The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    You go ahead and resist authority Brooks. Not a sheep just know better to handle things after the fact legally and get it on film...

Should have beaten that shady doctor with a stick for being stubborn in the face of 3 law officials..
    Get what on film? The fact that they asked you to leave and you did? And then wtf are you going to handle legally?

I swear to god

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Get what on film? The fact that they asked you to leave and you did? And then wtf are you going to handle legally?

I swear to god
    Record everything.. Fight the powers legally after the fact if you feel strongly about being wronged.. Film shows you were asked to exit the plane after you paid your fair and boarded..

Yes you didn't get man handled but you still have the entire process on record.. Can legally make a complaint with proof now of what transpired... Always catch it on recorder if you can... It's never a bad idea...

PS. Don't swear to God Kraken either it's good Friday ...

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Record everything.. Fight the powers legally after the fact if you feel strongly about being wronged.. Film shows you were asked to exit the plane after you paid your fair and boarded..

Yes you didn't get man handled but you still have the entire process on record.. Can legally make a complaint with proof now of what transpired... Always catch it on recorder if you can... It's never a bad idea...

PS. Don't swear to God Kraken either it's good Friday ...
    Fair point. I'll give god his day
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave The Kraken 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Notorious_Donk
    Notorious_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5262

What a pussy

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

here's my question...
    If you bought a Samsung mobile and the battery caught fire do you sue the battery company or Samsung..
    If you bought a Toyota and the airbag won't implore would you sue the airbag company or Toyota...
    United was dead meat... no matter how you slice it.. I rest my case...

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Remember coming to houston to go to wedding. Now it was in january. In ohio it was 10 degrees but in houston it was 75. Going back home i have on winter coat and a cossack faux fur hat.I'm sweating like a prego sistah in the congo. So two of houstons airport cops. They are putting me thru the ringer why am I wearing this big coat in texas. Told them I was going home to ohio and was easier to wear my coat then caarry it. Then he asks why am I sweating. anyway I had this mans cache that I kept my checkbook, cash,travelers checks and passport. This cop goes aha what is this when he found it in a hidden pocket in my coat. I explain what it is. I am getting close to missing my plane. Then I remember my uncle was in charge of immigration at iah. He was the guy during the first gulf war they drop him and his squad in the sand a week b4 we went into there. Needless to say he has always been a little crazy. So finally I say let me talk to my uncle. The cop says who is your uncle. I tell them his name . They say he isn't you uncle. I just laughed. The cop says he is black. I said he is puerto rican and he going to love hearing this.So they radio him and they said there is a guy saying he is your nephew. So I asked him where did you get these clowns? He says fat boy because i was a chubby kid and he has always called me that. You should of seen these want to be's. I said this guy said you were african. If you ever want to piss off a puerto rican tell them they are from africa.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

United definitely did some things wrong here, but this guy is also a kunt. A perfect storm of stupidity and angle shooting

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8464

Points Awarded:

manny24 gave DwightShrute 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DwightShrute

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post

DwightShrute

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Whats to keep this doctor and the head stewardess or whatever cooking this up as a stock shorting scheme? Probably not in this case but would be pretty easy to make a stock tank these days
    Looks like this is exactly what happened with the Dortmund bus bombing

DwightShrute

United Airlines has a reached a settlement for an undisclosed sum with Dr. David Dao, the passenger dragged from a flight earlier this month: http://reut.rs/2pDKtey

United Airlines reaches settlement with passenger dragged from plane
    United Airlines (UAL.N) has a reached a settlement for an undisclosed sum with the passenger who was dragged from a Chicago flight earlier this month in an…
    REUTERS.COM

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Im sure he got 2-3M

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Ka-Ching! United got it the American way.

They had to try and put this behind them as fast as possible.
    (Not for Nuthin' that they remain in the lowest tier of airlines.)

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I say 500k tops

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Yank my ass of a plane like that, I'll be paying damages instead of them paying me, MFer's!

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by YorkHunt View Post
    Im sure he got 2-3M
    No way. $3 Million ain't even worth most major lawyer's time. This was a $20 million case minimum. $8M for the Law firm + $12M for the Dr.

If United would have been stubborn and took it to trial it would have jumped to $80 - $100 million.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    No way. $3 Million ain't even worth most major lawyer's time. This was a $20 million case minimum. $8M for the Law firm + $12M for the Dr.

If United would have been stubborn and took it to trial it would have jumped to $80 - $100 million.
    In February, the city of Milwaukee paid out $3.3 million for cops shooting and killing an unarmed teen. There is zero chance this guy got $3 million for a bump on the head and some embarassment on social media. I'd be surprised if it was in the 7 figures.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I have a friend that works for the TSA and he tells me that if you ever want to spend a day with free comedy, hang out at Spirit airlines. Every day people get arrested on that airlines over stupid shit. Passengers get pissed at excessive fees and people get unruly all the time. LOL
    Haha, shit broke out at Spirit today.

First ... 6789