1GearGo
    1GearGo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

• YOU'RE DOING WHAT?

It's like a car crash on the side of the freeway. You don't want to look but you can't look away either. Just to give you a little background info... I made a bet with my buddy the other day that I could hit 15 straight picks and turn $50 to $1.6M in less than a month.
    Now I'm not stupid enough to think that it will actually happen... But I am crazy enough to give it a shot. My gameplan for this thing is pretty basic. First come up with fifty bones... For that I got a little help from the baddest dude to ever get in the octagon. Thanks again Mr. Silva for delivering that breathtaking knee to Chael Sonnen's solarplex at UFC 148. I threw 45 to win 65 on Silva to finish the fight in under 2.5 rounds.

With my initial start-up in place, my next step is to lay down a bet, cross my fingers, and hope for the best. If I win... roll the dice 14 more times.

THE FORMULA
    Combine the betting amount, with the winning payout amount, and find a good play to get it in on (that limits it from being a true double up, but it accounts for the juice which gets really pricey as this thing goes on.)

Guidelines I'm going to "TRY" and stick to...
    1. -110 is the worst odds I'm willing to take (with baseball that means more O/U's than sides probably).
    2. Research picks thoroughly... NO "I just have a good feeling about THIS ONE!" picks.
    3. It's OK to NOT bet - ONLY take a game if I feel very strongly about it. (I'm an action junkie so this will be a good exercise in self control).
    4. YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!

I'm far from a pro, and my picks are mostly hit-and-miss so we'll just have to wait and see . I just thought some of you might be interested in an experiment like this for shits and giggles at the very least... And, just to reiterate, for all the haters out there... I'm not an idiot... I know the odds of hitting the lottery are probably better than pulling this thing off, but I'm doing it anyway! Worst case... I'm out fifty bones. But, if I do get on a roll... If I'm patient and selectively pick my spots... 15 picks isn't impossible. Unlikely sure... Improbable, I'll give you that... But impossible? The jury is still out on that one.

If anyone wants to throw in some picks, suggestions, analysis or insights I'd be interested to get some other points of view. If I find something that sparks a pick, and end up running this thing out, you won't be forgotten.

Just to get you updated...
    It's Saturday night on 7/14/12 and I'm already two picks into this thing... So, as of now I need to string together 13 more picks to reach my goal of 15 straight, and FYI... (On any given day I might take a single game, multiple contests, or none at all if I don't find anything I really like).

SEED MONEY: 45-65 - Silva under 2.5 rounds (I used 50 of that)

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

1. (7/13/12) - 50-55 (110) PIT/MIL OVER 7.5 - (17 RUNS) - +105
    2. (7/14/12) - 105-100 (-105) NYM/ATL OVER 7.5 - (15 RUNS) - CURRENT TOTAL +205
    3. TBD
    Last edited by 1GearGo; 07-14-12 at 07:58 PM. Reason: I'm Bi-Winning!

ctr
    ctr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1095

interesting! hope you reach your goal

zilchy
    zilchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

15 in a row like this? No way anyone who needs it has the balls. Let's say you get to 3k. Are you really going to bet it all then? How about 6 or 12? Stop and cash out or play normally if you get to 5 or maybe 6 in a row or you'll regret it...

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

I think if you have any kind of chance then you have yo be real sure on your picks...like you may go days without finding a good pick....bol

1GearGo

If I'm fortunate enough to get to 5 or 6, I may slice off a little to get it going again if I miss, but I will definitely keep it going and stay the course. The real decisions begin around 8 in a row, where I'm projected to lay down around 9k. 6 more to go before I even have to think about it. But, I totally hear what your saying about laying it all on the line. On paper when I figure it out it seems like it would be that easy, but if what if I get to 10 straight and its time to put over 33K on the line. It's cool to at least think about though.

1GearGo

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBeerHere View Post
    I think if you have any kind of chance then you have yo be real sure on your picks...like you may go days without finding a good pick....bol
    I'm trying to fine tune a totals handicapping system I came up with, so I may take a few days to test the results to see how confident I am in its predictions/results. I'm on the lookout for any dogs that have good value, and a great chance to win. The good thing is... Time is on my side. I'd lose my little side bet with my buddy if I don't get it done in a month, but if I had to stretch it out until football season, but stayed perfect, that would be fine with me.

DoctorPhil
    DoctorPhil's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bullsh1t, if this sh1t hits over 1K your peacing the **** out.

nobody got the balls to all in 15 str8 times, $$ just looks too ****** up.

flipside2469
    flipside2469's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 278

Tailing. Good luck. You can do it!!

chisox35
    chisox35's Avatar Become A Pro!

Come on "action Jackson"u love the action to much to stretch 13 plays into football season.Don't even throw that comment in there!

1GearGo

3. (7/15/12) - 200-200 (100) TEX/SEA OVER 7.5 - ?

I think Gary Cederstrom is the key to this one!

1GearGo

Quote Originally Posted by chisox35 View Post
    Come on "action Jackson"u love the action to much to stretch 13 plays into football season.Don't even throw that comment in there!
    You're right... I'll finish it out by next week one way or another!