to get a come for behind victory last night. We’ll lookfor them to cruise to another victory here behind Jason Hammel. Hammel pitched exceptionallywell for the Cubs before coming to Oakland. He has struggled upon his arrival,but has a great chance to get back on track against the lowly Astros, who havelost 6 of 7. Hammel has had great success against Houston in the past. In fact,he’s had the most success of his career against Houston, going 2-1 with a 1.57ERA. Hammel by no means has pitched his best baseball since being acquired bythe A’s, but has also not received much run support. This is the perfectsituation for him to settle down and pick up his first win as a member of thegreen and yellow.
    Facing Dallas Keuchel shouldn’t be much of a problem, as hewas 1-3 with a 6.07 ERA in his last 5 starts prior to his last one. Keuchel’sfatigue is becoming very apparent as we enter the 2nd half and hedoesn’t have anywhere near to velocity to be able to just rear back and throw.He has below average speed and counts on mixing up his pitches and hitting hisspots for success. His mechanics have been off due do a lingering wrist injury thatis effecting his command. When he’s missing over the heart of the plate it’sbasically batting practice as his aforementioned velocity is way down. That’snot good news for an A’s squad that will absolutely rake any mistakes. It’s worthlaying the chalk and taking an A’s squad that just continues to put up W’s.Take the A’s.

covertops
    covertops's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1426

I took the run line....if the As cant win by more than 1 run I dont want any money

JBasketballjr
    JBasketballjr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Smart bet ct! GL.

ByAnYMe9n$
    ByAnYMe9n$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 803

I've backed Hammel in 3 of his outings all Lost this is the one game he has to win or Milone maybe called up to take his place !!

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

This Hamels may be the last guy I'd back on A's.
    He has done nothing for me lately.

ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5106

I would not take the run line with hammels

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    This Hamels may be the last guy I'd back on A's.
    He has done nothing for me lately.
    Over 8 is the play.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Over 8 is the play.
    Maybe so.
    All I know is it doesn't make my top 7 list of good Unders.

Blackballer
    Blackballer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 575

I didn't like Hammel when he was with the Cubs. I get the impression that some folks out there see that he got traded in a package with Samardzija and now of a sudden he is a good pitcher?? No way! Even when the A's win by a large margin I don't want to take a side with him pitching. I would rather look on total's market. Opening line on the total was 8.5 and now dropped to 8. I read in previews that Hammel has pitched well vs Houston, he has a low ERA of 1.57 and is 2-1 in fours starts vs them. Dallas Keuchel season ERA is at 3.11 so I can see why it may dropped to 8. First thought here was over but now I have to look more into this one, especially now with the total at 8.