RMStanley
    RMStanley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Seems pretty clear Tanaka will be brilliant...

… and worth the money. Dude got off to as bad a start as you can and since then he's settled down and shut down a top 6 lineup in front of a rowdy opposing crowd and despite a few bad breaks.

I cannot wait to play a -190 with Tanaka in 6 days.

ETA: after as poor a start you can imagine the Yankees pretty clearly have a top 5 rotation in baseball and (assuming they hang on) will be tied for first place in the AL East.

They also have a very versatile lineup in regards to fielding options and lineup options. I think the Yanks are as likely as any team to win the AL this season.

Tanaka, Nova, Sabathia, Kuroda, Pineda, Hughes = easily top 5 rotation. Maybe top 3.
    Last edited by RMStanley; 04-04-14 at 09:11 PM.

Emancipator
    Emancipator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 996

Quote Originally Posted by RMStanley View Post
    … and worth the money. Dude got off to as bad a start as you can and since then he's settled down and shut down a top 6 lineup in front of a rowdy opposing crowd and despite a few bad breaks.

I cannot wait to play a -190 with Tanaka in 6 days.

ETA: after as poor a start you can imagine the Yankees pretty clearly have a top 5 rotation in baseball and (assuming they hang on) will be tied for first place in the AL East.

They also have a very versatile lineup in regards to fielding options and lineup options. I think the Yanks are as likely as any team to win the AL this season.

Tanaka, Nova, Sabathia, Kuroda, Pineda, Hughes = easily top 5 rotation. Maybe top 3.
    Hughes is in Minnesota, not sure about Sabbathia though.

RMStanley
    RMStanley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Phelps. My bad. I always got them confused. He didn't win the 5th spot anyway but he's a viable fill in or long relief guy if somebody (Sabathia) gets rocked.

ReconSnarff
    ReconSnarff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2259

Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator View Post
    Hughes is in Minnesota, not sure about Sabbathia though.
    Yeah, Sabbathia's fast ball is averaging a blistering 89 mph. I don't think he is a top 3 guy in the rotation unless he can get his velocity up.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Its all gonna come down to the old guys... Beltran and Soriano and Roberts... the Yankees have ZERO depth

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's got a nasty slider for sure. Should do well in the majors