Casperwaits
    West Side Story
    Casperwaits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Leroys and the Silverton are AWFUL books to bet through. Just useless. Run away!

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    How do you know gaming will do nothing about this? If you file a formal complaint they are required by law to do an investigation. Some of their past investigations have been incompetent, but they also could really put the screws to Leroy's. Issuing a complaint about this could potentially help all Nevada sports bettors, complaining about it on SBR will do nothing.
    And this is why I usually (99% of the time) push for resolutions on things.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    That may be why, but it doesn't make any sense. Harrah's owns a piece of the Celtics, but they still take NBA bets on games not involving Boston. The Silverton definitely could take bets on those leagues if they wanted to.
    Towards the end of a season, with playoff teams resting people, they could POSSIBLY be accused of something. If they don't book ANY NBA, then they can't be accused of anything.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story

I was at the Silverton last week. They not only don't take NBA but they don't take horse racing either. The place is crap. The slots are tight and the women are tighter...not in the good way.

JackHorner
    JackHorner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Same thing happened to me last October with the Bears/Panthers game. Line shifted 6 points because news broke that Cutler was out and Collins would be starting. Panthers moved to -2 from +4. Someone must have dropped a big bet because in 15 mins it went to a pick em. The ticket taker told me I could only bet the Panthers. I couldn't believe it considering the game was still on their board.

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

M, SouthPoint, Hilton and CalNeva are the top 4 betting establishements in Vegas.

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Anyone here ever invest in the parent company of Leroy's that sells penny stock on the OTCBB pink sheets I think?I can't remember what the symbol for it is?When driving around the outback in the middle of nowhere in Nevada at towns like Ely you find Leroy's.

If you want a far out longshot stock pick,go with FMNJ ''Franklin Mining''selling at .0001 of a cent.A million shares for $100.Go to an online broker like Zecco and trades are $3 and thjey let you buy that micro penny stock. www.franklinmining.com has claims in Colorado and mostly in Bolivia where Butch and Sundance were.The other day they had both an ask and bid on the stock where some people could sell at .0001 but usually there isn't a market for the stock.It's total speculation buying this stock and some days the volume is in the 100's of millions so there are buyers.Beats buying lottery tickets.It's probably an operation like you see on that Gold Mining Alaska show on Discovery and History channel.
    Last edited by BrentCrude; 02-12-11 at 09:25 AM.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Leroy's is for the $50 local bettor, and it was complete BS that they post a line and won't take a bet on it. Call the Gaming Board, and next time get down at Wynn or Hilton, or somewhere that is a bit more serious about taking bets.

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

You can file a complaint with the gaming commission

Peregrine Stoop

also, the kiosks can be your friend

gomiamigo
    Colts NFL ats
    gomiamigo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1404

The Wynn will limit your action real fast if they think you know what you are doing. Obvs they'll still take a bet on either side.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine Stoop View Post
    also, the kiosks can be your friend
    Way too much heat on the kiosks and it takes all day to feed in bills. What do you like about them? Are you spamming in $80 bets without approval? I've always been tempted to try that.

RickySteve

Quote Originally Posted by gomiamigo View Post
    The Wynn will limit your action real fast if they think you know what you are doing. Obvs they'll still take a bet on either side.
    I've found them to be reasonably tolerant but they're confused by me.

The really tan girl manager with the goofy hairdo deserves a special place in hell.

RickySteve

Last summer a Leroy's ticket writer overpaid me by $2500 on a rained out Mets game. Upon discovering his mistake later that night, I made the grave error of being a moral person and chose to return the money. In the course of trying to give it back, their response was to threaten me, promise a reward for my honesty, refuse to pay the reward after getting the cash in hand and then slash my limits.

I f*cking hate Leroy's.

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

did you try another book leroys is one i would not try...try the m or coast even arizona charlies

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

I'm sure Justin has his wagers spread out through out the books. He just wanted more, and Leroy's dicked him.

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

Here if you believe you were done wrong call Nevada Gaming Com. 1-775-684-7750 or enforcement div. 1-775-684-7900 and tell them your problem. gl

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

will avoid leroys at all costs now

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

A lot of big time names in this thread.

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Ah, Riviera. The last time I was there (~3 years ago), they had their entire board written in dry erase marker... Pretty much tells you what kind of operation they run.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    It was a business partner, not me. I think it was Riviera. I had Caesar's Palace refuse a sides bet on the Chicago/Indianapolis Super Bowl a few years ago. Harrahs and Leroys, they are a bunch of chumps.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Give me Brown -1.

No sir, they aren't taking it (ticket writer submits the requested bet to central office.)

What? did they move it?

No. We just don't want any Brown -1.

Friggin horseshit. It's so illegal (at least in Vegas) but the Nevada Gaming Commission doesn't do anything. For the record, Vegas books have to take action on both sides of a line. They can't hang a -1, and only take bets at +1. They should be fined or shut down for this, but Gaming Commission does not enforce these rules.
    Sounds like they're taking a page out of BetUS's playbook.

skrtelfan

Quote Originally Posted by evo34 View Post
    Ah, Riviera. The last time I was there (~3 years ago), they had their entire board written in dry erase marker... Pretty much tells you what kind of operation they run.
    Riviera is Leroy's and quite a few of their outlets write the board in dry erase marker. I always ask for a printout at their outlets and the clerk gets mad at me. For that matter I've found the Leroy's clerks to be the laziest in the world, you can stand around for 15 minutes waiting for a clerk to show up to place the bet. I've been at the Sahara before and gotten so sick of waiting I actually walked down to Riviera.

Peregrine Stoop

Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve View Post
    Way too much heat on the kiosks and it takes all day to feed in bills. What do you like about them? Are you spamming in $80 bets without approval? I've always been tempted to try that.
    My unit size is only a few hundo, so I don't run into problems non-busto Sportsbettors do

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

believe it or not that game was an order(mafia slang for the fix is in). somehow leroys found out about it. they should have taken it off the board but were greedy for harvard money since they knew what the outcome was going to be.

VegasPlayer
    VegasPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

Leroy's sucks, Haven't bet there in years.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

Leroy's is pure garbage; wouldn't bet there.

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

Very best thing to do- is to not patronize-they need customers- just like every business does. gl

CyberSleuth
    CyberSleuth's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sure this a dumb question. Is there a thread on the site to go to for posted picks?

jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185
    jcubs55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

The gaming commission should definitely hear about this

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by evo34 View Post
    Dry erase marker doesn't imply they are square or poorly run. The lines are run by computer and controlled in a central location by a linesmaker like all other books. The only difference is they don't pay for the big LED board.

Don't be counter-suckered by the marker board. If anything, in my experience it is just an incredibly annoying place to book, because every number I try to bet is immediately replaced and updated because the schmuck behind the counter is too lazy to update the marker board with the actual computer number.

skrtelfan

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Don't be counter-suckered by the marker board. If anything, in my experience it is just an incredibly annoying place to book, because every number I try to bet is immediately replaced and updated because the schmuck behind the counter is too lazy to update the marker board with the actual computer number.
    Yeah that happens at a lot of the Leroy's outlets. I always ask for a printout of the lines at those places.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac pete View Post
    M, SouthPoint, Hilton and CalNeva are the top 4 betting establishements in Vegas.
    Um..nope. not even close. M is great for their technilogical advances and South point is great for horse players. Don't forget, you can't bet Sacramento there. Cal neva haven't heard of ya.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

It happens often, I bet at tropicana a long time ago when it was a leroy's, so the old guy teller is waiting for approval, so out loud he reads the screen(message) the guy at the control centre is writing to him........He wrote back: HE'S HAD ENOUGH!! LOL.....can t even make this crap up, bet 3 games straight then wheeled 2 of the games to a bunch of diff 3rd games and by the 3-4 parlay, he sends the message, makes absolutely no sense but that's what happened.

RickySteve

This thread is a great metaphor for this entire site.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

Angry Leroy's Guys....aren't they all.It was great when I cashed $4000 on their football contest a few years ago.

They were being their normal rude/curmudgeon selves until they found out thst some one was collecting oner 4g.They then became so nice and helpful.I'm usually quick to tip,but in this case I was quick to say FU to all the angry Leroy's guys

First 123 Last