frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Saints -1 at Panthers trap play of the week

Who wouldn't hit the Saints, only a 1 point favorite, are you kidding me! Every Joe Blow on SBR will hammer the Saints. The is not the same team from last, they are basically playing with a rookie Head coach making rookie decisions. Cam had a bad game last week, but I don't see how he won't be able to replicate what RG3 last week since both players has the same skill set. The Saints are not that good, and that line proves it.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Linesmakers don't set traps. Gamblers set traps in their own minds. Line is fair. Will be a close game.
    Points Awarded:

thetrinity gave Goat Milk 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

no such thing as a trap in gambling

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

5D has Car+2.5 even money/buy up to 3 lay -125. Should be a close high scoring game. Will take the points.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

hopefully this goes to 3.5

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

The -1 (juiced) is -2.5, the line was -2.5 before week 1 ever happened.

Line is fair and spot on.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    hopefully this goes to 3.5
    If you have Pinnacle and a really quick trigger, +5(-104) was available for 1 minute.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

nah i'm from the states with no agent.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

The Patriots and Saints were -1 last season and won. They were the parlay of the week.
    Gamblers were fooled by the loss the week before.

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

i agree anyone in their right mind should not take the panthers...but they are baiting you to take the minus one

Ch Br
    Ch Br's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

BAITING on -1???

ahahahah just like the New England TRAP last week? [btw whose defense is GREATLY improved, and stay tuned if you dont believe it]

why do so many bettors OVER ANALYZE everything.... a proven winning team, with a high output offense can have bad days... thats dont mean they are in a downward spiral after ONE LOSS....

sometimes you ppl are wayyy too much and ACTUALLY BELIEVE EVERYTHING THE MEDIA WRITES.... its pretty fukkin comedy if you ask me

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Ch Br View Post
    BAITING on -1???

ahahahah just like the New England TRAP last week? [btw whose defense is GREATLY improved, and stay tuned if you dont believe it]

why do so many bettors OVER ANALYZE everything.... a proven winning team, with a high output offense can have bad days... thats dont mean they are in a downward spiral after ONE LOSS....

sometimes you ppl are wayyy too much and ACTUALLY BELIEVE EVERYTHING THE MEDIA WRITES.... its pretty fukkin comedy if you ask me
    RG3 put up 40 on that NO D in the Dome. No Sean Payton. Newton on the bounty list. Car motivated because NO ran up the score in last game 2011. Car at home. With a rookie QB they lost 30-27 last year to NO at home. Car getting 2-3 points. Car is the play.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5045

Last 2 years Saints are 7-0 after a loss.

Sometimes the oddsmakers present us with a gift.

Saints -1 is a gift....POUND IT!

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Saints win this by 10

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

public perception is that carolina lost to tampa and played like crap. saints will not lose two games in a row especially to a crappy carolina...

well the saints aren't the same team as last year. their offense is still pretty potent but brees doesn't run their d. how can you trust a defense that made a rookie quarterback look like a hall of famer?

are you telling me rg3 is equal to or better than cam newton?

it's gotta be carolina or pass depending on the number.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    public perception is that carolina lost to tampa and played like crap. saints will not lose two games in a row especially to a crappy carolina...

well the saints aren't the same team as last year. their offense is still pretty potent but brees doesn't run their d. how can you trust a defense that made a rookie quarterback look like a hall of famer?

are you telling me rg3 is equal to or better than cam newton?

it's gotta be carolina or pass depending on the number.
    Good points. Throw that TB game out. Car destroyed TB twice last year and with a new coach/revamped TB D, that was a tough spot on the road for Car. Believe the NO/Wash outcome is more of a concern for NO backers. Sure Brees might be in a zone come Sunday, so playing the over as a hedge.

blowseq
    Status? What status?
    blowseq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Line is just fine..

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Bad news for Carolina, Jabari Greer the pro bowl cornerback on the Saints is returning to the line-up sunday.

When healthy he is one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL.. However he may still have some groin pain and may not be as fast.

The matchup between Greer and Smith will be one to watch. Besides Steve Smith the Panthers don't have any good wide receivers. Maybe Brandon Lafell will surprise people but he has been underachieving for a guy that played at LSU

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I am leaning towards Saints here

Newton might be a 7-9, 8-8 type qb

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I am leaning towards Saints here

Newton might be a 7-9, 8-8 type qb
    And NO might have a 8-8/9-7 kind of D.

Ch Br
    Ch Br's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    RG3 put up 40 on that NO D in the Dome. No Sean Payton. Newton on the bounty list. Car motivated because NO ran up the score in last game 2011. Car at home. With a rookie QB they lost 30-27 last year to NO at home. Car getting 2-3 points. Car is the play.

You approach this game from one side only....You glorify an unknown RG3 basiclaly had one pass to Garcon that tallied 1/3 of his stats....

NO had 2 int and a fumble and STILL almost came back... Wash managed the ball well...yes

and FYI Sean PAyton doesnt suit up and play on the field. But to discount a guy whos a proven student of the game and winner over the course of the last 6 years is just falt out dumb....

Do you honestly think that brees will have that 46% completion percentage again?

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Ch Br View Post
    You approach this game from one side only....You glorify an unknown RG3 basiclaly had one pass to Garcon that tallied 1/3 of his stats....

NO had 2 int and a fumble and STILL almost came back... Wash managed the ball well...yes

and FYI Sean PAyton doesnt suit up and play on the field. But to discount a guy whos a proven student of the game and winner over the course of the last 6 years is just falt out dumb....

Do you honestly think that brees will have that 46% completion percentage again?
    Yeah, Brees is a better QB than Newton, of course. He may be in a zone and hang 40 on Car. But to say because a coach does not suit up he's has little influence is foolish. NO has a target on their backs this year. All I am saying is Car lost 30-27 last year to NO at home with a rookie QB. And the NO loss to Wash at home is more of a concern than the Car loss to TB on the road imo. Just stating an opinion, not saying it's a lock. Taking the points.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Well I will say this .... The Saints are usually unbeatable at home and they
    got their ass stomped hard by a team that will probably finish 6-10.

The Panthers are a very talented up and coming team with that lights
    up the scoreboard at home. And for some reason Drew Brees is just average
    when he plays outdoors

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

By the way the Panthers are out for revenge since the Saints put a bounty on
    Cam Newton... I hate to see anyone get hurt but I wouldn't be surprised to
    see the Panthers take some cheap shots at easy breezy

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

The books and public are overvaluing the Panthers here, as most sports analysts thought Carolina would take a step forward this year. My question is why? Yes, Cam Newton is good, but he's no Drew Brees. All Carolina has is the one-trick duo of Newton and Smith. They got shut down last week by an average Tampa Bay team. Their defence is still horrible, worse than NO's. They can't run the ball either.

The Redskins on the other hand are a much improved and well balanced team, and they have one of the smartest and most aggressive coaches in the game. Defensively they are better than the Bucc's, and a rusty NO offense still put 32 points on the board despite taking tons of penalties and the first half to start clicking. If it weren't for that last INT NO probably would have won that game despite all the adversity.

It's a rare sight to see Drew Brees pissed off after a game, but he was angry with himself and his team following the loss to Washington. He proclaimed that they didn't do their jobs, and that they have to be better - and will be better. My thoughts are that they will do better against Carolina.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    The books and public are overvaluing the Panthers here, as most sports analysts thought Carolina would take a step forward this year. My question is why? Yes, Cam Newton is good, but he's no Drew Brees. All Carolina has is the one-trick duo of Newton and Smith. They got shut down last week by an average Tampa Bay team. Their defence is still horrible, worse than NO's. They can't run the ball either.

The Redskins on the other hand are a much improved and well balanced team, and they have one of the smartest and most aggressive coaches in the game. Defensively they are better than the Bucc's, and a rusty NO offense still put 32 points on the board despite taking tons of penalties and the first half to start clicking. If it weren't for that last INT NO probably would have won that game despite all the adversity.

It's a rare sight to see Drew Brees pissed off after a game, but he was angry with himself and his team following the loss to Washington. He proclaimed that they didn't do their jobs, and that they have to be better - and will be better. My thoughts are that they will do better against Carolina.
    Carolina was the 3rd best rushing team in the NFL last year at about 150YPG. They have 2 good backs and Newton. Bad effort last week against an improved and motivated TB D. As for their defense they also have Beason/Davis back from injury and added a #1 draft pick on D. See a high scoring game.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Carolina was the 3rd best rushing team in the NFL last year at about 150YPG. They have 2 good backs and Newton. Bad effort last week against an improved and motivated TB D. As for their defense they also have Beason/Davis back from injury and added a #1 draft pick on D. See a high scoring game.
    Disagree about Carolina's rushing backs, but agree that this should be a high scoring game. You have to give the Saints the nod in a shootout - that is what this team is all about. They will be prepared and eager to make a statement after underestimating Washington.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

layin chalk on the road is never fun. Also fading a home team after a loss is never fun.
    The Saints miss Sean Payton, there's no doubt about it. Their offensive play calling is different so far. It was evident vs the Skins. But also, their personnel is slightly different. By the time the Saints realized that they had Darren Sproles on the team (which is a joke, that guy shouldn't be returning kick offs - he should be in the rotation more), the game was close to over, anyway. And also, Washington was on him with amazing coverage (didn't see which player was covering him, mostly, just noticed he was picked up straight away constantly - heluva job, really).

The Saints had the ball with chances to tie (albeit 8 points). The Skins flat out out-played NO, but NO had a chance. NO's D was pretty stout vs the run in the game, another observation.

What I saw out of Carolina? Cam Newton is a punk kid. Attacking Newton and attacking him with speed will shut him down and fast. He has that Jay Cutler thing of being able to be 'knocked' off his game (actually, he's super easy to take out of the game mentally vs Cutler). Carolina, too, had chances to win - but did nothing. To be fair, I think Tampa's D is turning the corner. They stuffed a shitburger down Carolina's throat. It was a crappy game for the Panthers, no doubt. Tampa looked good, and I was surprised it was as close as it was. I'd chalk it up to a really bad game for Carolina, but again, Newton is a pretty soft mentally. If it weren't for Carolina's D (which was pretty good), I figure it would've been a blowout.

I don't know, these Carolina/NO games are tough - good rivalry... Especially on grass. Brees is too good of a QB to lose 2 in a row. The line is close to where it should be, but I do think in a 'normal' world, the Saints should be favored by 2 1/2-3, but without Payton, this isn't a normal world. Sure it's another play the books are begging you to take (like the Bears last night, the Saints last week and the Giants last week, as well). Tough game to handicap - but I think when a book gives you low hanging fruit, you gotta take it. Not gonna go crazy on the game, but Saints is likely the better play.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

After the Tampa game I think Carolina realizes that Cam will never be a
    pocket passer like Tom Brady. Carolina will go back to letting Cam do what
    Cam does best and that's run like he stole a laptop.

Carolina was worried Cam would get hurt so they told him not to run so
    much but now they realize that is the only way they gonna win

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

New Orleans D-line is slow they can't stop a black QB

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    After the Tampa game I think Carolina realizes that Cam will never be a
    pocket passer like Tom Brady. Carolina will go back to letting Cam do what
    Cam does best and that's run like he stole a laptop.

Carolina was worried Cam would get hurt so they told him not to run so
    much but now they realize that is the only way they gonna win
    Didn't Newton throw for around 4000 yards last year? This guy can toss the rock. Thought he was overrated coming out of Auburn, but had a solid rookie season. Now it will be interesting to see if he progresses or not.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Yeah but he must run the ball to set up the pass. But also the o-line gotta block better

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I think the Saints cover here... but who knows? GL to all Saints backers

kosti
    kosti's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1624

My line on this was NO -2 before I saw the lines, so it seems spot on for me at least. Arguments for both sides, but I think more will bet NO with such a small number

12 Last