Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    LT my Virginia Tech pick is supposed to be Michigan State. I copied and pasted each one of my picks and have no idea how the numbers didn’t matchup with the team name. Thanks. I’m just seeing this. Gunslinger made me aware earlier.
    Remember rotation numbers are KEY, if there is a disconnect between rotation number and team name, ROTATION NUMBER will be official pick.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    LT my Virginia Tech pick is supposed to be Michigan State. I copied and pasted each one of my picks and have no idea how the numbers didn’t matchup with the team name. Thanks. I’m just seeing this. Gunslinger made me aware earlier.
    See Post #11, I said several times that rotation numbers supersedes all.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    See Post #11, I said several times that rotation numbers supersedes all.
    Fair enough. No problem LT.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Buried after day 1

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Buried after day 1
    I try not to make any picks before Christmas day bowl games. Its a crap shoot anyway but the truest outcomes are probably the teams that played the most recently after the season. 1 month or more off is a crapshoot plus you can’t win this contest on the first few games but you can definitely lose it by starting poorly.

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!
    JacketFan81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3920

Nvm
    Last edited by JacketFan81; 12-18-21 at 10:41 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

If you are wondering what record you need to have in the 3 unit games to finish high in the money?

Well you really need a 4-1 or 5-0 in your 3 unit plays. Sure you could get lucky and go 3-2 and someone win all of your 2 unit plays as be ok, but you really need 4-1.

There will be more than a few guys who go 5-0 on their 3 unit plays if most of these teams cover. North Carolina, Western Michigan, Army (big pick by many) and Wake Forest (biggest pick of the contest).

So if all of those picks were to lose above then 3-2 would probably be OK for the 3 unit plays, but it will be hard for most of those plays to lose. Those were the real stale lines.

If you want to win the last place booby prize, then you really have to lose all of your 3 units plays

beavis13
    beavis13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Hey LT, can players that have A&M now pick a different game since they’ve dropped out of their bowl?

LT Profits

Those that had a play on the Texas A&M/Wake Forest game have until Tuesday, December 28th at 12:00 NOON ET to make a REPLACEMENT play. The replacement play would have the same denomination as the cancelled game. If you fail to submit replacement before the deadline, you will receive a push (1/2 credit).

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51449

Those that had a play on the Texas A&M/Wake Forest game have until Tuesday, December 28th at 12:00 NOON ET to make a REPLACEMENT play. The replacement play would have the same denomination as the cancelled game. If you fail to submit replacement before the deadline, you will receive a push (1/2 credit).

LT: Just my opinion, but wouldn't it be better to make the deadline earlier, feels like people can use this to angle shoot frankly.

I.e. you wait until then to see how your picks have done, and then you decide based on the current standings that you are fine with just taking a tie and don't pick a replacement, whereas if you really need the win, you do pick a replacement.

Not a huge deal, but certainly seems like folks who have that option have a real advantage over those who have had their picks totally locked in from the start. Being able to make one of your picks (granted a replacement pick) so late in the contest + the option to just leave it as a tie if it's in your interest feels a bit unfair.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    LT: Just my opinion, but wouldn't it be better to make the deadline earlier, feels like people can use this to angle shoot frankly.

I.e. you wait until then to see how your picks have done, and then you decide based on the current standings that you are fine with just taking a tie and don't pick a replacement, whereas if you really need the win, you do pick a replacement.

Not a huge deal, but certainly seems like folks who have that option have a real advantage over those who have had their picks totally locked in from the start. Being able to make one of your picks (granted a replacement pick) so late in the contest + the option to just leave it as a tie if it's in your interest feels a bit unfair.
    Well, it would normally be 2-3 days from now, but we gave holiday allowance. Had it been any other holiday besides Christmas, deadline probably would have been Saturday.

boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

bosco replacement for cancelled WF game

233 Western Michigan -3.5 *

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Mizzou dropped the hammer

OVAKUL
    Next up: Terrible Odds Teaser
    OVAKUL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8357

I'm guessing you don't have a pick on that game, and thus, the choice.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by OVAKUL View Post
    I'm guessing you don't have a pick on that game, and thus, the choice.
    Actually I do, and I already made my replacement pick. I could have waited to see more results to have a better idea if I should just take a tie, but I didn't because I thought it was the fair thing to do - fair to those who don't have a selection on the game and thereby made their picks without any knowledge of what the standings would be like at the time.

And yes, for that same reason I think it would be fairer for other folks who have that game to either pick now or declare now they are taking a tie, not wait for more results to see what might be more advantageous to them.

OVAKUL
    Next up: Terrible Odds Teaser
    OVAKUL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8357

Actually I do, and I already made my replacement pick. I could have waited to see more results to have a better idea if I should just take a tie, but I didn't because I thought it was the fair thing to do - fair to those who don't have a selection on the game and thereby made their picks without any knowledge of what the standings would be like at the time.

And yes, for that same reason I think it would be fairer for other folks who have that game to either pick now or declare now they are taking a tie, not wait for more results to see what might be more advantageous to them.
    It can be a lengthy discussion. I believe gambling shouldn't be regulated too much - and rules of a contest like this should never be changed mid-way. Roll with the punches, that's the beauty of this hobby we call gambling. Secondly, I would never do what's 'fair to others' in any competitive setting - only what's allowed under the rules. Otherwise I wouldn't be doing my best to win.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

This could get very interesting with canceled games

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    This could get very interesting with canceled games
    And I raised minimum games required for contest not to be cancelled to 35 this year, thinking it would not be a big deal. We should still be good, would take 8 cancellations to cancel contest, doubt it gets there.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

And I raised minimum games required for contest not to be cancelled to 35 this year, thinking it would not be a big deal. We should still be good, would take 8 cancellations to cancel contest, doubt it gets there.
    What happens if they find a replacement for A&M and they play the Gator Bowl? Is it off the board?

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by OVAKUL View Post
    It can be a lengthy discussion. I believe gambling shouldn't be regulated too much - and rules of a contest like this should never be changed mid-way. Roll with the punches, that's the beauty of this hobby we call gambling. Secondly, I would never do what's 'fair to others' in any competitive setting - only what's allowed under the rules. Otherwise I wouldn't be doing my best to win.
    Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that. I too would generally agree with "do whatever you can within the rules to win". However, I think in contests that it should be a "level playing field" for all who enter.

Those who got a game cancelled and have to repick could without question have a bit of an edge over those who didn't - unavoidable of course, games being cancelled was not foreseeable, and they set what I think is a fair rule for how those would be handled.

But again those (like myself) who unavoidably got put in this position should (imo) try their best to maintain a level playing field for all involved, not use this unexpected occurrence to milk as a big of an extra edge on those who don't have that opportunity - again in any contest when you enter, it's reasonable to expect that it should be as close as possible to a level playing field for all involved.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

LT u want us to post the replacement picks in this thread whenever we decide the play?

I see now that several others already been posting picks in the other thread...
    Last edited by 5mike5; 12-23-21 at 11:49 AM.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    What happens if they find a replacement for A&M and they play the Gator Bowl? Is it off the board?
    i'm also wondering this... can we still bet?

right now it's

rutgers +12
    wake -12

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    LT u want us to post the replacement picks in this thread whenever we decide the play?

I see now that several others already been posting picks in the other thread...
    Yes in this thread since this is now the active one.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i'm also wondering this... can we still bet?

right now it's

rutgers +12
    wake -12
    No, only the games in the original thread are available.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Correct off the board. And side irrelevant note, is Rutgers/Wake still the Gator Bowl? Looks like the are playing day before originally scheduled A&M game.

LT Profits

OK looks like Don Best is listing wrong date of Dec. 30th. It still the 31st and still the Gator Bowl. But off the board for contest purposes.

adamelvis
    adamelvis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4778

I would like to change my 2* A&M pick on my solo entry to:

233 Western Michigan -3.5

Thanks

LT Profits

OK Replacement picks for Texas A&M game can be submitted EITHER in this thread or in the original Lines and Picks thread,

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Looks like Hawaii has cancelled game for tomorrow. Just a heads up.

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

Carolina Daze(Solo Team)

Replacement Pick for Texas A&M game:

234 Nevada +3.5

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Replacing Memphis with
    234 Nevada +3.5

LT Profits

Same deadline to replace Memphis/Hawaii, Tuesday at 12 Noon ET. If someone has both games with different * and has not yet replaced Texas A&M game, please indicate which team is replacing which game. You may submit replacement plays in either thread.

boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

Same deadline to replace Memphis/Hawaii, Tuesday at 12 Noon ET. If someone has both games with different * and has not yet replaced Texas A&M game, please indicate which team is replacing which game. You may submit replacement plays in either thread.
    LT - You should probably post the official stance on grading the 3 CFP games if they result in a forfeit. Win? Loss? Push? No action?

bosco already losing hope and may need the entire contest cancelled to see any points back

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

265 cancelled replace with 280

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

LT?

I can't get a pm to you, is there any way you can apply my winnings last week to pro status renewal.
    Cash is not a problem here.

First 12345 ... Last