captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10752

Over 9 Frustrating loss

I swear these are the worst losses . Had the Over at 9. You would think Rockies can score 1 penetrating run at home to have gotten a Push at least.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
    LAD 0 2 2 1 0 0 1 1 1
    COL 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

I saw u pretty pissed off at kemp over on the espn message board. Was wondering if its the same captrobey lol

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

I know what u mean though.

INTERNET / -1 Ticket #: 69487729
    Jul 02 08:40 PM
    Jul 02 08:40 PM

MLB
    MLB
    PARLAY (2 TEAMS)
    [911] TOTAL o9-105 (LA DODGERS vrs COL ROCKIES)
    ( C KERSHAW -L / R OSWALT -R )
    [911] LA DODGERS -1½+115
    ( C KERSHAW -L / R OSWALT -R )

50 / 159

LOSE
    LOSE
    WIN
    07/02/2013 08:28 PM

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Fring View Post
    I saw u pretty pissed off at kemp over on the espn message board. Was wondering if its the same captrobey lol
    Yea lol that was me was venting. Cannot really complain about LA Too much they did their Part. But Kemp had a few chances all i needed was a single . But when you see Rockies at Home not score a damn run that is the really frustrating thing. The other frustrating type of game is where you need 9 runs they score 8 first 2 innings and nothing rest of way. Do not know which is worse.

captrobey

You know what else is funny-do not know if this is the reason but Umps have been horrible calling obvious Balls as strikes which effects games making Unders hit more because batters swing at balls a foot outside the strike zone afraid it will be called a strike anyway. They just fired a Major League Ump who failed a drug test. You know i can see this because some of these calls are so bad that maybe they are calling them because they are freaking high or something.

kcava
    kcava's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    Yea lol that was me was venting. Cannot really complain about LA Too much they did their Part. But Kemp had a few chances all i needed was a single . But when you see Rockies at Home not score a damn run that is the really frustrating thing. The other frustrating type of game is where you need 9 runs they score 8 first 2 innings and nothing rest of way. Do not know which is worse.
    I think the latter is worse. Because even though you tell yourself it's not money in the bank, you can't imagine it's not at that point.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by kcava View Post
    I think the latter is worse. Because even though you tell yourself it's not money in the bank, you can't imagine it's not at that point.
    Yea you are right when i think about it. When teams score quickly say in the first 3 innings where you need maybe 1 or 2 more to win and they do not score anything the rest of game you just scratch your head wondering how they get shut out like that after coming out that hot. I do think Umps have a contributing factor in screwing up Overs because more and more i see pitches WAY outside that are called Strikes and they happen at the worst possible time killing rallys and scoring chances. They rarely go the other way where it is a clear strike and they call it a Ball. How many times do you have a guy on 1st and 2nd no outs a 3-2 count and the call is a strike on a Ball a foot outside.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

That's why overs can be the most frustrating thing, because when a team is up 6+ runs in a blowout it seems like these guys just start swinging away to end the game and go home quicker

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    That's why overs can be the most frustrating thing, because when a team is up 6+ runs in a blowout it seems like these guys just start swinging away to end the game and go home quicker
    Yea true- you would think a team scoring 8 runs would be a done deal with the Over at 9 but this crap seems to always happen. But there was a point in the game where they had guys on base looked like something may happen offensively -then the Ump would start with the Strike 3 on a pitch way outside. He did that with puig batting in the 4th with Uribe on 2nd and that ended up being S3 . That pissed me off because that should have run the count full and took away a swing from the hottest hitter. I do not mind if he swings and misses at a good pitch but that was nowhere near the Strike zone. Almost never do i see a pitch that is in the Strike zone called a Ball.