CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Detroit futures odds vs Oakland futures odds, what am I missing?

Detroit leads the AL Central by 1.5 games over Cleveland, KC in third 8 games back

Oakland leads the AL West by 2 games over Texas, Angels in third, 11 games back

at Pinny right now:

Will the Tigers win the AL Central Division?
    1326 Yes -498
    1327 No +409

Will the A's win the AL West Division?
    1601 Yes -124
    1602 No +110

I haven't checked the schedules, so maybe Detroit has a super easy second half schedule, and Cleveland has a super hard second half schedule, that could be the answer here

but does that Detroit line seem way off??

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

At -500 whats the point of placing something that wont settle for 10 weeks? Unless you want to unload for $10g its good but why pay -500 on something that wont settle until october?

If you wondering why its so high its because their projections have them doing the same if not better in the second half. Plus do you really think the Indians and Royals can match Detroit down the stretch? It's pretty much a sure thing, thats why it returns only -500

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by OhMyEli View Post
    At -500 whats the point of placing something that wont settle for 10 weeks? Unless you want to unload for $10g its good but why pay -500 on something that wont settle until october?
    well, for big credit players that's not an issue since they aren't tying up any money, but i'm more just asking from an odds perspective, I'm not planning on betting either