MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

New Stadium=Opening Day Jitters for the Home Team

Seen it time and time again with a new stadium being introduced, the home team seem to always have the opening day jitters. It may come down to the battle of the bullpen which I'll go with the more experienced Cards bullpen.

Even without Pujols, Cards are stacked on offense with good solid hitters in Berkman, Holliday, Molina, and Freese.
    Cards my not score against Johnson but I see them scratching out 4 runs today after the 5th inning for a 4-2 win.

Good Luck!

SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

When I originally saw the lines for this game, my initial instinct was Cardinals. No way I want to invest almost -170 on opening day when teams will be finding themselves and us gamblers will be trying to determine what teams will be like for a few weeks.

I haven't pulled the trigger on the Cardinals yet because of one reason; Josh Johnson. The guy is a beast who can shut down ANY offense. BUT (and this is a big BUT) how will Johnson look after such a long lay off (first start in almost a year). Yes, he's had ST work, but to me he was a bit rusty walking more than he usually does. But, it's ST and he probably was working on his mechanics and not concerned with "stats".

I have two options for this game Magic:
    1) take the cardinals at almost +160 to +170
    2) lay off this game and wait for others

I will not lay -170 to -180 on opening day.

I'm assuming you're running with the Cards tonight. BOL to you Magic tonight on all your plays

-sportGTi

jbess
    jbess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

I'm on Cards as well. BOL to all!

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by SportGTI View Post
    When I originally saw the lines for this game, my initial instinct was Cardinals. No way I want to invest almost -170 on opening day when teams will be finding themselves and us gamblers will be trying to determine what teams will be like for a few weeks.

I haven't pulled the trigger on the Cardinals yet because of one reason; Josh Johnson. The guy is a beast who can shut down ANY offense. BUT (and this is a big BUT) how will Johnson look after such a long lay off (first start in almost a year). Yes, he's had ST work, but to me he was a bit rusty walking more than he usually does. But, it's ST and he probably was working on his mechanics and not concerned with "stats".

I have two options for this game Magic:
    1) take the cardinals at almost +160 to +170
    2) lay off this game and wait for others

I will not lay -170 to -180 on opening day.

I'm assuming you're running with the Cards tonight. BOL to you Magic tonight on all your plays

-sportGTi

Hi Sport.....nice write up and you bring up some excellent points. BOL to your plays as well!

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Booooom .....opening day jitters for Johnson......2-0 Cards early.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Maybe Johnson was also rattled by seeing more than 500 people at a Marlins home game.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

That 3,4,5 hitting spot(Holliday, Berkman, Freese) are arguably going to be the best in the league this season.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

New Stadium = waste of money.

What a hideous new ballpark.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    New Stadium = waste of money.

What a hideous new ballpark.
    It's seems nice except for that hideous home run fountain thing or whatever the fukk it is. Also, the Marlins logo looks gay as shit.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    That 3,4,5 hitting spot(Holliday, Berkman, Freese) are arguably going to be the best in the league this season.
    Then you have Furcal and Beltran in front of those 3. As long as Carp and Wainwright stay healthy my Cards should be great

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

wow what a dominating opening day performance by the savvy vet Lohse.....not saying anything

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    Seen it time and time again with a new stadium being introduced, the home team seem to always have the opening day jitters. It may come down to the battle of the bullpen which I'll go with the more experienced Cards bullpen.

Even without Pujols, Cards are stacked on offense with good solid hitters in Berkman, Holliday, Molina, and Freese.
    Cards my not score against Johnson but I see them scratching out 4 runs today after the 5th inning for a 4-2 win.

Good Luck!

almost guessed the final score there ....congrats all cards backers!