BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think this shit book is robbing her and it shouldnt be tolerated. Sickem SBR

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17021

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    BOL situation was an interpretation of one wager that with the help of SBR was resolved. Over and done with.

In case of Beted there are now two known cases, combining for roughly 25K, and many settled wagers, where the book retroactively confiscated winnings. The players didn't commit fraud, and the book would certainly have kept the accounts in good standing had the players lost. And it did so, as long as they didn't request a payout. How is that not blatantly dishonest?
    Really??? I think you need to re-read both BetEd cases, because both players clearly attempted to defraud. I dislke BetEd's bookmaking practices too, but the players bear the brunt of the blame in these two matters.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I suppose it depends on your definition of fraud.

Enron was fraud.

The sexygamblerchick scenario is not fraud. The account was created in CR. This was a mistake. When he realized this, the player should then have created a new account from the US, but he apparently thought it was enough to have his bets placed from the US. If this is fraud, then any US player currently playing at Pinnacle is also committing fraud. But I doubt the pros that play at Pinny will see it that way. It's simply a way to get around certain legalities that come and go with shifting political winds.

The other case is similar. Again, the player made a mistake by signing up, under a friend's name, from the same computer or household. That would be fraud, if it was done for the purpose of bonus scamming. But that was not the case (the tiny Beted bonus is only added after rollover is completed). It was done for the sole purpose of circumventing limits. Not a crime, not cheating, just a way to get a bet down. Of course you can create an account under someone else's name. It's widely practiced. How do you think Billy Walters gets his bets down? Circumventing limits is not fraud, and certainly not when the limit is $25. lol

Both players could have played it smarter. But they didn't. And Beted stole their money because it could disguise this lack of attention to detail, in otherwise innocent mistakes, as 'fraud'. The only fraud these players committed is that they won.

Both players were too nonchalant. But their intent never was to steal. They just wanted to get their bets down. Compare this to Beted. This book only cited the rule when payouts were requested. Until then, there was no 'fraud'. They were watching these accounts all the way. Their intent was always to steal. It ads up to two careless players, and one fraudulent book.

It will happen again. At this very moment, how many players in similar situations are being preyed upon by Beted? I don't care if I stand alone in this criticism, but not standing up to this type of fraud is a black eye for SBR.

(typically lost in this type of argument is the fact that it shouldn't make any difference to a book who accepts their bet offers. Why would they offer the same bet to Johnny but not to Jacky? It makes no sense at all.)
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 04-16-10 at 12:41 PM.

triqy
    triqy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

wow not this thread again, although it is classic

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

damn, sounds like a false story, but innocent until proven guilty.

Frogger
    Frogger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just read this whole thing and feel like i deserve a medal.

If this happened at CRIS or Greek she would have been paid.

Dark Horse nailed this one & BetEd as always was looking for any excuse not to pay found one.

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great thread. I agree with darkhorse.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

If I had an account with BetEd, I would have closed it a long time ago after reading all these threads of BetED trying to stiff their customers.

Clearly, BetEd can NOT be trusted and if enough players close their accounts and specifically reference all of these SBR threads, then BetEd will have no choice but to change their ways or go out of business.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17021

2 things to learn here:

1) If you're going to cheat, do so at A Books where they'll probably pay you to leave.

2) Stay away from BetEd if you don't intend to follow their rules.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Just for ha ha's.

Laz
    disconnected
    Laz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Don't know how long I just spent on this entire thread but it was worth every second.......EPIC!

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McIrish View Post
    My guess is it's an employee at another book, maybe someone on stage or involved at another level beyond just being a clerk. They do this all the time. I remember the year Vick broke his leg in preseason, the guys at Rio were watching the game and hammered the Falcons season over/under wins before the boys at Cascade changed it. Might have been the other way but that was the two books involved, huge thread over at the RX about it. My point is it's not uncommon at all for books (or their employees) to show each other up or take advantage of each other if they can. Guys at a sharp book who know what they are doing lick their lips when they see soft or slow moving lines just like everyone else. They create accounts (knowing they aren't supposed to) in their sister, mother, cousin or anyone else's name they know back here in the USA. If they run it up or get questioned when trying to get their money then they have the people put in some bets back in the USA and the game is on. That might have been what happened here, once they ran into problems cashing out they had SGC do that in hopes of trying to convince us she made the bets on vacation in CR and deserved to get paid.

Some don't but I actually believe SGC is a woman, they just told her what to post. I knew she had never been to Costa Rica, knew nothing about sports or a Pinnacle lean, she was just the name a boyfriend, brother or whatever used to sign up an account through. She was probably promised a piece of the winnings if she could pull it off. Just a guess, I have no way of knowing for sure but no surprise here if the player behind this is an employee of another CR book.
    This is interesting.
    Last edited by Inkwell77; 02-29-12 at 07:39 AM.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Sounds like a robbery to me.

I don't think you'd be getting the $1,000 back if you lost it.

The nonsense never stops.
    Oh the irony, eh Cohen ?

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    They owe the money, period.

Someone down in CR should send them $1000, lose it, and then see if they refund it. They might at this point, it would still be cheaper than paying $19,000. So maybe not the best idea.

It's so frustrating, all of the shenanigans some of these shit books play.
    Oh Cohen

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

pay her

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Took awhile but good read....

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

not sure if i want to read this start to finish...

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Yeah pay me 2 im stilled owed money from these guys i will probably never see, thanks to the person who bumped this thread so i can have this in my head again after i completely moved on and forgot this bs .

pokerplayer22
    pokerplayer22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    Yeah pay me 2 im stilled owed money from these guys i will probably never see, thanks to the person who bumped this thread so i can have this in my head again after i completely moved on and forgot this bs .
    You and me both man

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by betED View Post

Fraud books and fraud players alike are detrimental to our industry,

We invite you to visit us anytime, I hope you'll find us to be refreshingly different.

- betED Management
    what a great potential signature!

pellumb341
    pellumb341's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6018

took me 2 hours to read this..

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Good read.

poker6469