TheBack
    TheBack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 596

Cards @ Tigers 6/21

This should be the Cards easy right. Tigers bats look like they have fallen back asleep. Lohse on the mound agianst a rookie Turner who hasnt done sh1t. And the line is...

Cards -108 @Tigers -102

What am i missing here ? Shouldnt Cards be more of a fav.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

All over stlouis, they will win if det bp shows up

TheBack

Need help with this . Can someone tell me what im missing.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i really dont know shit bout this kid det throwing out there, i do know he is from stl area and could very well be jacked to pitch against his hometown team, certainly help matters that the cards are a hot mess right now... i imagine Loshe will be solid as he has been pretty strong in day gms the last few years, not sure he can get through det lineup 3 times tho so that gets cards struggling pun involved by the 6th...same with Turner, if he can get thru early gm jitters i believe he has a chance to go 5-6 innings with minimal damage so turns into a gm of pens i dont trust atm, seems like the coinflip the line says it is to me..

honestly im hoping the total gets bet up and id prob be looking at under ff (5 or more would do), not to much interest getting involved with 2 teams that both have issues right now...

take this all with a grain of salt tho because ive been struggling with my cards lately which in very unusual as typically im very solid betting totals and sides in their gms..

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by TheBack View Post
    Need help with this . Can someone tell me what im missing.
    im havin a hard time as well....... im definately leaning st louis.... but its tuff... i think the bookie might be compinsating for th unknown. meaning since nobody on st luis has seen turner we really dont know how he will do plus is molina sitting tommorow i havnt seenthe lineups

molina i think is the diffrence tommorow and how many starters rest.

if anone can get a starting lineup please post

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Turner will probably be a stud for many years to come, but he doesn't look ready yet and his three Major League starts last year were nothing special. Plus Cards manager Metheny was a coach on Turner's high school team so he might be able to give the St. Louis batters pointers on what to expect. I don't think Lohse is as good as his ERA, but he is solid enough to back at this price.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Turner will probably be a stud for many years to come, but he doesn't look ready yet and his three Major League starts last year were nothing special. Plus Cards manager Metheny was a coach on Turner's high school team so he might be able to give the St. Louis batters pointers on what to expect. I don't think Lohse is as good as his ERA, but he is solid enough to back at this price.

that is pretty interesting, didnt know that (good stuff).. Loshe def not as good as era but he does like day gms and as i said think he be solid until 3rd time thru the order for sure, after that pens get involved so who knows, i know stl pen is having serious issues at the moment.... maybe cards ff?

LT Profits

Tigers don't have Valverde either so they have pen issues too.

russiaboss
    russiaboss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

Played Detroit +101
    GL

2daBank

oh no doubt..both pens are shaky right now, i just see a lot more of cards for myself...just feel like when these pens get involved it a total coinflip with neither team playing particularly well..the angle that matheny coached this kid kinda worried me about playing ff under but i mean turner has had to changed since high school hasnt he?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Tigers have issues with their pen even when he's pitching.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Turner will be good eventually. He was a high draft pick and is projected to eventually be a front-end guy. Whether or not he's "ready" for a start like this, I don't know.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    oh no doubt..both pens are shaky right now, i just see a lot more of cards for myself...just feel like when these pens get involved it a total coinflip with neither team playing particularly well..the angle that matheny coached this kid kinda worried me about playing ff under but i mean turner has had to changed since high school hasnt he?
    We are only talking like 3 years ago. He is 21.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Turner will be good eventually. He was a high draft pick and is projected to eventually be a front-end guy. Whether or not he's "ready" for a start like this, I don't know.
    seems to me there been a few stl kids that have faced cards early on and fared well (couldnt give you a stat on it, just something that sticks out in my mind), we baseball usa baby, when a stl kids gets to face the team they been rooting for their whole lives they seem to rise to the occasion...

2daBank

We are only talking like 3 years ago. He is 21.
    lol...**** im old...

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

just gonna go with gut feeling. Tigers @ home. line seems bit fishy...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

lol...**** im old...

Good to have you back around Banker.

TheBack

I found this info on him a couple of reports how hes been doing in the minors

http://www.sportsoverdose.com/mlb-players/jacob-turner

TheBack

Cards opened @ -108 seems to be going up now its @ -112.

I prob should take Cards now bcuz line seems to be going up and prob will continue but just dont know about Turner and Det. On the link i posted above i read and Turners stats in 3 starts last yr werent good 0-1 ERA over 8 in 17 innings. And this yr in minors he has an ERA around 3.50 and thats in triple A. He does has control probs @ times it says. I dont think they will let Turner go more than 5 maybe 6 which means tigers bullpen will get some work tomorrow and they have been a mess latley.

ajcobb22
    ajcobb22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

I do like Cards......ONLY a couple stats worry me. 3.51 ERA in the daytime, .283 BA against Detroit batters and 15 RBI's in 88 AB's against the Tigers. That's about 5 ER a game against the Tigers for Lohse. It's always weird too when a team faces a pitcher they never have faced before.

taxe91
    taxe91's Avatar Become A Pro!

Valverde is the Tigers' pen issue
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

you think long you think wrong. locked card, Lohse got this
    if turner was that good they would have started him after spring training but until now.

taxe91
    taxe91's Avatar Become A Pro!

^ you could say the same thing about mike trout/bryce harper/stephen strasburg/matt moore/pretty much any rookie. midseason call ups is the norm. you'll rarely see a guy play in his first major league game during opening week

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by ajcobb22 View Post
    I do like Cards......ONLY a couple stats worry me. 3.51 ERA in the daytime, .283 BA against Detroit batters and 15 RBI's in 88 AB's against the Tigers. That's about 5 ER a game against the Tigers for Lohse. It's always weird too when a team faces a pitcher they never have faced before.
    Lohse hasn't faced the Tigers since 2008. The only guy in the current Detroit lineup that has faced Lohse after 2008 is Fielder and he is only 3 for 15 against him in that time.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Lohse hasn't faced the Tigers since 2008. The only guy in the current Detroit lineup that has faced Lohse after 2008 is Fielder and he is only 3 for 15 against him in that time.
    cabreara 4 for 10 ! espn hitting stats

2daBank

un 5.5 1st 5 for me...may wanna fade as i have been uncommonly cold in redbird gms as of late....gl to everyone whatever you decide..

Squirrel Kokomo
    Squirrel Kokomo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    pre 2008

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    really not relevant, hell im pretty sure you could have found that lots of det players had previous success yrs ago in minimal plate appearances against westbrook and that bum pitched a gem....

LT Profits

really not relevant, hell im pretty sure you could have found that lots of det players had previous success yrs ago in minimal plate appearances against westbrook and that bum pitched a gem....
    Relevant here because Lohse didn't get "good" until he came to the Cardinals and worked with Dave Duncan.

2daBank

Relevant here because Lohse didn't get "good" until he came to the Cardinals and worked with Dave Duncan.
    well aware of what duncan did with loshe, wouldnt that make numbers before then less relevant?

LT Profits

well aware of what duncan did with loshe, wouldnt that make numbers before then less relevant?
    Exactly, that's why I ignored Cabrera and only quoted post-Duncan Fielder numbers

Cheese1976
    Cheese1976's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

Name:  flr2 - -Betting-AlPendingWagers.asp.png
Views: 318
Size:  16.9 KB

LT Profits

Sorry I should have quoted matt1216 and not you

2daBank

Exactly, that's why I ignored Cabrera and only quoted post-Duncan Fielder numbers
    yea we on same page, think you may have just took my reply to the guy who posted Miggy as 4 for 10 against Loshe the wrong way...we saying same thing

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

I played ST.LOU. and Over at a good price very early this morning .Anyway Lohse has pitched well last 3 but has a career ERA of 5.95 vs Det. We will see what happens good luck to all. 2daBank how have you been.? Hope all is well.

1234 Last