packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

They don't want White guys to be dominant at anything that's the truth of the matter. The only other Sport where you hear this crap about needed diversity is NASCAR.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Many reasons for the NHL being the way it is.

Whites generally work Monday to Friday jobs and you have to have weekend off to go to tournaments. I'm speaking with first hand knowledge as I live in a hockey community. Colored folks work jobs that require weekend work and are more focused on getting nicer homes and Cars etc. This leaves there kids exposed to less opportunities to play hockey growing up and you need to start playing from a young age.
    Many colored folks push there kids to being doctors, lawyers etc

Equipment is expensive for sure but that's just an excuse because you can always shift your expenses.
    My nephew plays Hockey so I know how much they spend on travel to out of town games. It's craziness really.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Not really sure what's the issue here. Darker people don't like playing hockey, so what?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Hockey is much more of an international sport which is much more popular in the countries with a lighter skin tone. Baseball is the same way. Many Hispanic countries provide the participants that we see on the field every day. It's not the skin tone as much as it is the culture of the players we see in each individual sport.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I only read the beginning my apologies.

Do you ever hear people whining about not enough whites being in the NBA to match the overall population mix?

This whole participation trophy mentality is not realistic.

Life isn't fair and all this garbage is setting up young minds for an eye opening experience as they age.
    Yeah it sucks that we are all forced to spend so much money and time on this in every area these days. As long as there is no institutionalized unfairness there should be no artificial race balancing.

What I was mostly saying is that doing the survey does not mean NHL believe there is a problem, but they do have to do it or they will have no defense to anyone who does claim there is problem.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Yeah it sucks that we are all forced to spend so much money and time on this in every area these days. As long as there is no institutionalized unfairness there should be no artificial race balancing.

What I was mostly saying is that doing the survey does not mean NHL believe there is a problem, but they do have to do it or they will have no defense to anyone who does claim there is problem.
    Who's claiming that there is a problem? I don't see anyone claiming that there is a problem and if there is the numbers are miniscule .This women is the one and I'm sure there are others who are in control of the NHL who see this as a problem. There doing it as a reason to make a change in the name of diversity and the whole reason for diversity is to reduce the number of white people. Where in the world do you see diversity in any large numbers other than predominately white majority countries?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    Who's claiming that there is a problem? I don't see anyone claiming that there is a problem
    The person who started this thread we are responding to

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Apparently, there is a "Problem" with the NHL that needs fixed

"Problem"

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

uhh no try again. Your an apologist for changes like this that the NHL is trying to make and nice attempt at spinning the question in another direction saying that Kermit is saying there is a problem when he is just saying the NHL is saying there is a problem. That quote has nothing to do with claiming that there are some people who say that there is a problem with there being a majority of white people in the workforce, or coaching, or being a player.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

And if your not spinning it your not reading between the lines of your quote and what I said back to you.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

This must be taken care of ... as soon as we get more crackers in the NBA!

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

but they do have to do it or they will have no defense to anyone who does claim there is problem.
    Who cares if there are people who think there is a problem. Ignore them. Doing a report showing the large numbers of whites in the NHL is not a defense. Its an attack that fuels people who support this women and gives her and others leading this charge a reason to make these changes based on their objective of wanting to make the change even before showing these numbers because they already had an idea of the large numbers anyway. The report showing these numbers will give this women and others like her support to want to make a change by showing data that in their minds is unacceptable.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

I think the logic is that if the distribution does not match the overall population mix, then there must be a bias in play somewhere.

That could easily just be that ice hockey is marketed more to white audiences or more white kids are attracted than black kids on average. Does not have to be racist hiring policies.

Not saying I agree with the focus, or that I think disparity automatically means a change is required. But big institutions like the NHL should be gathering data to seriously assess their situation. Thye leave themselves with no defense to the PC crowd if they don't.
    ~~~

Opti--
    Makes perfect sense.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

vasectomies and hysterectomies for all white babies until we figure out what's going on here G*ddamnit
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Booya711

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    vasectomies and hysterectomies for all white babies until we figure out what's going on here G*ddamnit
    They keep losing respect instead of gaining it now….Obamas fault

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    What a load of rubbish

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16699

white ppl are the devil

DwightShrute

What a load of rubbish
    I wonder if Twitter would allow a video like this showing White people talking this nonsense about Black people?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

we are under attack! if you aren't finding your local proud boys chapter and training, there is something wrong with ya, and I can't help ya

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

I feel bad for white people. There under complete attack and there are so many delusional sissy boys in denial.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

I feel bad for white people. There under complete attack and there are so many delusional sissy boys in denial.
    It is what it is...I am not going to be shamed and guilted for being a white male. All these woke whiners can go fukk themselves.

Enough is enough.
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

uhh no try again. Your an apologist for changes like this that the NHL is trying to make and nice attempt at spinning the question in another direction saying that Kermit is saying there is a problem when he is just saying the NHL is saying there is a problem. That quote has nothing to do with claiming that there are some people who say that there is a problem with there being a majority of white people in the workforce, or coaching, or being a player.
    Maybe we should hear the entire speech from Kim Davis in the tweet in the OP.

With just the 1:10 second clip, Kin Davis does not say the word "problem" so when it comes to this thread, the OP, Kermit, was just quoting what person from the AP making the tweet said.

The word "problem" comes up in the tweet, but not the video. Did she say it was a "problem" in here speech? I guess we don't know from the original post.

But the AP certainly used the word in the tweet.

It was Kermit, he was just quoting the tweet.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

fuk it let em play

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10740

What about Jewish people with the Long beards i do not see them in NHL. Or the Amish where are they. Where are the Mormons?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

How about making the ice black and the puck white.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    What about Jewish people with the Long beards i do not see them in NHL. Or the Amish where are they. Where are the Mormons?
    do you know why there aren't many Chinese playing in the NHL?

because every time they go into the corner, they want to open up a store.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by jakepeavy21 View Post
    who cares and why does everything need to match the overall population mix?

The fact is those that are qualified, do not always sync up with that.

Maybe she will go in the hood and pass out hockey equipment?
    hahaha

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

It is what it is...I am not going to be shamed and guilted for being a white male. All these woke whiners can go fukk themselves.

Enough is enough.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Maybe we should hear the entire speech from Kim Davis in the tweet in the OP.

With just the 1:10 second clip, Kin Davis does not say the word "problem" so when it comes to this thread, the OP, Kermit, was just quoting what person from the AP making the tweet said.

The word "problem" comes up in the tweet, but not the video. Did she say it was a "problem" in here speech? I guess we don't know from the original post.

But the AP certainly used the word in the tweet.

It was Kermit, he was just quoting the tweet.
    When they make it about race, no matter the context or whether she uses the word "problem" or not or anything along those lines, its just wrong.

Didn't someone famous once say ... "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."? If so, then what the NHL is doing is wrong isn't it? And it is in itself racist isn't it?

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10740

do you know why there aren't many Chinese playing in the NHL?

because every time they go into the corner, they want to open up a store.
    Lol and they dont pay taxes either . They can corner the market on Ice skates , bandages, and Gatorade .

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

If so, then what the NHL is doing is wrong isn't it? And it is in itself racist isn't it?
    I was responding specifically to the use of "problem" and where it seems to come from.

What did the NHL do?

All they did was run a self identifying study with not even all employees and are producing a statistic based on it.

That's what they did.

Now if Kim Davis wants to set some kind of hiring quota then I hope it comes with investments in black neighborhoods for ice hockey access. That way kids can play then become coaches and fathers with kids who play. That will create qualified candidates for sure. It will take more than a generation if they started now.

But somehow I don't see an ice rink and a hockey league popping up and getting poplular in south bama anytime soon.

I would abosolutely, however, not rule out that qualified black people were denied an NHL job because of their color.

It literally happens everywhere with just about everything, even if the incidents are not many, and there is more than enough legitimate data to back that up.

The NHL is just trying to see if that's what they are guilty of and we all know somewhere along the way somebody probably was. It's just the law of averages. But that's likely a minority...again in line with data.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball;[URL="tel:31031294"
    31031294[/URL]]How about making the ice black and the puck white.
    Probably wouldn't work on account of black ice being very dangerous

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I came from a hockey family... and most of these answers are going around the true bread and butter of the REAL ANSWER.

1. Most black people simply can't skate (no coordination on ice.)

2. They also hate COLD WEATHER.

Yes, hockey is an expensive sport... but it's not the real reason. I'm not being racist... I'm simply being honest. Its hilarious that the NHL is leaning towards minorities. Bettman knows this... he's acting like he doesn't.... he doesn't want heat from this.

If the NHL tries to fix this... good luck... it's impossible.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I agree money, gonna take like two generations of focused change and investment.

And that's not going to happen.

Anything else is pure optics.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Did Donald Brashear ever talk about a racial issue in hockey? Did Anson Carter every talk about a racial issue in hockey? These dudes played on an ALL WHITE TEAM. It just goes to show.... the media... and "SELECT" groups brings up racism in the world. Where exactly is the racial issue at??? Clearly they would of told you if there was one.

Just one sad ridiculous world we live in now... totally fed up with this horse sh## everyday. They say we live in a free world... it doesn't look free to me. Biased bullsh##. It's always "some group" saying something isn't EQUAL.... well... it looks fine to me.

First 123 Last