relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14062

this is the scariest place out there --- because of 1 person --- why would anyone play there --- god knows he can do anything he wants with your money --- and from time to time will tell people just that. if you are using your brain and figure out how to beat him your a cheat --- but somehow this place is rated A. if you hit them big you are always accussed of stealing from god himself. he will say your stealing 'his money'.what kind of deal is there to look the other way at all these individual cases of theft by a self proposed god. how about people stop depositing there and let them know why. 1 guy. how much money lost by 5dimes will it take before he is gone. people have to stop overlooking what this guy does just because they have lots of props and reduced juice. plenty of other places where you can win. and not be accused of anything.

BewareOf5Dimes
    BewareOf5Dimes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anybody ever heard of this guy? I bet him, too. Was this a bad line, Tony? Could this guy ever win the PGA?

55637565-15
    8/9/10 2:18pm
    $10.00
    $4,750.00

Pending
    8/12/10 7:00am Golf Major +47500 USPGA Championship - Danny Willett

I a few decent players, too.

55639835-1
    8/9/10 3:27pm
    $125.00
    $4,125.00

Pending
    8/12/10 7:00am Golf Major +3300 USPGA Championship - Retief

BewareOf5Dimes

How about this guy? I bet him a few weeks before before the PGA and he got injured and didn't even play.

54508743-8
    7/19/10 8:09pm
    $60.00
    $5,100.00

Pending
    7/22/10 12:00am Golf PGA +8500 US PGA Championship - Robert Allenby

55231683-1
    8/2/10 8:59pm
    $20.00
    $2,200.00

Pending
    8/5/10 12:00am Golf PGA +11000 US PGA Championship 2010 - Robert Allenby

BewareOf5Dimes

Funny, out of well over 100 plays I only got contacted about one on Sunday, and that guy happened to be up 3 shots. He didn't have a problem with these plays.

Pending
    7/22/10 12:00am Golf PGA +15000 US PGA Championship - Heath Slocum
    54508743-16
    $30.00
    $5,400.00

Pending
    7/22/10 12:00am Golf PGA +18000 US PGA Championship - Soren Hansen
    54508743-17
    $30.00
    $5,400.00

Pending
    7/22/10 12:00am Golf PGA +18000 US PGA Championship - Soren Kjeldsen
    54508743-18
    $20.00
    $3,600.00

Pending
    7/22/10 12:00am Golf PGA +18000 US PGA Championship - Thongchai Jaidee
    54508743-15
    $40.00
    $6,000.00

55635631-20
    8/9/10 1:29pm
    $10.00
    $7,500.00

Pending
    8/12/10 7:00am Golf Major +75000 USPGA Championship - Colin Montgomerie
    55635631-21
    $10.00
    $7,500.00

Pending
    8/12/10 7:00am Golf Major +75000 USPGA Championship - Corey Pavin
    55635631-22
    $10.00
    $7,750.00

Pending
    8/12/10 7:00am Golf Major +77500 USPGA Championship - Troy Matteson

There are over 100 more. Some terrible odds for me and some decent. Am I not allowed to bet good lines? Or am I only allowed to bet guys who can't win?
    Last edited by BewareOf5Dimes; 09-10-10 at 10:53 PM.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

In my opinion if the book puts the line up and you take it. They should honor it. It is there responsibility to ensure the lines are correct. Now I do understand that under certain circumstances that if the line is downright outragious then yes. It should be adjusted. I'm curious as to what other books had this betting line set at?

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

The 20-1 odds on Watney to finish top 20 was an error line. He is ranked #31 in the world. Finished in the top 10 in two of the last three majors gonig into the PGA.

Its unfortunate that 5Dimes caught this error line on Sunday and not before Thur. However, the rules are clear. They have the right to adjust error lines even after the event is over.

BewareOf5Dimes

That may be true, but I had never bet a top 20 in my life. And I had never heard of Nick Watney until the week before. Also, I found out that Nick Watney had missed the cut both times he had played in the PGA.

If it was a bad line then they had plenty of time to catch it. They adjusted the line each time I bet. I bet at 20-1 and then bet again at 15-1. After I bet the second time they adjusted the line to 10-1.

This was Tuesday, and the tournmant didn't start until Thursday. Of course, when Watney is up 3 on Sunday morning I cannot log into my account.

The guy Tony is an idiot. He can see all of my plays. I had even bet horses in April and lost. He can see all of my plays. If it was a bad line then he took a shot at me. That is how it works. I even tried to deposit another $100 the night before the final round in order to hedge against a few of my plays to win it all. Now, if I was taking a shot why would I contact chat and ask about depositing another 100 to cover some plays. I was making sure they wouldn't try to put a hold on my cash out since I was going to use my card to play the 100. If I thought it was a bad line I would have been quiet as a mouse and not tempting fate.

I know they are scammers so I asked chat spefically if it would effect my PGA plays that I used with ** deposited funds. I knew I was going to cash with Watney. Turns out he choked and tied for 18th, but they still cheated me out of about 3K.

If the idiot would have waited until after the round he might have done the right thing and made a lot of money off me in the future. Sorry about your luck, Tony. You took a shot and it backfired. Will not ever deposit with you.
    Last edited by BewareOf5Dimes; 09-10-10 at 11:07 PM.

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

The line was bad. I don't see an issue here other than how you were perceived, but in his eyes you were taking a shot.

Show the history of a book with comparable odds and this is a different story. Do any exist?

BewareOf5Dimes

It doesn't matter whether the line was bad. When I bet I thought it was good. I bet, they adjusted the line, and I bet again later that day. They adjusted the line again. This was Tuesday. They didn't start until Thursday.

I bet many many players multiple times, including people I had never heard of. If you think that Tony didn't take a shot at me then you are crazy. I guess he wakes up Sunday when Watney is up 3 and then realizes that he doesn't want the play.

Do I get the play changed or canceled if Watney had missed the cut? Answer me that. There is no way in life that if Watney misses the cut that they have a problem. They adjusted the line each time I bet a full two days before the start. They knew the plays were made at the odds they were made. They took a shot and thought they were going to lose so Tony changed the play after they started Sunday.

The reason I signed up with 5Dimes is because I wanted to have fun with Golf Props. They have tons of lines. Some are good and some are not so good. I know there were many guys I have heard of...world class players, who were the same odds as Watney when I bet.

If it was a bad line then Tony would have NEVER deleted the archives with the original play. Why would he do that if he didn't want the truth to be known?

He deleted the archives during our chat, but I had already copied them. I copied the chat, too. It may have been a bad line, but it was not an obviously bad line, and it certainly wasn't an obviously bad line to me or I wouldn't have bet it. I know the scammer Tony has done this to people before, so why would I risk it with this loser with my money?

His actions speak loudly. His first words were accusing me and he then deleted the archives. Sorry Tony, you are a loser, even if it was a bad line on your end, it was not an obviously bad line to me, and you adjusted the lines twice.....two days before the tourny started.

100 percent chance that the bet stands if Watney misses the cut.....100 percent!
    Last edited by BewareOf5Dimes; 09-10-10 at 11:17 PM.

brxbmbers42
    brxbmbers42's Avatar Become A Pro!

i played with them for about a week a couple months ago. tony is a grade A piece of sh1t. would never give that place another dime of my business

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

those two post defending 5dimes are 5dime employees

brxbmbers42

Quote Originally Posted by BewareOf5Dimes View Post
    Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'Maggie'
    Maggie: Hello. How may I assist you today?
    Eric: I can't log into my account. It says to speak to Tony.
    Maggie: Ok, just a moment please
    Please wait while I transfer the chat to 'Tony'.
    You are now chatting with 'Tony'
    Tony: i'm the general manager
    Tony: allow me a moment to pull up your account
    Tony: you're quite the shot taker when people make line mistakes
    Eric: What do you mean....
    Tony: how many have slipped thru that we haven't caught?
    Tony: exactly what i said
    Tony: i don't know how i could phrase it any differently
    Eric: Don't know what you mean. Playing cray golf plays...play as many as possible
    Eric: No woods...now els, no michelson.
    Tony: Paul Casey to wins at 425/1 when he should have been 42/1
    Tony: how often do you try those and they slip thru?
    Tony: nick watney +2000 to finish in the top 20 when it should be 2/1
    Tony: this happen all the time, is just a new recent thing with you?
    Eric: Play canceled. He had the flu on his twiiter....that play looked too high odds but his twiiter said sick so I thought he woudlnt play maybe
    Tony: so 50/1 to win the tournament, but 20/1 to finish in the top 20 ?
    Tony: i think you're smarter than what you're saying
    Tony: about time to move up to my level of thinking here
    Eric: I bet a TON of golf bets.....some bad odds and some good. Check them out...some terrible plays. I had oosthazed fo $10 last month....wish I hd more on him
    Tony: i'm only talking about two golf selections right now
    Tony: i'm stated them
    Tony: you want to talk about any others after i'm done talking about these two, then we'll discuss them
    Eric: Hold on one second...checking something.
    Eric: Here is Paul Casey twiitter
    Eric: http://yfrog.com/9fqfmfj Simon Dyson and myself contemplating the old school visor look this week. 3:31 PM Aug 9th via TweetDeck .http://yfrog.com/59qe8qj My custom Nike Dunks for the PGA this week. Thanks @nikegolf 1:19 PM Aug 9th via TweetDeck .Not feeling great today. Either allergies or sinus problems. Trying to sort it out so I'm good for the rest of the week. 12:46 PM Aug 9th via TweetDeck
    Tony: i could care less about twitter
    Tony: 5Dimes general rules: "Immediately upon discovery, wagers placed on an event with an obvious erroneous line resulting from human error will be graded no action. If a wager with an erroneous line is not voided before play begins, 5Dimes reserves the right to remedy the odds to a fair market price which would have been available at the time the wager was placed. This price remedy may be applied during or after an event. Only the odds will be corrected on an erroneous line. The risk amount, applicable spread and total will always remain unchanged. A player will never benefit from betting on a clear erroneous line. Repeat offenders will not be tolerated."
    Eric: When I saw the Paul casey odds I checkd for inuries and found his twitter saying he wwas sick. The play was cancedled by you
    Tony: that is correct
    Tony: and the other one was overlooked by my staff
    Tony: i caught it this morning
    Eric: I have casey at bad odds now....I bet him a few times and I kept the bad odds
    Eric: Casey cannot win
    Tony: so at the time you bet casey at 425/1, you thought those odds were perfectly fine?
    Eric: I don't have him anyways.
    Eric: Eupopeans in the PGA are bad odds. There were a few guys at long odds. I have a few at 700 to one to win
    Tony: so at the time you bet casey at 425/1, you thought those odds were perfectly fine?
    Eric: Even have Jason Duffner at minus 8 at 600 or so I think
    Tony: so i ask one last time.... so at the time you bet casey at 425/1, you thought those odds were perfectly fine?
    Eric: When I am looking at the odds I am looking for the best bets...some are high and some low. A few will always stand out. I just bet a bunch of lays as you can see. I liked Ricky Barnes for some reason and he was absolutely terrible
    Tony: when you're ready to answer my question that i've asked 3 times, you let me know
    Tony: i'll be right here
    Eric: I liked Jimenez too and Charles Howell who is a joke...shouldn't bet him
    Eric: I have been playing this golf since July. Bet a bunch of people for British Open.....bet big numbers....got lucky with $10 on Oosthazen.....at 450 to 1....then I started betting every week...no Tiger Woods...No Phil michelson...No Ernie Els. Bet a few long shots and mostly mid-rangers.....every week. The plays are there....was leading up to the PGA
    Tony: you still haven't answered my question
    Eric: What specific question
    Tony: you don't to continue to waste time saying things that do not pertain in any way to what I asked
    Tony: ok, 4th try.....
    Tony: "so at the time you bet casey at 425/1, you thought those odds were perfectly fine?"
    Tony: its a yes or no answer
    Eric: Yes....I checked Twitter and he had posted he was sick.....plus he is euro, so I figured if he played it was still worth the long odds. Turned out I would have been wrong.
    Tony: watney to win the tournament is 50/1
    Tony: top 5 was around 8/1
    Eric: I got him.
    Tony: top 10 was around 4/1
    Tony: and you found top 20 at 20/1
    Tony: what price do you think it should have been?
    Eric: I got him at 15 and 20 for top 20
    Tony: what price do you think it should have been?
    Eric: I think he was the only top 20 I have ever bet. Seemed like a good bet so I bet
    Tony: to win was 50/1
    Tony: top 5 was 8/1
    Tony: top 10 was 4/1
    Tony: and what price do you think top 20 should have been?
    Eric: I got him three times for 10 to 40 bucks at those prices.
    Tony: and what price do you think top 20 should have been?
    Eric: I scroll each group of plays. I have a big list of players I try to bet...no Tiger....no big favorites....looking to bigger odds
    Tony: when you're ready to directly answer my questions, you let me know
    Tony: i'm done wasting time in this chat with your avoidance of answering simple questions
    Eric: When I scrolled the top 5 and top 10 and top 20 I am just lookng for plays to stand out as better value.
    Tony: i didn't ask that
    Tony: i asked a simple question
    Tony: so answer it
    Eric: I don't know what odds other than what I see...then I try to compare the players and go with decent plays, but I still bet idiots like Jimenex and Howell and Bettencourt
    Eric: I bet Corey Pavin and Colin Montgomerie too
    Eric: What are you tryong to do here?
    Tony: get an answer to a simple question
    Tony: what do you think top 20 should have been?
    Eric: I don't have an idea of what odds I was looking for when I scrolled. I am just looking for something to catch my eye. Honestly.
    Tony: so you don't have the ability to make a guess on the answer to my question?
    Eric: I haven't bet this golf like this before. Never knew you could bet top 20 and I wathced this for four days so I am pretty disappointed here.
    Eric: When I looked last night I was going to bet the two guys I didn't have Simon Dyson and Simon Khan because they were hundreds to one and 6 under
    Tony: so you don't have the ability to make a guess on the answer to my question?
    Eric: The Watney top 20 should be lower than the win. WHen I bet I did not know how much lower, but I figured good bet even though I found out he missed the cut in previous two PGA's
    Tony: to wins was 50/1
    Tony: and top 20 ?
    Eric: I have him to win and top 20
    Tony: i didn't ask what you had
    Tony: i can look up all your wagers
    Tony: i didn't ask what you had
    Eric: When I bet the top 20 it was 20 to one, then the bet was 15-1
    Tony: you seem to keep answering questions that i don't ask
    Eric: After I bet the second the bet was 10-1, so the odds were being adjusted
    Eric: What do you want to do? Are you trying to let me know on the last day of a golf bet that you are disputing my plays and calling me a cheat?
    Tony: cheat?
    Tony: i'm calling you a shot taker
    Tony: line was bad
    Tony: we both know it
    Tony: "Immediately upon discovery, wagers placed on an event with an obvious erroneous line resulting from human error will be graded no action. If a wager with an erroneous line is not voided before play begins, 5Dimes reserves the right to remedy the odds to a fair market price which would have been available at the time the wager was placed. This price remedy may be applied during or after an event. Only the odds will be corrected on an erroneous line. The risk amount, applicable spread and total will always remain unchanged. A player will never benefit from betting on a clear erroneous line. Repeat offenders will not be tolerated."
    Tony: this rule is getting enforced

Eric: Go ahead and try to cheat me out of all my plays then. You will pay my bets...you cannot disable my account on the last day that I am playing and tell me I had a bad line...that is Bullshit!
    Tony: "Immediately upon discovery, wagers placed on an event with an obvious erroneous line resulting from human error will be graded no action. If a wager with an erroneous line is not voided before play begins, 5Dimes reserves the right to remedy the odds to a fair market price which would have been available at the time the wager was placed. This price remedy may be applied during or after an event. Only the odds will be corrected on an erroneous line. The risk amount, applicable spread and total will always remain unchanged. A player will never benefit from betting on a clear erroneous line. Repeat offenders will not be tolerated."
    Tony: you had a chance to come up with a fair price for the wager
    Tony: you're playing hardass, so now i'll just give you any price I feel is fair
    Tony: you get zero input
    Tony: good job of really making sure there's no concession of anything on this one
    Eric: Let me know where my plans stand so I can make my next decision. I will play fair with you and not go to the message boards every day for life, but you ust be honest and reasonable with me and not cheat me out of my plays
    Eric: Why is the line bad?
    Tony: you go ahead, i love threats, and i love message boards, only makes me more popular
    Eric: 201 to top 20 seemd like a good bet...not a bad line to me
    Tony: what should top 20 be?
    Eric: 20-1 seemed like a good bet, and in fairness you adjusted the line
    Tony: well, you can't answer the question
    Tony: so we'll go with the price of 2/1
    Eric: I don't think Ihad ever bet a top 20 before...ever.....don't know...just scrolled the lines. There were a few guys at 20-1 with equal playing ability
    Tony: since any 3rd grader could follow the progression
    Tony: yet you can't
    Tony: so its solved
    Eric: That is not what I bet, and it is not fair for you to come to me on th elast tday and tell me I took a shot, when it looks the other way more than me. What the heck kind of a shot can I take?
    Eric: You are going to end up costing yourself future business. Look at all of the horses I bet an d terrible bad golf bets. Why would you accuse me of cheating. There are hunderds of bad plays there...just having funwith the golf
    Eric: How can yo look at my plays and call me a shot take.....I bet every goof golfer on theplanet...Corey Pavin to win? I gave away money
    Eric: It is fair that my plays stand. I had no intentions of taking a shot. Most of my plays are at bad odds. They are right in front of you for two months.....betting tons of guys
    Tony: 20/1 should have been 2/1
    Tony: anyone with any common sense can see that
    Tony: takes you and hour of endless nonsense and still you can't see it
    Tony: while i should repunch the wagers at 2/1
    Tony: there were other golfers at 50/1 to win that were around +250 on the top 20
    Tony: so i'm punching the wagers at a price of +300
    Tony: you do whatever you think you need to do with my decision
    Eric: I am disappointed in this situation, and I think the play should stand at 20-1. I may take a concession, bat somepoint you need to be fair to me. The guy missed his only two PGA cuts
    Tony: "5Dimes reserves the right to remedy the odds to a fair market price which would have been available at the time the wager was placed. "
    Tony: you think +2000 was a "fair market price" ?
    Eric: When I bet there were some guys at that price that seemed reasonable. I honestly thought the bet looked like a decent wager, but not a bad line. Honeslty. I heard of you getting into battles with people...why would I go down that road...lol
    Tony: you already have
    Tony: you think +2000 was a "fair market price" ?
    Eric: How about my Ricky Barnes top 5 bet for $195? He missed the cut. I bet Nick Wtney BEFORE the event started. he had MISSED the cut in his previous two PGA majors the prevoous years
    Tony: were the prices at "fair market price" at the time you bet it?
    Eric: I bet Nick Watney top 20 at 20-1
    Tony: were the prices at "fair market price" at the time you bet it?
    Eric: Do you have ascreenshot of the list when I bet? I think there were a number of guys at 20-1. I picked Watney
    Tony: i'm sure there were
    Eric: After I bet at 20-1 the line was adjusted to 15-1, and then I saw it at 10-1
    Tony: and all those guys at 20/1 to finish in the top 20 were 500/1 to win the tournament, not 50/1
    Eric: You know you have tons of props. When I am betting you can see how I bet.....I bet three times at Firestone ** two days in a row. The lines adjust
    Tony: i see when a line should be 2/1 and we have it at 20/1, you're all over it
    Tony: that is what i see
    Eric: I understand where you are coming from, but remember, this is the final day, and what are the odds that the guy I played is up 3 in the major? It was a fluke thing. He missed the cut in two previous PGA's and I thought the line was good...truly.
    Tony: "5Dimes reserves the right to remedy the odds to a fair market price which would have been available at the time the wager was placed. "
    Tony: that rule is on the site
    Tony: do you understand what it means?
    Eric: You have lots of rights, I am sure. I am telling you that when I made the bet it was afiar bet. I have tons and tons of plays...many look good and many look bad. In hindsight, some look good because the players played well, and others looked bad. Did Corey Pavin have a chance to win the PGA? Do you really think so?
    Tony: i care about odds
    Tony: i don't care about your twitter opinions
    Tony: math is all that is backing this problem
    Tony: someone put a zero where it didn't belong
    Eric: I was planning on playing all the way through football..and more golf. Why are you holding me up when I wanted to watch this golf for the 4th day?
    Tony: you took a shot at it
    Tony: i'm enforcing my rule
    Tony: you could have answered simple questions over an hour ago
    Tony: you chose to "play dumb"
    Tony: and that is why we are still here
    Eric: I saw the odds should stand. You say they should be less. Why did not someone call me earlier before the tourney started. I bet this two days before.
    Tony: i've already stated i discovered this in the AM today
    Tony: if it had been discovered before play began, it would have been voided immediately
    Eric: I did not take a shot. The play should stand. Why should I believe your story when the tourney has gone on all four days and this guys is up 3 and the bet cannot lose at this point.
    Tony: you took a shot
    Tony: period
    Eric: No way...check my plays.
    Tony: 20/1 is not 2/1
    Tony: we're done here
    what a fukkin piece of shit tony is. i cant believe anyone would play with that book

brxbmbers42

Quote Originally Posted by trumpdown View Post
    The line was bad. I don't see an issue here other than how you were perceived, but in his eyes you were taking a shot.

Show the history of a book with comparable odds and this is a different story. Do any exist?
    go sukk tony's dikk

trumpdown

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    those two post defending 5dimes are 5dime employees
    I'm not defending him. Nor do I gain anything by stating a bad line is a bad line. Name a book that honors bad lines. Not many exist. And others will limit or boot if you complain about it. Not much he can do here unfortunately. God has spoken.

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

If a line is bad the book should adjust and send the bettor an email explaining it. No need to verbally attack someone.

BewareOf5Dimes

1) I bet Nick Watney to finish in the top 20 at odds of 20-1 and 15-1. This was Tuesday. The lines adjusted down to 10-1.

2) Tournament starts Thursday.

3) Sunday morning Watney is leading by 3 and he looks like a cinch to finish in top 20.

4) I try to log into account...can't log in...it says to speak to Tony.

5) Tony immediately calls me a shot taker and deletes the archives of the original bet, then changed the plays for 20-1 and 15-1 down to 3-1.

6) Watney somehow collapses and finishes tied for 18th, but I still was cheated of of thousands because I got the bad odds.

7) Almost funny that the scammer Tony would have been better off waiting until the day was over....then he would have been better off just paying the lesser amount because of the tie, and he would have had me as a customer for 30 years.

8) He is a loser and the facts are the facts.

9) Zero chance that he has a problem with the play if Watney misses the cut.

10) Very high chance they knew about the play all along, even if they discovered it was a bad line before the tourney started. They let the play go....they took a shot, and when it looked like they couldn't win they then decided to disable my account.

11) Have fun, Tony. You are a loser.

12) I am willing to risk my pending plays to let people know about this punk Tony. I have about $1,300 in pending plays in the NFL Futures and one NCAA Future, but the truth needs to be told.

13) Tony is scum.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Perhaps Tony doesn't have the best people skills. I don't know. I do think that 5dimes is a decent book. It is sad that many players will not play there because of this guy Tony. Maybe he will change the way he interacts with his customers before it hurts business anymore. It does appear that it is hurting 5dimes business according to what I have heard from posters in this thread saying they won't play a 5dimes because of him.

bluefish
    Update your status
    bluefish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tony sucks chupacabra dik all night long. He probably is 5'4 and most females are taller.

brxbmbers42

What is this bad line being set. Its a bunch of fukking people whose sole existence is running a sportsbook. taking bets. setting lines. how do they make a bad line. i call BS

brxbmbers42

all kidding aside i have heard tony is a really big gaywod. just sayin

BewareOf5Dimes

Even if it was a bad line, the facts are the facts, and it was not a bad line to me or else I would not bet it, since I know that Tony gets in these battles all the time.

Also, you don't know how abusive it is to bet the PGA futures for over a month, and then watch it everyday all day long, and then by a miracle have a guy like Watney up 3 heading into Sunday....only to be frozen out of your account and have your play deleted, without any reason at all....just accusations.

I also bet over 100 guys to win. It was a long day that I had no shot of enjoying once the day started. To top it off, I needed Bubba Watson to win in the playoff.....had him three separate bets at over 100-1 each time.....was going to take down over 8K if he wins. I had Kaymer who won, but it was less than half.

Even worse than that was I was so disgusted with everything that I rolled over the money to the next weeks PGA events and lost. So, now I have my future plays remaining, but he will never get another deposit from me.

I was just trying to kill time during the long summer....waiting for football. This guy Tony just doesn't go about things the right way, because even if he thinks he is right, he doesn't put himself in the position of the person betting. He thinks because he can delete your plays and change your bets that he is always right.

He is wrong this time. Have a fun season Tony, you Moron.
    Last edited by BewareOf5Dimes; 09-10-10 at 11:53 PM.

brxbmbers42

Even if it was a bad line, the facts are the facts, and it was not a bad line to me or else I would not bet it, since I know that Tony gets in these battles all the time.

Also, you don't know how abusive it is to bet the PGA futures for over a month, and then watch it everyday all day long, and then by a miracle have a guy like Watney up 3 heading into Sunday....only to be frozen out of your account and have your play deleted, without any reason at all....just accusations.

I also bet over 100 guys to win. It was a long day that I had no shot of enjoying once the day started. To top it off, I needed Bubba Watson to win in the playoff.....had him three separate bets at over 100-1 each time.....was going to take down over 8K if he wins. I had Kaymer who won, but it was less than half.

Even worse than that was I was so disgusted with everything that I rolled over the money to the next weeks PGA events and lost. So, now I have my future plays remaining, but he will never get another deposit from me.

I was just trying to kill time during the long summer....waiting for football. This guy Tony just doesn't go about things the right way, because even if he thinks he is right, he doesn't put himself in the position of the person betting. He thinks because he can delete your plays and change your bets that he is always right.

He is wrong this time. Have a fun season Tony, you Moron.
    you have to remember. he is "god"

trumpdown

Quote Originally Posted by brxbmbers42 View Post
    What is this bad line being set. Its a bunch of fukking people whose sole existence is running a sportsbook. taking bets. setting lines. how do they make a bad line. i call BS
    You haven't bet offshore long or aren't paying attention. Bad lines occur all the time, especially on props and in-play wagering. This could be a simple data entry error. I see bad lines all the time. I never bet them (except exchanges) due specifically for the problems OP is having now.

If you can find comparable odds with another book then I would file a complaint and you should have a solid case.

The problem is which other books have these type of prop line sets?
    Last edited by trumpdown; 09-11-10 at 12:07 AM.

austin
    austin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

would be good to hear what sbr has to say about it...
    you just need to stay low profile and recreational with 5dimes, rather than pound their weak lines. they are a useful book no matter what they say about tony

makaveli66
    makaveli66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

If this shit is true, than Tony is a f\*g and should pay the original price. Even if it was a mistake, it's THEIR mistake.

TheBeautifulGame
    Y.N.W.A.
    TheBeautifulGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1102

Either way,if you knew or not does not matter, he should just say:

"We apologise for the inconvenience but a mistake was made by a member of staff and the odds you took at 20/1 were actually 2/1, this a a bad line and we have the right to adjust it in accordance with our rules, again, apologies for the inconvenience caused"

Not act like a prick and treat you like a piece of dirt.

TheBeautifulGame
    Y.N.W.A.
    TheBeautifulGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1102

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli66 View Post
    If this shit is true, than Tony is a f\*g and should pay the original price. Even if it was a mistake, it's THEIR mistake.

I agree with this too. It's not up to be the bettor to ensure the odds are right. Tony says, so you think that xyz to finish in the top 20 is 20/1 when to win the tournament the odds are 50/1, you think thats correct yadda yadda yadda.

DON'T YOU THINK YOUR STAFF SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT TONY!

brxbmbers42

Quote Originally Posted by trumpdown View Post
    You haven't bet offshore long or aren't paying attention. Bad lines occur all the time, especially on props and in-play wagering. This could be a simple data entry error. I see bad lines all the time. I never bet them due specifically for the problems OP is having now.
    ive been playing offshore for a very long time. with the greek. not some piece of sh1t book like your 5 dimes pal.

brxbmbers42

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli66 View Post
    definitely agree with the f\*g part

BewareOf5Dimes

There is a big difference between an obvious bad line and a line that is only obvious to those setting the line. The Cleveland Browns being favored by 8 at The Pittsburgh Steelers is a bad line, but I bet you could ask 50 people right now what the odds on Watney should be to finish in the top 20 at the PGA, and I would guess that only 2 people would have even heard of the guy, let alone be able to tell you what his odds should be to finish in the top 20.

The line was good....to me. It looked like a line that was worth betting, so I bet. World Class players had the same odds as him to finish in the top 20.....I picked Watney because I had noticed him the week before at Firestone......he finished in the top 15 or so.

I have copies of all of my plays.....well over 100 of them. They have so many props and they adjust the odds when people bet so when you are scrolling you are looking for the best odds.....and you bet when you see good odds.....not a bad line.

I bet this on Tuesday and they adjusted the lines twice on Tuesday. The tourney didn't start till Thursday. My guy is leading by 3 on Sunday and I cannot log into the account.

Even if they think the line was bad they handled it 100 percent wrong and offered nothing but accusations. That is why I suggest avoiding this GOOF Tony. Did you read the part about when I tried to cash out my British Open play? I had $10 on Ooshazen and I had deposited by **, but they made me go to Kinkos 5-6 times on a Sunday and made me fax my Credit Card and Driver's license info time and time again......the credit card deposit from from months earlier but they wouldn't pay me my British Open money until they had ruined my Sunday running back and forth like an idiot.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

I always tell people on here to report bad lines, and not take shots by betting them. This is what can happen. At any book. It sounds like you didn't know about the bad line, but Tony (5Dimes) has the right to adjust to fair lines, they even have it posted in the rules. Tony probably didn't handle in the best possible way, LoL!!! But we have grown to know Tony as being that way.

5Dimes is a great book, just don't be foul there or you will get this treatment.

Hell I got accuse of screen scraping. http://www.sportsbookreview.com/forum/players-ta...-scraping.html
    Never knew the term until Tony told me about it. LoL!!! He didn't act like a asshole to me that day, just asked if I had a program refreshing lines. I must of hit the "refresh" link one to many times that day. He told me to wait a minute, and he reactivated my account. Now I don't even touch that "refresh" link. Other then this mishap, I haven't had any problems in about 5 or so years there.

BewareOf5Dimes

All I know is that is Watney had missed the cut I would have never been contacted. I know that as sure as I am sitting here. I also know that the line looked like a good line when I bet it....on Tuesday. So I bet $250. I waited and checked later and I bet another $250 at
    15-1 since they adjusted the line.

After my second bet I noticed the line was 10-1, so someone was adjusting the line. The bet has to stand, since the tournament doesn't start until two days later. Why didn't I just empty the whole account into it? If the line was truly supposed to be 2-1, and maybe it was, then why not play everything at 20-1, or even play everything at 10-1.

The way it all played out was WRONG. That is all that I know. If Tony wants to be a scumbag and cost himself future business then he will continue to be an abrasive loser and treat people this way.

I held out going to the forums long enough. I am risking $1,300 in future bets with this jerk. Maybe most of his transactions with players go off without a hitch, but I know that they made me jump through hours worth of hoops to get paid on my British Open bet, and then they put me through the ringer like I have never seen on the last day of the PGA.

It won't happen to me again. Take that to the bank.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

All I know is that is Watney had missed the cut I would have never been contacted. I know that as sure as I am sitting here. I also know that the line looked like a good line when I bet it....on Tuesday. So I bet $250. I waited and checked later and I bet another $250 at
    15-1 since they adjusted the line.

After my second bet I noticed the line was 10-1, so someone was adjusting the line. The bet has to stand, since the tournament doesn't start until two days later. Why didn't I just empty the whole account into it? If the line was truly supposed to be 2-1, and maybe it was, then why not play everything at 20-1, or even play everything at 10-1.

The way it all played out was WRONG. That is all that I know. If Tony wants to be a scumbag and cost himself future business then he will continue to be an abrasive loser and treat people this way.

I held out going to the forums long enough. I am risking $1,300 in future bets with this jerk. Maybe most of his transactions with players go off without a hitch, but I know that they made me jump through hours worth of hoops to get paid on my British Open bet, and then they put me through the ringer like I have never seen on the last day of the PGA.

It won't happen to me again. Take that to the bank.
    Let me get those 12 points bud. Thanks for telling us your story.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

if it was suppose to be 2 to 1 then why would they correct the mistake by making the line 15 to 1 and then 10 to 1 instead of making the correction from 20 to 1 to 2 to 1.

BewareOf5Dimes

Mikail, betpoints? You can have them. How do I give them to you?

First 12345 ... Last