brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Play Red Sox home RL. 15 of their 17 homewins were by 2+ runs

That's a waste of juice bro. They'll win comfortably or lose outright

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I should get a better number on the -1 run line from 5dimes when it comes out than I will from heritage tonight. I hate these home teams with the -1.5 run line. Jurrjens hasnt looked impressive in his short stint in the minors but he is still one of the better pitchers in the Braves rotation and and should be back in the starting rotation at some point. I dont see how anyone can have much confidence in Lester this year. I still like the Red Sox here, you could parlay this with Germany ML.
    Last edited by gregm; 06-22-12 at 01:42 AM.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    I hate these home teams with the -1.5 run line.
    It's a psychological thing you gotta overcome

The fact is that you would have to be a fool to lay that juice in home games with teams like Boston, New York and The Rangers for example. Those teams generally win by 5 runs or they lose by 5 runs. Only 2 of the Red Sox 17 home wins this year were by 1 run. A very small number of the Rangers' wins this year have been by 1 run as well

Jurrjens hasnt looked impressive in his short stint in the minors

Jurjjenns was shredded to pieces in 4 starts in the majors this year and went down to the minors to post a 6.00 era. I have confidence in Boston to score 5-6 runs against even a decent pitcher right now. Against a guy struggling as bad as Jurjjenns? Anything less than 7-8 runs would shock me

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Nice to see you doing well Greg. Been dabbling small in bases but I don't have time to really follow it. May start tailing you. Ended hoops on a tear. Raised the stakes in final 3 series to push units to +56.25. Killed old thread since the gf is not with me now. If and when we work it out I will produce a nice profit.

Boston is inconsistent but I like Lester. Will either deposit at 5 dimes to get the 1 run line option or see what the locals here have to offer.

Keep up the great work.

gregm

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Nice to see you doing well Greg. Been dabbling small in bases but I don't have time to really follow it. May start tailing you. Ended hoops on a tear. Raised the stakes in final 3 series to push units to +56.25. Killed old thread since the gf is not with me now. If and when we work it out I will produce a nice profit.

Boston is inconsistent but I like Lester. Will either deposit at 5 dimes to get the 1 run line option or see what the locals here have to offer.

Keep up the great work.
    Hey Grits! Its great to see you, I was wondering where you went? I miss that basketball thread, you were just killing it. Sorry to hear about your girl, are you back in Macau?

I really dont like interleague play play but Boston is playing great ball here and Jurrjens hasn't looked good since last year before the all star game. I really like these soccer picks alot more. I really hope to see you around the baseball section. Cheers

Team is scoreless- Yes (Germany/Greece) -157 risk 1.57

Germany -1 -196 risk 3.92

Gomez scores a goal- Yes (Germany/Greece) -105 risk .105

Reds -1 -132 risk 1.32

Red sox -1 -130 risk 1.3
    Last edited by gregm; 06-22-12 at 11:08 AM.

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Making your own -1 run line isn't that hard. Then you don't have to wait until 5D makes it available.

gregm

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    It's a psychological thing you gotta overcome

The fact is that you would have to be a fool to lay that juice in home games with teams like Boston, New York and The Rangers for example. Those teams generally win by 5 runs or they lose by 5 runs. Only 2 of the Red Sox 17 home wins this year were by 1 run. A very small number of the Rangers' wins this year have been by 1 run as well

Jurjjenns was shredded to pieces in 4 starts in the majors this year and went down to the minors to post a 6.00 era. I have confidence in Boston to score 5-6 runs against even a decent pitcher right now. Against a guy struggling as bad as Jurjjenns? Anything less than 7-8 runs would shock me
    I think you have a good bet here if you are going with the -1.5 run line here with the way Boston has been playing, but this is interleague play and stats are different,Lester hasnt exactly been lighting it up this year as well. He is off a decent outing and a one run win and boston won last night by one but Lester is still not sharp putting up an ERA over 6 in his last 6 starts and is still giving up a ton of hits each outing. Boston can put up the runs but they are certainly not Texas or the Yankees or even Dodgers and Cardinals in run differential and Lester hasnt faced most of these Braves. He actually has poor numbers against the Braves he has faced.

Lester is pitching better in June than he did in May and Jurrjens hasnt looked right since he pitched in the All star game last year, I just have had alot of success with these -1 run lines since losing matchbook as an option and I thought I would get a great number on these moneylines and I did. Hopefully Jurrjens struggles continue tonight.

gregm

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosmak View Post
    Making your own -1 run line isn't that hard. Then you don't have to wait until 5D makes it available.
    I know but I use Heritage alot as well and I wanted to see where these lines were going.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Bull, when do you get your info from? Do u just do it urself or actually have a place that says 15 of 17 wins have been by 2 or more.... so in ur case they would be 15 and 21 at home... would you still have a profit if you bet every gaem minus 1.5?

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

I bet if you used a labby line rather than straight bet, then you could see a profit.... good luck to you greg don't wanna high jack ur thread

everythingred
    everythingred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2665

Reds -1 -132 risk 1.32

Red sox -1 -130 risk 1.3
    Word on the street is Gomez isn't starting...

gregm

Hey Grits! Its great to see you, I was wondering where you went? I miss that basketball thread, you were just killing it. Sorry to hear about your girl, are you back in Macau?

I really dont like interleague play play but Boston is playing great ball here and Jurrjens hasn't looked good since last year before the all star game. I really like these soccer picks alot more. I really hope to see you around the baseball section. Cheers

Reds -1 -132 risk 1.32

Red sox -1 -130 risk 1.3
    Gomez not starting! I dont understand that decision but I do have a futures on Klose goals in my soccer thread. Hopefully they get gomez in there in the second half and he gets one or he doesnt play at all and bet is void, I am just going to take my lumps and let it ride. Horrible number on gomez not scoring prop. Gomez can console himself in those german beer barrels his girlfriend is sporting under her dirndl.