daoilman
    daoilman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Race 7
    1-Dux Scholar 8-1

Wins the nightcap at a good price
    Outstanding!! I flat your last two picks and played a small double, no double but a great price on the Dux as he romped.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by harthebar View Post
    how have you been doing mike, if you get a chance ...can you capp a few races for me.....tampa bay races 6,8,9,
    Did good today.Got an $88 Pick 3 with best horse/best horse/2nd best horse but best horse looked to need a race.Huge overlay and just hit a $16-$17 winner.

Looking at Tampa now

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by daoilman View Post
    Outstanding!! I flat your last two picks and played a small double, no double but a great price on the Dux as he romped.

Yeah good to see Seth Benzel have some success over there.

mikemca
    Update Status

how have you been doing mike, if you get a chance ...can you capp a few races for me.....tampa bay races 6,8,9,
    Tampa Bay*
    Race 6
    Patriots Way 4-1
    Race 8
    1-Alex's Vision 6-1
    Race 9
    1-Art Of Bourbon 5-1

*I suck at Tampa

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14019

Can I just shoot myself because I'm still really working for a living and missed the entire card today.

Many thanks for your time and picks.

I was an authority on greyhounds decades ago but the transition to horses is surely not 1-1.

Thanks again Mike!

mikemca
    Update Status

Didn't put much time into today at Dubai so I'm not super confident.

Meydan

Race 1
    8-In The Spotlight 12-1

Race 2
    8-Dubawi Sound 12-1

Race 3
    7-Deauville Prince 6-1

Race 4
    6-Amanee 12-1
    4-Kinglet 12-1
    2-Producer 7-2

Race 5
    4-Music Chart 5-1

Race 6
    7-Across The Rhine 30-1

mikemca
    Update Status

Super Saturday is here!

Race 2 looks like its between the logical choices Zahee ,Snowboarder , and I'm Back.I've been chasing Deauville Prince for a couple races now but when something looks too good it usually is.At the prices I'm playing 1-I'm Back 6-1.

mikemca
    Update Status

Dubai World Cup Day!!

Meydan

Race 2
    6-Surfer 6-1(Is 9-1 on europe market so probably goes off higher)
    8-Master Of Hounds 15-1
    2-Mufarrh 20-1
    5-Zazou 10-1
    4-Time Prisoner 30-1

Tough race but think the favorite is vulnerable so it could payoff to go deep.Surfer is my key as the horses he has been behind while losing last couple are running in the World Cup.Plus a bunch of other pretty good angles working for him.

W/P 6
    EX BX 6/2,4,5,8

Race 3
    7-Saddler's Rock 12-1
    1-Imperial Monarch 3-1
    8-Tenebbaum 8-1
    6-Verema

Just going with the best stayer aside from the fave 1.Looks between those two but crazy things can happen during the 2 miles run.

W/P 7
    EX BX 7/1,8,6

Race 4
    4-Lines Of Battle 10-1
    7-Secret Number 3-1
    3-Now Spun 15-1

The horse I'm playing against here that figures to take some money is 1-Law Enforcement.The trainer doesn't have a good track record in Dubai while doing great just about everywhere else.On the other hand Aiden O'Brien's horses almost always runs well in the UAE Derby and he sends out the 4 who looks good on form too.

W/P 4
    EX BX 4,7,3

Race 5
    5-Spirit Quartz 15-1
    7-Shea Shea 5-2
    15-Sole Power 5-1
    4-Dux Scholar 20-1

W/P 5
    EX BX 7/5,15,4

5 Furlong turf sprints are chaos but Shea Shea might be much the best here with a repeat of last.I think the value is in the 5 who has a ton of near misses against some really good horses.The 1-Eagle Regiment is the scary horse if healthy but was reported to have a hoof issue once he got to Dubai and was 50/50 to run.If it is all a ruse then he is a big overlay.

Race 6
    5-Reynaldothewizard 12-1
    10-Mental 7-2
    7-Kavanagh 15-1
    2-Gordon Lord Byron 15-1

W/P 5
    EX BX 5,10,7,2

Another race with a scary favorite in Mental but the 5 couldn't have been more impressive last out and at the prices have to put that one on top.No I don't hate America I just think there are too many question marks to back any US horse running here for the first time.

Race 7
    11-Mushreq 15-1
    9-Giofra 15-1
    2-I'm A Dreamer 10-1(Will go off much higher)
    6-Igugu 15-1

W/P 11
    EX BX 11,9,2,6

Wide open race with the favorite probably going off anywhere from 9-2 to 6-1.The knocks I have on the faves are that Ocean Park comes up from New Zealand/Australia and I have seen plenty of these good looking types not live up to the hype when trying to run anywhere but down under.Trade Storm is 12-1 ML but currently 5-1 co-fave with Ocean Park.That one is stuck out in post 14 and playing for a wide trip/fade.The question mark is Igugu as on her best she smokes this field but she was in heat when she underperformed in both her races at Dubai this year.The problem is the heat cycle is 20-23 days and this race falls 21 days since her last.So its a total guess but if she is good to go then she is a huge overlay at 15-1.

Race 8
    6-St Nicholas Abbey 5-2

W/P 6

Don't think there is much money to be made here in exotics with Gentildonna looking very tough at close to even money.Maybe I can beat her on the win end but its asking a lot to keep her out of the exacta.I guess there is an outside chance Dunaden can get there but 8-1 isn't really that great.St Nicholas Abbey is a total pro and always runs his race except for on soft ground and it is always good at Meydan.

Race 9
    5-Capponi 20-1
    8-Royal Delta 4-1
    1-Treasure Beach 20-1
    4-Hunter's Light 7-2

W/P 5
    EX BX 5,8,1,4

On paper Royal Delta lays over this field.The problem is those figs were achieved vs females.However if Mott brings her to Dubai for another go around then I have to think he truly believes she has a good chance.He just doesn't put horses in unrealistic spots.The reasoning for my two longshots is that Capponi's trainer Al Zarooni is among the best there is winding a horse up to run the race of their life right off the bench.I look at it as a positive that he bring Capponi directly into this spot and he obviously fits with this classy field having finished 2nd in last year's World Cup.As for Treasure Beach , if you followed the carnival then you probably noticed de Kock's horses improving by leaps and bounds the 2nd start after a layoff which is what Treasure Beach is doing.He didn't finish that far behind the favorite Hunter's Light last race and if he improves like most of de Kock's runners then he is right there with that one.Hunter's Light is 7-2 and Treasure Beach is 20-1 so it looks like value to me.Plus he has speed to take advantage of the rail.

GL
    Last edited by mikemca; 03-29-13 at 01:22 PM.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Animal Kingdom tmrw???

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Animal Kingdom tmrw???
    He is interesting but in the end I went against him because of his style.They tend to crawl early and he is in gate 12 so I think he has a good chance to either be hung 4-5 wide or if he takes back about 10 lengths + out of a :26/:53 pace.Plus there are too many question marks for me to play him at the shortish price that he is going to be.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Thx Mike!

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9854

Mike ive had enough in the 4th ? ..i like him a bit.... your thought

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

going to OTB in a bit, have our GP picks wrote down and will play races 7.8.9 form Dubai

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Boy am I going bad. I passed on the 4th due to the drop in value.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Mike I see we have a lot of same picks at GP for today, Ill be playing them in supers, going to OTB now

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

Mike what are your picks for gulfstream today fla derby

harthebar

mikemca . i see why you like this track ..you did your work well reading these charts are tough

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1872

Two nice winners so far. I have a pick 3 going to all here now.

But I had the 6 plus Reynoldo will all in the pick 3. Would have been nice.

harthebar

Where are mikemca picks for gulfstream today you mentioned that you guys have alot of the same.....what are your picks....
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyp View Post
    mike i see we have a lot of same picks at gp for today, ill be playing them in supers, going to otb now

harthebar

Mike did you post your gulfstream picks anywhere ....
    dubai world cup day!!

meydan

race 2
    6-surfer 6-1(is 9-1 on europe market so probably goes off higher)
    8-master of hounds 15-1
    2-mufarrh 20-1
    5-zazou 10-1
    4-time prisoner 30-1

tough race but think the favorite is vulnerable so it could payoff to go deep.surfer is my key as the horses he has been behind while losing last couple are running in the world cup.plus a bunch of other pretty good angles working for him.

w/p 6
    ex bx 6/2,4,5,8

race 3
    7-saddler's rock 12-1
    1-imperial monarch 3-1
    8-tenebbaum 8-1
    6-verema

just going with the best stayer aside from the fave 1.looks between those two but crazy things can happen during the 2 miles run.

w/p 7
    ex bx 7/1,8,6

race 4
    4-lines of battle 10-1
    7-secret number 3-1
    3-now spun 15-1

the horse i'm playing against here that figures to take some money is 1-law enforcement.the trainer doesn't have a good track record in dubai while doing great just about everywhere else.on the other hand aiden o'brien's horses almost always runs well in the uae derby and he sends out the 4 who looks good on form too.

w/p 4
    ex bx 4,7,3

race 5
    5-spirit quartz 15-1
    7-shea shea 5-2
    15-sole power 5-1
    4-dux scholar 20-1

w/p 5
    ex bx 7/5,15,4

5 furlong turf sprints are chaos but shea shea might be much the best here with a repeat of last.i think the value is in the 5 who has a ton of near misses against some really good horses.the 1-eagle regiment is the scary horse if healthy but was reported to have a hoof issue once he got to dubai and was 50/50 to run.if it is all a ruse then he is a big overlay.

race 6
    5-reynaldothewizard 12-1
    10-mental 7-2
    7-kavanagh 15-1
    2-gordon lord byron 15-1

w/p 5
    ex bx 5,10,7,2

another race with a scary favorite in mental but the 5 couldn't have been more impressive last out and at the prices have to put that one on top.no i don't hate america i just think there are too many question marks to back any us horse running here for the first time.

race 7
    11-mushreq 15-1
    9-giofra 15-1
    2-i'm a dreamer 10-1(will go off much higher)
    6-igugu 15-1

w/p 11
    ex bx 11,9,2,6

wide open race with the favorite probably going off anywhere from 9-2 to 6-1.the knocks i have on the faves are that ocean park comes up from new zealand/australia and i have seen plenty of these good looking types not live up to the hype when trying to run anywhere but down under.trade storm is 12-1 ml but currently 5-1 co-fave with ocean park.that one is stuck out in post 14 and playing for a wide trip/fade.the question mark is igugu as on her best she smokes this field but she was in heat when she underperformed in both her races at dubai this year.the problem is the heat cycle is 20-23 days and this race falls 21 days since her last.so its a total guess but if she is good to go then she is a huge overlay at 15-1.

race 8
    6-st nicholas abbey 5-2

w/p 6

don't think there is much money to be made here in exotics with gentildonna looking very tough at close to even money.maybe i can beat her on the win end but its asking a lot to keep her out of the exacta.i guess there is an outside chance dunaden can get there but 8-1 isn't really that great.st nicholas abbey is a total pro and always runs his race except for on soft ground and it is always good at meydan.

race 9
    5-capponi 20-1
    8-royal delta 4-1
    1-treasure beach 20-1
    4-hunter's light 7-2

w/p 5
    ex bx 5,8,1,4

on paper royal delta lays over this field.the problem is those figs were achieved vs females.however if mott brings her to dubai for another go around then i have to think he truly believes she has a good chance.he just doesn't put horses in unrealistic spots.the reasoning for my two longshots is that capponi's trainer al zarooni is among the best there is winding a horse up to run the race of their life right off the bench.i look at it as a positive that he bring capponi directly into this spot and he obviously fits with this classy field having finished 2nd in last year's world cup.as for treasure beach , if you followed the carnival then you probably noticed de kock's horses improving by leaps and bounds the 2nd start after a layoff which is what treasure beach is doing.he didn't finish that far behind the favorite hunter's light last race and if he improves like most of de kock's runners then he is right there with that one.hunter's light is 7-2 and treasure beach is 20-1 so it looks like value to me.plus he has speed to take advantage of the rail.

Gl

harthebar

Yea your right, ive been watching those outside post are killers at this track.....you stay up close you get killed by losing the ground ....drop back your to far back........thnaks for the info
    he is interesting but in the end i went against him because of his style.they tend to crawl early and he is in gate 12 so i think he has a good chance to either be hung 4-5 wide or if he takes back about 10 lengths + out of a :26/:53 pace.plus there are too many question marks for me to play him at the shortish price that he is going to be.

harthebar

Mikemca there is a job opening at tvg waiting for you....i would apply.

mikemca
    Update Status

Mikemca there is a job opening at tvg waiting for you....i would apply.

lol...I'm at otb so can't post in detail...I put my gulfstream picks on another site for a contest but don't like anything there that strongly

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

anything for the fla derby mike

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Animal Kingdom easily....wow, I didn't see that coming, but I am glad it happened. That was a great race

daoilman
    daoilman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Congrats to Mike on winning the 1,000$ Dubai contest at DerbyWars, well done Mike.

mikemca
    Update Status

Animal Kingdom tmrw???
    Nice call....They sat him right off the lead which I didn't expect and he dominated.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    anything for the fla derby mike
    I think its going to be tough to beat the top 3 Shanghai Bobby,Orb, and Itsmyluckyday.Maybe Indys Illusion would be my long shot but the favorites look way too good and its hard to expect all 3 to regress

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by daoilman View Post
    Congrats to Mike on winning the 1,000$ Dubai contest at DerbyWars, well done Mike.
    Thx man..Think I got 2nd or 3rd in the $400 too but I used 2 different horses in that one so didn't get the win.

I also should add that I won the Dubai World Cup contest last year on DW too so I defended the title
    Last edited by mikemca; 03-30-13 at 01:18 PM.

BGboothA

MikeMcA= Dynaformer??? Nice work sir!!!

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by BGboothA View Post
    MikeMcA= Dynaformer??? Nice work sir!!!
    Yeah that's me..thx

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Nice call....They sat him right off the lead which I didn't expect and he dominated.

I think its going to be tough to beat the top 3 Shanghai Bobby,Orb, and Itsmyluckyday.Maybe Indys Illusion would be my long shot but the favorites look way too good and its hard to expect all 3 to regress

Thx Mike. I got some of the last months damage back but I defer to you.

BGboothA

Thx Mike. I got some of the last months damage back but I defer to you.

I agree the top three are going to be tough, but I think Merit Man could have a step up to join that group.

First 123