MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

MagicDiceFlow's Pound Play for Friday ....ANGELS beat the YANKEES

The Yankees and Angels meet today in the Bronx, a rematch of the two powerhouse teams. It seems like just an eye blink ago that the Angels were headed for the AL West cellar. Mike Trout's extraordinary rookie performance has indeed sparked this run but don't count out the first half performance of Trumbo. Trout and Trumbo's talents has sparked a resurgence in this Angels hitting lineup and one of the main reasons why the Angels will take one in the Bronx tonight.

CJ Wilson opposes H. Kuroda but this time around, the Halos are a much different team than the shutout performance by Kuroda on April 13th, a 5-0 win by the Yankees. In the last meeting, Trout was still in the minors. His performance as leadoff batter is nothing short of phenomenal for a rookie. Explosive speed coupled with his excellent decision making when he's on base could spell doom for Kuroda early in the game. It seems like every time I'm watching an Angels game, a leadoff single (or any hit) almost always turns into a double with Trout eventually stealing second.

Kuroda is a pure finesse pitcher and depends entirely on timing and location. If Trout gets on base and disrupts Kuroda's timing, it could equate to a big crooked number inning. I've seen it happened several times to Kuroda. If you score early on him, he doesnt settle down well. He's an all or nothing type pitcher, either shut the team out completely or get shelled early in the game. We saw what happened in Kuroda's last game against the Red Sox, 6 runs allowed in only 5 innings.

Cj Wilson has been nothing short of stellar. He has ten straight quality starts of allowing 3 runs or less. In 8 of those 10, he's been LIGHTS OUT, allowing only 1 run or shutout. Sure the Yankees have great numbers against lefties ......but Wilson is no average lefty. His name will be mentioned among CY Young contenders before the year is over. Personally my pick for the Cy Young so far this year in the AL is either CJ Wilson or Chris Sale of the White Sox.

Look for the Angels to take one in the Bronx tonight.

Best of Luck!

---------------------------------ANGELS +118 (LISTED) ----------------------

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

hi hate you...

newbottles
    newbottles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 475

MDF I also have this as a high conviction wager today. Very happy to see you on it as well. Let's cash it!

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

like it, bol!
    Will probably wait till gametime for a better number

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

BOL on this, MDF! I agree - Kuroda lives and dies by how he does in the first inning.

I also think teams just want the 'win' more against the Yankees; just as teams just want the 'win' more against the Lakers in nba. It's my knock-the-playground-bully-to-the-ground angle.
    Last edited by EVPlus; 07-13-12 at 03:20 PM.

Utah_Jay
    Utah_Jay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2259

Good to see you back. Tailing tonight. Thanks for the play.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Yanks are also a different team from when they were 5-8 games under 500 ... Stupid reasoning

hundredbombs
    hundredbombs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 952

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    Yanks are also a different team from when they were 5-8 games under 500 ... Stupid reasoning
    Stats don't lie though:

Jeter owns a .389 career average against Wilson, and Robinson Cano is at .350 (however only 5-24 this year). Alex Rodriguez (1 for 16), Mark Teixeira (1 for 12) and Curtis Granderson (2 for 11) have all fared poorly. Andruw Jones is 0 for 9 off Wilson

EVPlus

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    Neither MDF nor anyone else (so far) has used that to back the Angels tonight. I agree the Yankees got off to less than a stellar start but picked up momentum.

However, if you read MDF's write up, he's going with LAA for other reasons. Ultimately, it's your br and you can choose to tail, fade, or pass. BOL

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by hundredbombs View Post
    Stats don't lie though:

Jeter owns a .389 career average against Wilson, and Robinson Cano is at .350 (however only 5-24 this year). Alex Rodriguez (1 for 16), Mark Teixeira (1 for 12) and Curtis Granderson (2 for 11) have all fared poorly. Andruw Jones is 0 for 9 off Wilson
    I know stats don't lie .. But when u say a team is different then the beginning of the year is a dumb stat ... Yanks were the hottest team in baseball and their pitching era for starters was the best in the league since the end of may ... I'm a Yankee fan and I know the angels always give us a hard time ... This game could go either way as kuroda is a hit or miss and Wilson's still a leftie and yanks feed off them

Galego
    Galego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

what's your wager $$$ for that play???

Good luck... will be as well!!!

EVPlus

Yes, NYY does well against lefties. They are 18-11 this season. It also should be noted that NYY is 11-3 in friday games this season. They love the friday night lights.

I think the key piece in tonight's game is Kuroda. He's certainly well rested but, then again, everyone is (or should be) after the break.

Now, if we go on the premise that Kuroda is a finesse pitcher, as MDF states, the extra days off could possibly make him rusty(?) An athlete can practice 'til the cows come home but it's the actual game-time that sharpens his skills to a razor's edge. This is why pro teams have spring ball, pro cyclists have lesser races before the major ones (Dauphne before the Tour de France), and same with tennis players (a smaller event on a certain surface such as clay or grass before a major such as French or Wimbledon).

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by EVPlus View Post
    Yes, NYY does well against lefties. They are 18-11 this season. It also should be noted that NYY is 11-3 in friday games this season. They love the friday night lights.

I think the key piece in tonight's game is Kuroda. He's certainly well rested but, then again, everyone is (or should be) after the break.

Now, if we go on the premise that Kuroda is a finesse pitcher, as MDF states, the extra days off could possibly make him rusty(?) An athlete can practice 'til the cows come home but it's the actual game-time that sharpens his skills to a razor's edge. This is why pro teams have spring ball, pro cyclists have lesser races before the major ones (Dauphne before the Tour de France), and same with tennis players (a smaller event on a certain surface such as clay or grass before a major such as French or Wimbledon).
    Razor sharp analysis, EV.

Also, previous poster mention about Yankees feasting off lefties. Yes that is true but again Wilson is no normal lefty. If you cap a game with the team feasting on lefties theory, you'll get burned in the games when a sharp lefty shines.

I've got $600 on the game Galego:

Wager Type : Money Line
    Wager Status : PendingRisk / To Win Amount : 600.00 / 708.10(USD)
    Accepted : 7/13/2012 12:54PM - PST

Sport / Period : MLB Baseball / Game
    Selection : Los Angeles Angels
    Time : 7/13/2012 4:05:01PM - (PST)
    Line : +118
    Pitchers : C. Wilson - L - Must Pitch / H. Kuroda - R - Must Pitch

Galego
    Galego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    Razor sharp analysis, EV.

Also, previous poster mention about Yankees feasting off lefties. Yes that is true but again Wilson is no normal lefty. If you cap a game with the team feasting on lefties theory, you'll get burned in the games when a sharp lefty shines.

I've got $600 on the game Galego:

Wager Type : Money Line
    Wager Status : PendingRisk / To Win Amount : 600.00 / 708.10(USD)
    Accepted : 7/13/2012 12:54PM - PST

Sport / Period : MLB Baseball / Game
    Selection : Los Angeles Angels
    Time : 7/13/2012 4:05:01PM - (PST)
    Line : +118
    Pitchers : C. Wilson - L - Must Pitch / H. Kuroda - R - Must Pitch

Thanks bro!! I'm trying to make 10k turn to 35K, so every good play helps!!

Good luck and I will be the same $ 600, but my line is +114

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

MDF ... How's life? Everything going your way?

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayininHTown View Post
    MDF ... How's life? Everything going your way?
    Everything's been great. I'm not feeling any of the current tennis tourneys. Be careful when wagering on those smaller tournies. Half of the guys just appear to cash a paycheck. It's harder to determine which ones have the motivation.

Good luck though ParlayHtown.

blue.eyed.tuna
    blue.eyed.tuna's Avatar Become A Pro!

This will be a VERY rare pass for me on MDF selections. I like your reasoning, but if I'm picking one game on the board I see better value in a couple other games and will just pass on this one. I see this game going either way...it's all about Kuroda and i just don't trust him either way coming off the AS break. Good luck MDF..I'll be rooting for ya

Kuroda's ERA post AS the past 3 years is about 3.10 and his home ERA is 2.60ish. Tough spot here, but Wilson has been lights out lately too. Too close to call..
    Last edited by blue.eyed.tuna; 07-13-12 at 07:44 PM.

drew2
    drew2's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for the pick magic good luck

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

There's our man TRUMBO with the big 3 run shot.....ANGELS retake the lead 7th inning.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    There's our man TRUMBO with the big 3 run shot.....ANGELS retake the lead 7th inning.
    More like Trombomb! clear 399 sighn easy!!! lets go angels!

blue.eyed.tuna
    blue.eyed.tuna's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOOM! Trumbo comes up big again!

drew2

trumbo trumbo

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dang... I watch an episode of King of the Hill and we're up by 3!
    Love it I'll tell you h'what.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Remember when I mentioned about Trout getting on base and disrupting Kuroda's timing? It's certainly coming into play right now as Trout goes 2-4 but more importantly those two steals....kills Kuroda's timing and he's chased out of the game.

EVPlus

C.J. did his job. They need to bring in the bp and close this out.

EVPlus

When I said bp, I was hoping for a righty.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

r u kidding me downs. first homerun aloud fiday the 13th of course. fckkn bull sh it

hundredbombs
    hundredbombs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 952

I'm so sick of relief pitchers.

drew2

teixeira

hougigo

Hahahaha, I love it!
    Come back again..... sigh....

hougigo

Good job downs... you get a gold star for a good freaking job....

EVPlus

All that work by the Angel's offense down the toilet thanks to this piece of sh!t. Yankees were looking at lefty pitching all fukking night and the dipsh1t manager brings in a lefty reliever. Beautiful.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Interesting call by Scioscia leaving in Downs for Texeira. Even though he's been solid all year, that's a surprising call leaving him in after the first two reached. Well, back to work Angels bats. Still anyone's game.

Whoever wrote that long SBR article on the main page about taking the under in this game just got buried. I tried to tell them before the game, taking the under with these two offenses, in Yankee stadium.......russian roulette.

hougigo

Oh Downs....

flipside2469
    flipside2469's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 278

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

12 Last