Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Quote Originally Posted by JKD View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I see where you're coming from to an extent. Gonzaga is his own worst enemy for sure, one of those guys who's somehow worse than the sum of his parts. And Rothwell did look GREATLY improved physically in his last fight, but I didn't see that translate into his performance; up until the ko shot he was looking absolutely horrible; the usual slow and lumbering (lack of) footwork whilst getting lit-up.

Not planning on going mental on him or anything, not super-confident as I would't be incredibly surprised to see GG laid out again, but I still feel Gonzaga wins at least 2/3 times and for me is the play here. =]
    In fairness, Schaub is a tough opponent for a lot of heavyweights. Yes he doesn't have the best chin but he is a very strong puncher with a good offensive striking. He's in my opinion a much better offensive striker than Gonzaga, and a rough match-up for Rothwell.

Gonzaga is a solid pick at these odds, especially with MMA the variables people use to calculate chance of success can vary so wildly that sometimes both sides make a ton of sense to bet on. I just really think Rothwells got this one in the bag.

KushMoney
    KushMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Fukk Capping the fight. take Rothwell's record into account and FADE

Ben Rothwell goes Win,Loss,Win,Loss,Win,Loss,Win

Also into account that Rothwell isn't a great Stand-up fighter, no foot work, just circles a little, bobs around a little, looks to pin his opponent against the fence and waits to trade. He's a grappler.

Gonzaga's has a more explosive and varying series of strikes and IMO has a more technical BJJ game.

Rothwell has a better chin.

Gonzaga in his home country, will have judges advantage if it goes there.

Gonzaga. Decision. Since neither fighter is that good, can both take damage, likely take the match to the ground, and both haven't fought to a decision ina minute, I'd say they both due for a decision.

KushMoney

Rothwell via Decision +260
    Rothwell ITD +185
    Gonzaga via Decision +210
    Gonzaga ITD +135

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

"Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Loss" is, in theory, a nonsensical handicapping theorem.

Gonzaga wins, but for different reasons then that. Hopefully we both cash...

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    "Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Loss" is, in theory, a nonsensical handicapping theorem.

I think you mean "in reality".

But hey, they're due for a decision, so what do I know.

KushMoney

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post

Not really man, but like I said. Fukk capping tha fight. This shit is too obvious. Rothwell is a bad bet in Brazil.

Some athletes, teams, clubs, just fail to perform well back to back and to take notice of this can save your ass outta making bad bet.. (Betting on a team/fighter that hasn't won 2 in row in a while, See: Jim Millers next fight)

Guess I'm just too used to dealing with streaks n shit, been betting other sports and this happens wayy too often.

Goodluck.

Rothwell is a bad bet.

Sorry if I offended anyone with Units already on Rothwell... cuz We all on the same team. Fukk the books.

Sacrelicious

Nah your not offending me, I'm also on Gonzaga, heres hoping we both made it dude.

Sacrelicious

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I think you mean "in reality".

But hey, they're due for a decision, so what do I know.
    Well.... "reality" is sort of a "theory" if we are to get into fractal mathematical digressions, and perhaps some light quantum physics, but I shall refrain.....

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

So someone was saying Sarafin opened @ +145 and now he's sitting at -175 on 5D. I think I'd take a small flyer on Dolloway @ +155 for a boring 3 rd lay and pray. I get where all the love is coming from for Sarafin and it is in his backyard, but has he really done anything to warrant being the favorite in this spot?

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    Those were tough opponents. How'd he do? He's clearly been given a lot of favorable matchups to build him up as they try to expand into england... Those are his wins. The mayhems, dan millers, jorge riveras. He doesn't have many wins over current ufc fighters.. Just Stann (who's also given favorable matchups to build a military fanbase) and leben who is probably on his way out the door.
    i agree and i agree about Stann but u made it sound like he didn't fight anyone tough. Most thought he beat Sonnen and was beating hendo until the punch. Some thought he beat Wandy. I do think a lot of people including Dana hope he loses against Vitor because Silva is a terrible matchup for Bisping. Not sure many will buy it with other big bouts out there for Silva but than again maybe they would. Some love to see Bisping get his ass beat and think it is well worth the 70 bucks.

Sacrelicious

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    So someone was saying Sarafin opened @ +145 and now he's sitting at -175 on 5D. I think I'd take a small flyer on Dolloway @ +155 for a boring 3 rd lay and pray. I get where all the love is coming from for Sarafin and it is in his backyard, but has he really done anything to warrant being the favorite in this spot?
    not particlarly. I managed to get him at -120, any lower seems like a donk bet.

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by KushMoney View Post
    Sorry if I offended anyone with Units already on Rothwell... cuz We all on the same team. Fukk the books.

No worries mate. But we're not all on the same team, we're actually all after each others money. Sportsbetting is, for bettors at least, is a zero sum game. Every cent we make from gambling is basically being taken from other gamblers who bet the other side.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    No worries mate. But we're not all on the same team, we're actually all after each others money. Sportsbetting is, for bettors at least, is a zero sum game. Every cent we make from gambling is basically being taken from other gamblers who bet the other side.
    This argument hasn't been on this board for a while
    cant wait to see it happen again

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Sarafian +125 on ladbrokes for any one who can use tht book! Will probably be voided tho...could argue tht he did open a dog

Crassus

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    This argument hasn't been on this board for a while
    cant wait to see it happen again
    Am I making some sort of mistake?

oddtodd
    oddtodd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Sarafian +125 on ladbrokes for any one who can use tht book! Will probably be voided tho...could argue tht he did open a dog
    thanks for the heads up. sadly, when I logged onto my account I see that they have already limited me to 32$$ on this event, and my limits appear to be drastically down elsewhere as well. Being a tennis better fukkin sucks, if books don't like my tennis action, why do they have to limit me on every other event as well!!

The Fobfather
    The Fobfather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    I like Dolloway @ +155. I feel like those that like Sarafian are expecting a combination of much improved TDD from Sarafian and ultra quick stand ups by the refs being swayed by the Pro-Brazilian crowd.

Even if both things turn out to be true, I still think Dolloway has a solid shot. Sarafian will be much more tentative on the feet once Dolloway establishes the TD threat.

JKD
    JKD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

Nice thanks, put 100 on so it doesn't flag up as unusual. I don't think any of the other UK books have it out yet, so might be ok. I got Nurmagamedov @+125 on Paddy, and Lentz@+175 .. sometimes it's more that they're retarded than posting the up wrong I think.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by JKD View Post
    Nice thanks, put 100 on so it doesn't flag up as unusual. I don't think any of the other UK books have it out yet, so might be ok. I got Nurmagamedov @+125 on Paddy, and Lentz@+175 .. sometimes it's more that they're retarded than posting the up wrong I think.
    yeah agree

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Pedro Nobre (a flyweight) replaces Roop
    I really wanted to take alcantara against roop, I bet the odds are going to be crazy on alcantara now

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Chael Sonnen: "This is a fight well matched. Bisping is the favorite. He has more ways to win, he is a much better kickboxer and has more weapons to win. He also can win in any round or win by points. Vitor has only five minutes during which he is the most dangerous guy, but after that, it's not the same animal. I tease and make jokes about Vitor all the time because someone needs to show what a fraud and scam this guy is, but everyone also knows he is one of the most dangerous fighters in the world. In the end, I would beat Vitor Belfort up and Bisping was one of the most difficult fights of my life. So, consequently, Bisping defeats Belfort."

JKD
    JKD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

It's weird how Chael loves Bisping. I thought at the time it was because he didn't want Mike mouthing off about his TRT and fraud cases and stuff in retaliation, but he actually seems to have carried it through.

Sacrelicious

I'm not a big fan of this card for betting purposes. I have SMALL bets on Vitor, Gonzaga Sarafian and Tavares, all less then half a unit, closer to a quarter unit actually.

I will not be putting any more money on this card unless Barbosa opens with a decent line, at which point I will place a more standard sized bet on him.

I'm waiting for the Fox card, I think the plays there will be easier.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I never like wagering Bisping. But I took some at +105 and might hit it again. He wins this fight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

hmmm Belfort the dog now Sportbet and pinnacle....Sonnen's talking must of lead to some action on Michael!!!

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Not Belfort by decision is the 95% lock

i put 8 peanut butter sandwhiches on it to win 1 Big Mac

Sacrelicious

Not Belfort by decision is the 95% lock

Square bet, peanut butter rules.

Your bookie is penetrating you hard bro.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Of course, in penefockintrating sportbook.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 09-17-15 at 02:42 PM. Reason: image does not exist

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Bisping vs Vitor is one of those classic...

one of those classic fights where one fighter has no power and wants to jab his way to a decision vs the guy who wants to get inside and knock the guy's head off....I feel like I should be leaning toward Vitor but Bisping is pretty underrated....I'm torn...

can someone convince me to make a play on this?

Also, what about Rothwell vs Gonzaga? Gonzaga's more talented and explosive but Rothwell is tough and can actually take a punch....I'm leaning Rothwell because if Gonzaga gets hit it's over....

thoughts????

Sacrelicious

I'll say here what I said in the thread.

I'm not making any plays of and substantial size on any of the fights on this card, too many of them feel like toss ups to me.

I am small on Vitor, Gonzaga, Sarafian and Tavares, all for about a quarter unit, together equaling perhaps half the amount I would put on any bet I was actually confident in.

The only play I will make on this card of a reasonable size is Barboza, depending on what the line opens at.

Otherwise, I am staying away, mostly just making small bets for shits and giggles, I can not in good conscience advise any large plays on this card.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Pushing his homie Nick the Tooth big time! Dude has a great life living off of Uncle Dana!

pavellu
    pavellu's Avatar Become A Pro!

You'll be a millionaire. We'll see, nothing is 100% sure

Fenster
    Fenster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Easy money on this card. Find it funny that people say there are no good plays. IMO it's the easiest card to pick since the Nottingham card.

Fenster
    Fenster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vaughany, I will give you $25,000 in exchange for 50% equity in your bankroll.

First 12345 ... Last