High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4146

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    tatddy should be ignored for making a post as dumb as this.

JJ, make a video about this clown.
    JJ can't post a video about Taddy, because he relies on Taddy to help with embedding issues.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Everyone in this thread not named below has zero value to this site and should be ignored. Cheers to no coin and to those listed below for all their contributors and positive energy.

To the rest of you...sit on a dick and spin...you're worthless. At least coiner reached his breaking point betting what he could afford to lose....and he still walked away a winner. If he comes back arms are open.

The giant
    Ra77er
    The Kraken
    Tto827
    Broadway6
    Higherelement (refuse to use 3s)
    Opie1988
    Billysink
    Louisvillekid
    Updated list.

Bubbles fukkin never heard of ya pal.

Wizzle clowns himself as usual. Thankfully coin is sharp enough to know I was actually being supportive with my comment in his nba thread.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    place 1-2 bets a day. that's all that's necessary to feel the rush. to make some coin. and to enjoy the night game(s). i know you were trained at the lakerman gambling institution, but it's time to abandoned the principles preached by the almighty one. you're burned out because your watching line movement all day. your looking at percentages and trying to figure out what vegas is thinking.

there's no conspiracy.

there's no storm coming.

time to change strategy - others are more effective, take less time. even build a model if you want. once you're done with that you're betting auto plays.

you will rag me but deep inside you know i'm right
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    We all go bust from time to time

Take a nice break and come back with guns a blazin
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    I will start by saying this, there is no way you will quit.

You're the same guy that said he would place bets at his kids birthday parties in the restroom. A break, that's different.

Georgia shouldn't have covered that game except for the last fukking 4-5% of the game, it was a bad bet. You whine about every last second beat but don't take into account the flow of the game. Auburn dominated the game, UGA +4 was a bad bet.

I'm so fukking tired of seeing you whine about every bad beat and then everytime you get lucky you use the old "Amazing happens". Listen, I had GB in the Seattle/GB "Hail Mary" last year in Seattle for what came out to be a 10u play (max play). GB Won the game, was up the entire 4th and got fukked by a referee, that's the worst way to lose. Not some fukking lucky bounce off a DB's helmet, happens once a game.

You won't be done. You said it yourself you spend work time analyzing lines and it is a hobby, not a job. Who the fuk are you kidding? 'Cold Turkey'. You can take your money out and cancel the request in the morning, or reload.

Stop fukking whining. Take a break, relax and come back at it or keep plugging away.

I set the line here at 3 weeks of No Coin's absence.

Next point, why the fuk would you post at SBR if you admittedly want to not bet, not look at lines, and not think about gambling? Are you that compelled with this place where you've said 90% of the posters are horse shit?

You contradict yourself a lot, this will just be another contradiction.

Best of luck on your endeavors, however. Maybe you will have some family time now.
    It's amazing how off you three are. It's also amazing how you reflect your own insecurities and dysfunctional situations on to me. You three are so transparent it's laughable.

Doesn't surprise me one bit, though.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Everyone in this thread not named below has zero value to this site and should be ignored. Cheers to no coin and to those listed below for all their contributors and positive energy.

To the rest of you...sit on a dick and spin...you're worthless. At least coiner reached his breaking point betting what he could afford to lose....and he still walked away a winner. If he comes back arms are open.

The giant
    Ra77er
    The Kraken
    Tto827
    Broadway6
    Higherelement (refuse to use 3s)
    Opie1988
    Thank you, tat. Couldn't have said it better myself re: the people who are actually worth listening to in this thread as well (along with Billy).

My accounts are cleaned out as of this morning. All payout requests have been made. I'll use the extra $$$ to buy Christmas presents for the family.
    Last edited by No coincidences; 11-17-13 at 01:26 PM.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Tatddy certainly entitled to his opinion.

As is everyone.

Truth here is Coiner is a big asset to this site win, lose or even if he ain't playin at all.

A lot of knowledge and information and certainly invokes discussion on the games of which he speaks.

Hope he posts even if he is not playing.
    I plan on posting. I don't really visit any other message boards at all on the Internet. And I have no problems posting about stuff that's non-gambling related, so as long as it doesn't affect my urge to get back in the game, I'll stick around.

What amazes me, reading through this thread, is how people take their own situations and apply it to mine. "We all go bust," "you must've gone all-in", "you bet beyond your means," etc. I didn't go bust. My units are all tracked here. I didn't go "all in" on Georgia. It was an $80 play. I don't bet beyond my means. I barely even put a dent in my disposable income with gambling. I just reached my breaking point with all the bullshit beats vs. the time I put into capping.

Diminishing returns. That's the bottom line for me.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Good Luck No coin, Always enjoyed your pick threads. It wasn't like the writing wasn't on the walls for a while now. For years you would never let some of these fools get to you and barely even respond to them. The past few months you have been very confrontational with these losers which before you'd never waste your breathe. The problem is your trying to teach physics to a kindergartner.

You have such volume to your capping by betting so many sports at the same time. My advice is to air it out and come back just betting 1 or 2 sports. You just finished MLB up over 100 units, it would be a good decision to at least reconsider coming back for next season. Also it would be a huge loss to the site.

Most guys pull up sbrodds, read a few opinions and maybe go on espn and read the game preview. Capping is a long process (especially NCAABB) but when you try to handle, NBA, NHL, NFL, NCAAF, & NCAABB all at the same time, your going to get burned out. Variance kicks in and things like this happen.

Good luck and hope to see you back.

Thanks, LK. Take care pal.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Isn't fun to me anymore. Not doing it for the money. Time spent on it isn't worth it if games are going to end like this.

Diminishing returns.
    There are alot of times the fun has gone out of it, happens to me all the time. I go weeks sometimes without making a single play, I made one play in the last two weeks. I never did understand why guys feel they need to make a play or plays everyday, thats what takes the fun out of it,JMO.

later
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    There are alot of times the fun has gone out of it, happens to me all the time. I go weeks sometimes without making a single play, I made one play in the last two weeks. I never did understand why guys feel they need to make a play or plays everyday, thats what takes the fun out of it,JMO.

later
    I was making more than a play or two a day. I was juggling four sports at once. It got to be too much, and really, it's a horrible strategy. Just addicted to the action. But I reached my breaking point. Watching plays crash and burn late in four different sports over the last seven days pretty much non-stop did me in for good. Maybe someday I'll be able to come back as a spot bettor that can make quality plays and forget about the quantity.

Good to hear from you cp. I've always admired your work.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

NC just stick to spot plays.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

will you still post your leans?

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

I plan on posting. I don't really visit any other message boards at all on the Internet. And I have no problems posting about stuff that's non-gambling related, so as long as it doesn't affect my urge to get back in the game, I'll stick around.

What amazes me, reading through this thread, is how people take their own situations and apply it to mine. "We all go bust," "you must've gone all-in", "you bet beyond your means," etc. I didn't go bust. My units are all tracked here. I didn't go "all in" on Georgia. It was an $80 play. I don't bet beyond my means. I barely even put a dent in my disposable income with gambling. I just reached my breaking point with all the bullshit beats vs. the time I put into capping.

Diminishing returns. That's the bottom line for me.
    Glad to hear you will be involved. You've always been a contributor even at the old site.

You really don't owe anyone here an explanation for whatever you gonna do.

Enjoy the holidays Coin.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Glad to hear you will be involved. You've always been a contributor even at the old site.

You really don't owe anyone here an explanation for whatever you gonna do.

Enjoy the holidays Coin.
    You too, billy.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Guy acting like he lost $50,000 here

Very very dramatic kid

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

NC,

You gotta look out for #1 because no one else will.

I respect you and you've always been one of my favorite posters here.

Do what you feel you need to do and ignore the trash that has infiltrated this place in the last few years.

Ever need to chat you know how to find me.

Keep well and I wish you nothing but the best!

Cheers to you, buddy!

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

once a gambler... always a gambler

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This is sports betting men

He did not fight a war or get fired from a job and has 3 kids

This is a small bettor and some acting like his life is all over

Brock Landers lost over 200,000 and has been through the real wars

Toughen up Coiner and stop acting like a fukkin 16 year old
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JJJ

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
    NC,

You gotta look out for #1 because no one else will.

I respect you and you've always been one of my favorite posters here.

Do what you feel you need to do and ignore the trash that has infiltrated this place in the last few years.

Ever need to chat you know how to find me.

Keep well and I wish you nothing but the best!

Cheers to you, buddy!

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Guy acting like he lost $50,000 here

Very very dramatic kid
    yeah, not like he lost $100,000 like lakerboy.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

I will miss your baseball threads, great capping

on another note has paulypoker seen this thread yet

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    This is sports betting men

He did not fight a war or get fired from a job and has 3 kids

This is a small bettor and some acting like his life is all over

Brock Landers lost over 200,000 and has been through the real wars

Toughen up Coiner and stop acting like a fukkin 16 year old
    Goes beyond gambling, JJ. I enjoy SBR because of the posters. The people responding in a positive manner are obviously winners in the real world, and can see beyond just the gambling aspect of this board. A lot of class acts have responded -- the few who are actually left here -- and I appreciate it.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Coiner cheers!

It's a tough fukkin game.
    I respect the decision.

I have been straying further and further from the books. Stay on SBR, is still a good read at times.

You mad bro

good luck with your future coin

hope you do well

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

Auburn just finished me off.

Later guys. It's been a fun few years, but I really can't take this anymore.

All accounts will be closed and I'm cashing out tonight.

I for one, want to applaud you NC for finally doing the right thing.

I am close behind you... once you do a few things over and over, year after year for a couple years... you realize you are part of the 99% that can't win doing this. It's time to quit at that point in time.

Just takes a lot of mental toughness. A LOT. Everytime you are watching a game... something happens and you will get that feeling like "I know how this is going to end and who is going to win." But you can't just go pound it live... gotta just sit and watch it happen.

Its like if you know you are depressed... maybe only at certain times of the year. There is no need to take "pills" that magically make you better... penetrate that. Get through it, keep yourself occupied. Mental toughness.

You don't need to go to GA or get help... just quit this shit cold turkey and never look back.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

How do y'all who have quit feel about playing Streak For Cash?
    Is it good to still pick games with nothing on the line or do you think it is better to just stop with the mess altogether?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    Coiner cheers!

It's a tough fukkin game.
    I respect the decision.

I have been straying further and further from the books. Stay on SBR, is still a good read at times.
    Thanks, Ink. Take care buddy.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

he quit betting but not posting, so how is it any different than before?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    I for one, want to applaud you NC for finally doing the right thing.

I am close behind you... once you do a few things over and over, year after year for a couple years... you realize you are part of the 99% that can't win doing this. It's time to quit at that point in time.

Just takes a lot of mental toughness. A LOT. Everytime you are watching a game... something happens and you will get that feeling like "I know how this is going to end and who is going to win." But you can't just go pound it live... gotta just sit and watch it happen.

Its like if you know you are depressed... maybe only at certain times of the year. There is no need to take "pills" that magically make you better... penetrate that. Get through it, keep yourself occupied. Mental toughness.

You don't need to go to GA or get help... just quit this shit cold turkey and never look back.

I don't really have a problem churning out a profit. I was in the red for the first few years like most new gamblers are, but I've been in the black for two solid years now overall.

Problem is twofold though:

1) Love the action. Always have. When you're making as many plays as I make, though, it becomes increasingly difficult to keep your head much above water. I know I'd be much better off as a spot bettor, and I honestly think I'd succeed at a much higher and more efficient rate in doing so. However, I've always said that I enjoy the fresh set of lines and the capping more than anything else. So to be a spot bettor, I'd have to give most of the analysis up (at least, the part of it I enjoy). I'd have a hard time going quality over quantity, which leads to

2) I'm a recreational gambler. I bet with a small chunk of my disposable income. It's a hobby for me. Nothing more. So I'm making a ton of plays, doing a lot of research, yet even if I'm up 100 units, that's only 2 grand. So the time I spend isn't really "worth it" -- just something I enjoy doing. I've always hoped that someone tailed me during baseball season, for instance, and finished up $10,000 at the end of the day at $100 per unit. That would be cool. I'm just not that heavily invested in it financially, because I have money going into too many necessary things in the "real world" with my family.

Long story short, I either have to stop spending so much time capping and researching games, or start betting more money on games. Not really ready for the latter, so I'm cutting off the former.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    he quit betting but not posting, so how is it any different than before?
    You're not forced to bet just because you post here. I like talking sports, and I've been in contact with a lot of cool people here since joining. Just because I'm not gambling doesn't mean I have to kick my SBR habit. I can also give my thoughts on games if posters ask and if they actually welcome my opinion, which isn't worth much to a lot of you I know.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    good luck with your future coin

hope you do well
    Thanks. You too.

You mad bro

You're not forced to bet just because you post here. I like talking sports, and I've been in contact with a lot of cool people here since joining. Just because I'm not gambling doesn't mean I have to kick my SBR habit. I can also give my thoughts on games if posters ask and if they actually welcome my opinion, which isn't worth much to a lot of you I know.
    dont even waste your time with crusty .. he is spending all day now bumping all losing threads from t wizzle ..

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

I don't really have a problem churning out a profit. I was in the red for the first few years like most new gamblers are, but I've been in the black for two solid years now overall.

Problem is twofold though:

1) Love the action. Always have. When you're making as many plays as I make, though, it becomes increasingly difficult to keep your head much above water. I know I'd be much better off as a spot bettor, and I honestly think I'd succeed at a much higher and more efficient rate in doing so. However, I've always said that I enjoy the fresh set of lines and the capping more than anything else. So to be a spot bettor, I'd have to give most of the analysis up (at least, the part of it I enjoy). I'd have a hard time going quality over quantity, which leads to

2) I'm a recreational gambler. I bet with a small chunk of my disposable income. It's a hobby for me. Nothing more. So I'm making a ton of plays, doing a lot of research, yet even if I'm up 100 units, that's only 2 grand. So the time I spend isn't really "worth it" -- just something I enjoy doing. I've always hoped that someone tailed me during baseball season, for instance, and finished up $10,000 at the end of the day at $100 per unit. That would be cool. I'm just not that heavily invested in it financially, because I have money going into too many necessary things in the "real world" with my family.

Long story short, I either have to stop spending so much time capping and researching games, or start betting more money on games. Not really ready for the latter, so I'm cutting off the former.
    Being a spot bettor is the way to go, but you're right. It is tough with sticking to it for long.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Being a spot bettor is the way to go, but you're right. It is tough with sticking to it for long.
    I suppose that's both the blessing and the curse of Internet gambling.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4146

Nocoin, I could use your help with my tracking project. PM if interested.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

More importantly I hope all is well with the family and personal life, I worry there are under lying issues.

Gambling to me is actually very relaxing, the time spent learning about these kids (college bettor) takes my mind to a good place.

Like I have said several times before the result of the play isn't relevant, it's all about watching the cards being dealt & peeling 'em back.

If one can't pick win at this point, well that's a different story.

At this time my mind understands the game, high and lows equally.

Take some time brother
    Points Awarded:

InTheDrink gave Louisvillekid1 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    Nocoin, I could use your help with my tracking project. PM if interested.
    Maybe sometime down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    More importantly I hope all is well with the family and personal life, I worry there are under lying issues.

Gambling to me is actually very relaxing, the time spent learning about these kids (college bettor) takes my mind to a good place.

Like I have said several times before the result of the play isn't relevant, it's all about watching the cards being dealt & peeling 'em back.

At this point the mind understands the game, high and lows equally.

Take some time brother
    All is good on the homefront, with the exception of spending too much time checking scores and watching games. I'm impressed that gambling is relaxing to you. I'll admit I have fun preparing for games and doing the legwork, but it's much more of a grind to me. Guess it all depends on your perspective. I wish I could enjoy it more, but when I see NIU running up the score on Ball State in the final minute or a tipped hail mary pass like last night's game -- or even better, the Northwestern bullshit earlier this season -- I'm more than ready to throw up my hands and a middle finger to the gambling gods. That's about as far away from "relaxing" as it gets for me personally.

First ... 2345678 ... Last