frang
    frang's Avatar Become A Pro!

I saw it too. Without doubt Fed was better in all departments today. Having said that you cant argue that Murrays head to head with Fed shows Murray still to be the better player (he leads the series) but when its counted (in the majors finals) Fed pulls out the performances that Murray has yet to do. Can Murray be number 1 by the this time next year? Probably not. Will he win a major and become number 1, even if only for a short time in the future? Probably.

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by frang View Post
    I saw it too. Without doubt Fed was better in all departments today. Having said that you cant argue that Murrays head to head with Fed shows Murray still to be the better player (he leads the series) but when its counted (in the majors finals) Fed pulls out the performances that Murray has yet to do. Can Murray be number 1 by the this time next year? Probably not. Will he win a major and become number 1, even if only for a short time in the future? Probably.

Murray has got to bet Fed in some masters to ever take the #1 spot..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Remember this thread, Murray is very close!!!!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sure the next time he loses you'll start an Andy Murray will never win anything thread.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I thought Del Potro would be the new number 1 but watching Murray he has the whole package and unreal court speed. Fed was hammering the corners and Murray got to most of him. If he won third set I think he would of won match.
    This is wrong. I give up on trying to explain things to you. I doubt this thread was even serious. Hell, I don't even think you know who I am. What's the point, really?

Murray right now is neck and neck for #2 with Djokovic, and that's the way it should be. Those two are the next level down from Federer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Nadal will be back once healthy but my sleeper is Muhammad Ali's illegitimate son that Tsonga kid. He's a physical specimen. He's lacking experience and finesse but give him a year and he's going to dominate the field. He's been hampered with a bunch of injuries the past 4 or 5 years but if he get's in shape and stays healthy, I think he can move up from #10 to 1 or 2.
    This is also wrong. Tsonga is not consistent enough to be #1 or #2, nor does he have the mental game. If you're looking for a physical specimen, he and Nadal would be on top, of course. But this is tennis, not body-building.

Nadal isn't #2 because of knee issues, and Tsonga won't be, and it isn't because of injury problems.

aca
    aca's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guy is overrated!

He is fade material!

JohnAnthony
    JohnAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

yisman, thanks for taking the time to explain the current state of Tennis. This is the next sport I want to learn and get to know. Is it profitable yisman?

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did anyone watch the match??

Murray played pretty well, a few points here and there and he wins
    Ya think?????

Does you head hurt when you type mindless drivel like this???

Because mine sure does reading it!!!!

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
    yisman, thanks for taking the time to explain the current state of Tennis. This is the next sport I want to learn and get to know. Is it profitable yisman?
    Normally, it's the easiest sport to handicap for me.

I did very poorly during the Australian Open for some reason, though.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

love how coach does this every time someone beats fed or makes it to a final against him....when they are all at their best, fed owns everyone

jjgold

Fed does not own Nadal lets not kid ourselves here.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

maybe 3 years

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

Federer said that he will plays tennis untillhis daughters will be like 5, so they can see him playing..At this moment, no one is even close to federer.
    1) nadal has problems w/ injuries
    2) djokovic lacks of consistence.
    3) del potro is still young, so is murray....we can't tell for sure about these 2 guys.

Who else ? tsonga ? neah. davydenko ? too old. roddick ? why did i write his name in the first place ? verdasco ? cilic ? dont think so.

I think the ATP will be dominated by fed in the next 2 years, then rafa and nole, after that, del potro and murray...

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

New Rankings

1.Federer 11,350
    2.Djokovic 8,310
    3.Murray 7,800
    4.Nadal 7,670
    5.Del Potro 6,400

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by mihaita666 View Post
    Federer said that he will plays tennis untillhis daughters will be like 5, so they can see him playing..At this moment, no one is even close to federer.
    1) nadal has problems w/ injuries
    2) djokovic lacks of consistence.
    3) del potro is still young, so is murray....we can't tell for sure about these 2 guys.

Who else ? tsonga ? neah. davydenko ? too old. roddick ? why did i write his name in the first place ? verdasco ? cilic ? dont think so.

I think the ATP will be dominated by fed in the next 2 years, then rafa and nole, after that, del potro and murray...
    nole?

I like Murray and Djokovic the most because of what they have proven and because of their age.

Del Potro and Cilic could be up there, but the next year should tell the story.

Then there will be new youngsters on the rise.

varin18
    varin18's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cilic....maybe, but he should work a lot on his endurance

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

cilic should use his height and gave a forhand strong and fast like del otro, imo....he should also work on speed.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Murray number 1, gimme a break. He can't win when you need too. Federer is back to his dominant status and noone can stop him. There isn't much competition around.

storm70
    storm70's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fed will still be No. 1 tis 1 years, no one is even close to him,he is just goodddddddddddddddddd

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Murray has made one final---and suddenly he is on path to being the world's number one.

Yeah, right. Murray will be bounced from the French by the round of 16, and he may make a run at Wimbledon---but even there, he will be no better than a semi-finalist.

He is about as close to Federer as JJ Gold is to being a winning gambler, right JJ?

jjgold

Fed is getting older and that is huge in tennis, he loses more now than 4 years ago and the trend will continue. Tennis is for young guys. Guys Fed was a game away from losing in Qtrs dont forget that...lost first set and down a break in second.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Tennis is for young guys. Guys Fed was a game away from losing in Qtrs dont forget that...lost first set and down a break in second.
    You are a nutcase.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fed is getting older and that is huge in tennis, he loses more now than 4 years ago and the trend will continue. Tennis is for young guys. Guys Fed was a game away from losing in Qtrs dont forget that...lost first set and down a break in second.
    JJ---Federer didn't drop a set in either the semi-final or the final.

This has to be a joke.

Federer has won three of the last four grand slams, and in the last one---he didn't drop a set in the his last two matches.

jjgold

Could be right

Also have my boy Soderling getting number 1 at some point

yisman

jj?

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

andrea will never be #1 until he hikes up his skirt and quits bitching like a little girl

jjgold

Was off on this one a few ranking spots

yisman

jj, considering Murray hasn't even really moved up in the rankings since then, I'd say you were off by a lot.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Murray only played about 2 more good tournaments the entire rest of the year :-) Pretty much tanked the rest.

He was actually nearer in Wimbledon 2009 - was only two matches away from number 1 then. Now with Nadal back and hoovering up 5k points on clay alone, it's basically impossible for anyone else to pass him.

jjgold

I might be a 1yr off

He is COMING

TennisProFrance
    TennisProFrance's Avatar Become A Pro!

Djokovic and his best mate (and best man at his wedding) Murray will have some interesting battles over the next 12 months for sure, they will probably pull away now. Murray needs to overcome his choking in slam finals but if he can do this he can start to establish himself as number 1 in time. Djokovic may take time to regain his level, Nadal may never regain it and Fed. is probably behind the curve right now. Interesting times.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by TennisProFrance View Post
    Djokovic and his best mate (and best man at his wedding) Murray will have some interesting battles over the next 12 months for sure, they will probably pull away now. Murray needs to overcome his choking in slam finals but if he can do this he can start to establish himself as number 1 in time. Djokovic may take time to regain his level, Nadal may never regain it and Fed. is probably behind the curve right now. Interesting times.
    Not his best man. Silly rumour. But I do think Murray has a good chance of becoming #2 unless Nadal pulls it together.

From his press conference today:

Q. Rumors that Djokovic is going to have his wedding very soon and named you as the best man of his wedding.
    ANDY MURRAY: No, he hasn’t. I don’t know where that came from.

Q. That’s not true?
    ANDY MURRAY: No.

jjgold

Shari you love gossip

I also do not know where you are telling people am fukkin you

I AM NOT...well not yet

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178