jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Found this facts interesting

As soon as the brackets come out, fans often target No. 12 seeds for first-round upsets, because past 12 seeds tend to stick out in everyone’s mind. However, teams seeded No. 12 have a 23-44 record since 2011, when the tournament expanded to 68 teams. No. 11 seeds, on the other hand, have gone 46-44 over that span, a huge contrast to their more sought-after bracket-busting brethren. In fact, No. 11 seeds actually have better records over the past 11 iterations than single-digit seeds such as No. 5s, No. 6s, No. 8s and No. 9s.

However, every national championship-winning team over the past 28 years — with the exception of Arizona in 1997, which didn’t have a conference tournament — has lasted at least to the semifinal round in its conference tournament. So plan on avoiding teams that made an early exit. This year, No. 3 seeds Kansas State and Baylor, No. 4 seed Tennessee, No. 6 seed Kentucky and No. 7 seeds Michigan State and Northwestern lost in or before the quarterfinals of their conference tournaments.

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2047

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    As soon as the brackets come out, fans often target No. 12 seeds for first-round upsets, because past 12 seeds tend to stick out in everyone’s mind. However, teams seeded No. 12 have a 23-44 record since 2011, when the tournament expanded to 68 teams. No. 11 seeds, on the other hand, have gone 46-44 over that span, a huge contrast to their more sought-after bracket-busting brethren. In fact, No. 11 seeds actually have better records over the past 11 iterations than single-digit seeds such as No. 5s, No. 6s, No. 8s and No. 9s.

However, every national championship-winning team over the past 28 years — with the exception of Arizona in 1997, which didn’t have a conference tournament — has lasted at least to the semifinal round in its conference tournament. So plan on avoiding teams that made an early exit. This year, No. 3 seeds Kansas State and Baylor, No. 4 seed Tennessee, No. 6 seed Kentucky and No. 7 seeds Michigan State and Northwestern lost in or before the quarterfinals of their conference tournaments.
    Very interesting. BOL Jack. I have yet to select, my short list includes Duke 25-1(East), Gonzaga 14-1(West), Alabama 6-1 & Arizona 14-1(South),and Houston 6-1 & Texas 14-1(Midwest). Already played Duke+400 to win the East & Gonzaga +1400 to win the West.

jackpot269

Quote Originally Posted by BOA12 View Post
    Very interesting. BOL Jack. I have yet to select, my short list includes Duke 25-1(East), Gonzaga 14-1(West), Alabama 6-1 & Arizona 14-1(South),and Houston 6-1 & Texas 14-1(Midwest). Already played Duke+400 to win the East & Gonzaga +1400 to win the West.
    GL buddy I like your list. I do like Uconn but still looking at info!

BOA12

GL buddy I like your list. I do like Uconn but still looking at info!
    This came to me in a dream last night ; Final Four Alabama VS Duke/ Houston VS Gonzaga. Final Duke over Gonzaga. BOL2ALL

jackpot269

This came to me in a dream last night ; Final Four Alabama VS Duke/ Houston VS Gonzaga. Final Duke over Gonzaga. BOL2ALL
    I dreamed that only sane people started posting at SBR! JK
    By sane I mean people like you and myself.

Wish I had that info sooner! I've got Bama winning most of my brackets!

I've got 1/2 Bama win it all
    1/4 on Zags win it all
    1/4 on UConn win it all
    Still looking at today's, I try not to put much on round ball. I usually wish I didn't when I do!
    Last edited by jackpot269; 03-16-23 at 09:43 AM.

BOA12

I dreamed that only sane people started posting at SBR! JK
    By sane I mean people like you and myself.

Wish I had that info sooner! I've got Bama winning most of my brackets!

I've got 1/2 Bama win it all
    1/4 on Zags win it all
    1/4 on UConn win it all
    Still looking at today's, I try not to put much on round ball. I usually wish I didn't when I do!
    A nice future action mix. They call it madness for reason. GL my friend, a hobby with buyers remorse. My dream has a better chance of happening than yours. More tragic and sad in further review.

jackpot269

A nice future action mix. They call it madness for reason. GL my friend, a hobby with buyers remorse. My dream has a better chance of happening than yours. More tragic and sad in further review.
    You are wise my friend, I'm glad you are still hanging around the SBR.
    I guess I'll be here til they turn the lights out. First forum I ever joined and only one I ever actively participated in.

BOA12

You are wise my friend, I'm glad you are still hanging around the SBR.
    I guess I'll be here til they turn the lights out. First forum I ever joined and only one I ever actively participated in.
    Me as well. Never facebooked or any other social media. I only gamble online and look at related sights. Otherwise computer illiterate. I have so many magats on ignore here, keeps me sane and hanging around here. My tolerance for bull sh@t and aggravation is much lower these days then ever in my life. Anti-American cultist, give me a fukin break.