RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

ATTN: Brock Landers and Cubs Fans

Good article, cool story. Will this guy get an AB for the Cubs? I mean, not like it's gonna hurt...
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-17-14 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i like this quote at the bottom of the page

"Lots of Minor Leaguers never got their chance. I'd bet most would rather earn the chance rather than be given it thanks to some petition."

this kind of thing could only happen to a cubs player, one chance in the major leagues and you get hit by a pitch. they are cursed.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Just a Jewish man looking for multiple ways to get a paycheck or two

no way he gets put on a 40 man roster in the next few years
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Chicago-born filmmaker Matt Liston....i went to HS with him. good guy, but WAY off base with this bullshit

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

I played against adam in HS. Guys a class act. I would love to see him get another at bat. But i read an article,maybe same one, that brought up a good point. He will take away someone elses chance. They would have to get rid of someone of the 40 man roster to let him get one more atbat.
    Its cool what this Liston is doing but i dont think he realized all the ins and outs of roster rules.

He is in excellent shape tho. He runs a crossfit gym in branford, ct. But i think his chances of a comeback have long passed. Id rather see him work his way back than just take someone elses spot for a publicity stunt

BeerandBets
    BeerandBets's Avatar Become A Pro!

way too much chicago stuff ont his site

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyanks23 View Post
    I played against adam in HS. Guys a class act. I would love to see him get another at bat. But i read an article,maybe same one, that brought up a good point. He will take away someone elses chance. They would have to get rid of someone of the 40 man roster to let him get one more atbat.
    Its cool what this Liston is doing but i dont think he realized all the ins and outs of roster rules.

He is in excellent shape tho. He runs a crossfit gym in branford, ct. But i think his chances of a comeback have long passed. Id rather see him work his way back than just take someone elses spot for a publicity stunt
    where did you go to HS?? We went to Marian

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Brock..... Did you get the 20 percent reload bonus at hereitage today?

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    where did you go to HS?? We went to Marian
    No brock i played against adam greenberg not the guy who got this whole thing started. Adam played for Guilford High i played for east haven in CT

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    Brock..... Did you get the 20 percent reload bonus at hereitage today?
    LOL why would i have reloaded today??

i have 16+ dimes on account fella

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I remember a few years back there being a thread started here (Brock I think) stating that you could win a contest and play in a cubs game!!!!!!!! LOL

so yeah, I think the concept of how the 25 and 40 man roster eludes some people here...

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

found it!!!!

for only 7,500 bucks you can suit up and play in a REAL MLB game!!!!

lol
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-17-14 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

he fuckin blows dude...shouldn't have even been in the majors when he came up as it was only for an injury and after a bunch of warm days in florida....stinks

moonlight grahm

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Adam Greenberg to play Tuesday for Marlins
    By Associated Press | Tuesday, October 2, 2012 |
    MIAMI — Adam Greenberg is expected to make a pinch-hit appearance for the Miami Marlins on Tuesday.
    Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen had previously stated he was considering starting Greenberg in the outfield and batting leadoff for his one at-bat, but has since decided he will insert him in Tuesday’s game against the New York Mets at some point.
    "There’s a lot of stuff out there, I thought it was good idea to lead-off, but it is a little bigger deal than I thought," Guillen said before Monday’s game. "We’ll try to put him in the middle of the game to see that thing work."
    Greenberg has been in the national spotlight when the Marlins announced last week that they would sign the 31-year old to a one-day contract so he could receive one at-bat after getting hit in the head in his Major League debut seven years ago.
    Greenberg made his big league debut on July 9, 2005 with the Chicago Cubs and was hit in the head by a pitch thrown by Marlins lefty Valerio De Los Santos in his only plate appearance. Greenberg suffered from vertigo after the incident and strived to make it back to the big league level, but did not make it higher than the Double-A level in the minors.
    "I think it’s good for the kid," Guillen said. "We decided to do it and people have to respect that about what we’re going to do with the kid. I think it’s a positive. Obviously if we were in the penant race or this game means something, or if the Mets were in the pennant race or somebody was competing against the Mets in the penant race and we have to beat them, then it’s different. I dont think it’s going to kill anything to get the kid an at-bat."
    Mets manager Terry Collins supports the Marlins decision.
    "I think it’s a wonderful story," Collins said. "I know there’s some pros and cons about why does he get the one at-bat when a lot of other guys — well he did make it. He was good enough to get there at one time. Had he not got hit in the head who knows if he wouldn’t have been a star today. I think it’s a great story for this guy to come up with all that he’s been through to try to fight back, all of the things he’s had to endure, it’s going to be a great story. Unfortunately he’s going to have to face R.A. (Dickey)."
    The Mets will send Cy Young Award candidate R.A. Dickey (20-6, 2.69 ERA) to the mound Tuesday for his final campaign for the prestigous award. Collins doesn’t anticipate Dickey grooving a pitch across the plate for Greenberg to hit.
    "I dont think that’s part of the deal," Collins said. "I just think it’s about him saying hey I’ve worked so hard to get here the first time and to have it taken away from me in such a fast instant to get back in the batter’s box to say I’ve worked hard enough to get back here again."
    Guillen understands the controversial nature of the Marlins’ decision.
    "As a manager, as a person, it goes fifty-fifty," Guillen said. "Some people will say I’m the greatest man to let this kid do it, some people will say I’m an idiot to make that happen."
    Guillen believes his team will have mixed feelings about Greenberg, but does not anticipate any issues.
    "Hopefully the players out there don’t mind either," Guillen said. "I know one guy will say yes, another will say no, another will say we don’t care. I expect the team to treat this kid well, respect him, and enjoy the couple minutes he’ll be with us. We have good guys, I’m not worried about that."
    The "one at-bat" theme was constructed by filmmaker Matt Liston, a Cubs fan who received over 20,000 signatures for an online petition for Greenberg to receive one at-bat. Since Greenberg was hit by a pitch in his only plate appearance, it does not count as an official Major League at-bat.
    Guillen wants Greenberg to go up there swinging to make sure the at-bat is official.
    "If the kid is going to get a walk, please swing the bat 3-0, I will let you swing the bat. Make sure you don’t walk. If he gets a hit by a pitch he’s got to pray to somebody else because two big league at-bats getting hit by a pitch, that’s very bad luck. He better change religions because if you get hit by pitches in two at-bats, oh my gosh, you better go to church every two days."
    Although the Marlins are committed to inserting Greenberg into the lineup Tuesday, Guillen plans to keep the integrity of the game in mind.
    "I’m not going to pinch-hit him for the pitcher just because," Guillen said. "If I need a base hit to take the lead or something, he will be out and then I will figure out another inning. I’m going to manage my team to win the game. I’ll figure out how to play him. ... We shouldn’t have any problems."
    And if Greenberg’s at-bat is a success?
    "I think if the kid gets a hit in the first at-bat, he might get another one," Guillen said.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-17-14 at 01:34 PM.