BeatingBaseball
    It's all about the price
    BeatingBaseball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

Tigers - Boston Gm 1

Love the BoSox in this game and in this series.

Overall Boston is my fav to win it all - and I believe Oakland would have given them a better series than will Detroit.

Despite the greatness of Scherzer and Verlander - I see Boston as the better balanced club here and the team best built to win in October.

If one bet the Tigers every game all year you dropped about 11 Units whereas if you played Boston all year you picked up about 17.

Although these were the top two scoring clubs this year the Red Sox were far more consistent in their scoring. The Tigers were shut out 12 times this year. To put that in perspective - the lowly Houston Astros were shut out 13 times.

The Red Sox are an above average defensive club whereas I see the Tigers shaky at the infield corners and if Leyland chooses to go with Peralta in LF it could be a risky adventure - esp at Fenway.

The Red Sox have better role players and have a lot more bench options for matchups.

As much as I've liked Jimmy Leyland over the years I really think John Farrell gets the nod in the managerial matchup here.

For the series - Boston is a better road club - Detroit was a winning road team but not by much - only 3 over.

As to tonight -

Detroit was 3-11 L 14 at Fenway - Boston W 5 of their L6 at home - and Boston took 2 of 3 from the Tigers in Fenway in Sept

Sanchez was great this year but has lost his L3 and never saw the 6th in any of them. He's a 5 pitch guy but mostly FB - SL.

Lester is Lester - 3 different FBs - 2 seamer, 4 seamer and cutter - works the LHers away with FBs and his curve - works the RHers hard inside and soft changes away - may sound like a dangerous way to go about Cabrera but Lester is great at it - only gave up 6 jacks at Fenway all year - plus Cabrera is not 100% - and if Lester can keep Jackson and Hunter off base he may be able to pitch around Miggy. You can trust Lester to not make the Sonny Gray mistake pitch.

Boston pen also gets the nod as well over Benoit, Veras Smyly and Co. Uehara is money. Tazawa is solid. Neither team of course has anyone good to pitch the 6th or 7th if necessary (just like every other club)..

Boston Series Play - 3 Units
    Boston Game 1 - 2 Units
    Boston Run Line Game 1 - 1 Unit..

Last edited by BeatingBaseball; 10-12-13 at 07:53 PM. Reason: typos

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

maybe now they get some hits off alburquerque

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice write-up, hopefully the Red Sox can deliver here for you.

JayMoney24_7
    JayMoney24_7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1266

Come on Boston!!!

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Boston playing like shit tonight.

Hockey > baseball.

You get relatively the same juice and you don't have to watch a team play a whole game and not get ONE FUKKING HIT.

JayMoney24_7
    JayMoney24_7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1266

Nava is our last hope..

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

God baseball is boring.... The sport I'm the least a fan of is MLB but it seems to be the easiest to win money betting on so I find myself watching..... yuck!

Last night's Dodger/Cardinal 13 inning grinder and now this crapper tonight. I need to just bet and stop watching.

BeatingBaseball
    It's all about the price
    BeatingBaseball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

Ugly game for Boston last night. Embarrassingly bad. Despite their facing Scherzer, I'm on them again tonight. 2 Units game. 2 Units RL. And pressing the Series Play 1 Unit. At least we don't have to deal with Joe West behind the plate.