ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    That's fine I'll give u that, him and James about even. KD shits on Steph Curry.

I'll still take Kevin Love as an overall player over Green. Love is going to the Hall of Fame and Green is not a lock. Don't think they were legendary, they just tried hard in the reg season. They were down 3-1 to OKC and shoulda lost in the WCF, but Klay Thompson had a legendary game 6 to extend the series.

Their bench was good. Barnes Livingston and Barbosa. Iguadala got the start in prime time. Just shows you though. That was a 7 game series battle, and in comes KD, and they basically sweep the Cavs, going 16-1 overall in the playoffs without even breaking a sweat. That previous Warriors team wasn't shit compared to KD team.

Warriors shouldn't even have won any rings without KD now that I think about it. Love and Irving didn't even play in the first series and James took it to 6 games with Mozgof and Dellavedova as his two key players next to JR Brick.

Curry is a tier 2 player. Thompson isn't much. Telling me those two guys are gonna beat KG Pierce and Ray Allen and Rondo? Lmao. They'd both be injured in the 1st quarter vs. that Boston team.
    correct; 16 warriors would've eventually wilted to the 2008 celtics team as the 3's stopped falling... which also happened vs the Cavs

doesn't matter how many series the warriors won easily while it seemed like the celtics were winning all game 7's... 2008 was a competitive field in the playoffs

who did the 2016 warriors play in the playoffs besides OKC? lol can't even recall because the playoff teams they kept facing always ended up injured and short handed which is why I approve of the Raptors - Warriors Finals outcome

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

1995-1996 Bulls were the greatest team in NBA history.
    72-10 in the regular season 15-3 in the playoffs and not once from opening day to the last whistle of the NBA finals were ever tested.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    1995-1996 Bulls were the greatest team in NBA history.
    72-10 in the regular season 15-3 in the playoffs and not once from opening day to the last whistle of the NBA finals were ever tested.
    I know, eras are very hard to compare, but if all things being equal, and all players healthy, I think the 87 Lakeshow or 86 Celtics would have given any Bulls team a whole lotta trouble. Would have been fun.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

James the GOAT?
    He couldn't hold a candle to what Jordan accomplished.
    yep

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    I know, eras are very hard to compare, but if all things being equal, and all players healthy, I think the 87 Lakeshow or 86 Celtics would have given any Bulls team a whole lotta trouble. Would have been fun.
    Yeah those Lakers and Celtics teams were stacked. Only team I could say for sure will beat the Bulls is the Warriors version with KD. Durant would definitely get the best of Pippen, even though he's one of the best defenders ever. There's no stopping Kevin Durant. He even got his against Lebron too in 2012 when Bron was one of the best defenders in the NBA and KD was like a 24 year old kid. Still averaged like 28/30 against Bron.

stevenash

Yeah those Lakers and Celtics teams were stacked. Only team I could say for sure will beat the Bulls is the Warriors version with KD. Durant would definitely get the best of Pippen, even though he's one of the best defenders ever. There's no stopping Kevin Durant. He even got his against Lebron too in 2012 when Bron was one of the best defenders in the NBA and KD was like a 24 year old kid. Still averaged like 28/30 against Bron.
    Agree, the Lake Show and the Bird, Chief, McHale, DJ teams are the only ones that could test that Bulls team.
    Remember though that 1995-1996 Bulls team that went 15-3 in the playoffs allowed 100 points only three times and the defense allowed only 88 points on the average in those 18 playoff games.

Goat Milk

Agree, the Lake Show and the Bird, Chief, McHale, DJ teams are the only ones that could test that Bulls team.
    Remember though that 1995-1996 Bulls team that went 15-3 in the playoffs allowed 100 points only three times and the defense allowed only 88 points on the average in those 18 playoff games.
    I have to throw the 2001/2 Lakers in that convo too actually.

Kobe and Shaq were the two best players in the world. I don't think there's ever been a team in history where the two best players in the world were on 1 team unless you want to count Bron and Wade in 2011, but still think Bryant was better than both at that time. Plus their side pieces were amazing too.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Maybe the best duo ever but does not make an all time great team. 2003 Lakers barely snuck in playoffs but 2002 the best ever? Third best player was Horry? 4th best Rick Fox

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Maybe the best duo ever but does not make an all time great team. 2003 Lakers barely snuck in playoffs but 2002 the best ever? Third best player was Horry? 4th best Rick Fox
    I mean anytime you have 1st and 2nd best players in the world on 1 team that team is one of the best ever. Like I said I don't think it's ever happened, like ever. Maybe Wade Bron? Those were maybe 2/3 though. Kobe and Shaq were easily two best that one year.

stevenash

I mean anytime you have 1st and 2nd best players in the world on 1 team that team is one of the best ever. Like I said I don't think it's ever happened, like ever. Maybe Wade Bron? Those were maybe 2/3 though. Kobe and Shaq were easily two best that one year.
    It has in MLB but NBA I don't think that's happened before or since.

First 123