Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

Betislands not calling back

Has this happened to anyone else? If they cannot follow through with someone who is trying to deposit money i hate to see someone trying to withdraw money.

I had a customer service rep call me yesterday on my way home from work. We negotiated for a bit and then agreed on a deposit bonus. I told him since this was my first time here i would deposit 500 with them and 1k wiht heritage for the upcoming football season. I told him that it was raining and i was in the car, so he said he would call back in 20 min. i said perfect. However, he didn't call back. I wasn't about to call them as i've never deposited or played there and if this is how they run shit, i'll never deposit. Hell, any other book would've called probably 20 times before i even got home.

Betislands
    Betislands's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi Fire,

I hope all is well as I recall you called in for your deposit info , asked for a special bonus and you got both and then you did not call back.

If the client already has the deposit info I do not see why we should keep calling the client and we rather wait for them to give us a call back once they have completed the transfer.

Please free to contact us if you have any questions and I am eager to see you with us this upcoming season.

Cheers!

Jon

Fire in da hole

Quote Originally Posted by Betislands View Post
    Hi Fire,

I hope all is well as I recall you called in for your deposit info , asked for a special bonus and you got both and then you did not call back.

If the client already has the deposit info I do not see why we should keep calling the client and we rather wait for them to give us a call back once they have completed the transfer.

Please free to contact us if you have any questions and I am eager to see you with us this upcoming season.

Cheers!

Jon

Actually you are wrong and distorting the facts. The facts are that I called about a week ago and spoke with Nick who gave me the deposit options. He did not give me any special bonus. I received a better bonus with Heritage, so i deposited there. Jim (I believe) called ME yesterday and said he saw where i spoke with Nick and tried to get me to deposit. Jim was the one who offered me a better bonus than nick, so i said i would depsoit 500 to Become a Pro. He didn't give me any depsoit information. I was in the car and couldn't write it down at the time, so HE said he would call back.

So, I dont like how you cherry pick the fact to make is seem like I'm an idiot.

Betislands

Hi Fire,

I will for sure address the situation and I apologize for any hassle.

Thanks,

Jon

Betislands

Fire,

Indeed you are correct I just looked up the call records and took a look at the comments in your account , if you still wish to consider us as an out for this season please let me know.

Again my deepest apologies.

Jon

Raven66
    Raven66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 685

Good Job Islands.

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fire,

Indeed you are correct I just looked up the call records and took a look at the comments in your account , if you still wish to consider us as an out for this season please let me know.

Again my deepest apologies.

Jon

Hey John;

Any chance that minimum sports wager of $10 moves down a bit. It's nice for the player to have the option of risking less if he chooses. You may be catering to the big people, but us little people like to throw only a couple of bucks down sometimes just for action.

Betislands

Hi John,

The standard is $10 but if you wish to have them lowered just contact us and we will cater to your needs.

Cheers!

Jon

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi John,

The standard is $10 but if you wish to have them lowered just contact us and we will cater to your needs.

Cheers!

Jon
    Thanks for the response. I got some money in another book right now, but I would definitely consider Joining BetIslands before you go invite only after the Superbowl.

Raven66
    Raven66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 685

Invite after Superbowl?

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Quote Originally Posted by Fire in da hole View Post
    Actually you are wrong and distorting the facts. The facts are that I called about a week ago and spoke with Nick who gave me the deposit options. He did not give me any special bonus. I received a better bonus with Heritage, so i deposited there. Jim (I believe) called ME yesterday and said he saw where i spoke with Nick and tried to get me to deposit. Jim was the one who offered me a better bonus than nick, so i said i would depsoit 500 to Become a Pro. He didn't give me any depsoit information. I was in the car and couldn't write it down at the time, so HE said he would call back.

So, I dont like how you cherry pick the fact to make is seem like I'm an idiot.
    hey fire why dont u at least give Jon the courtesy and respect that he is giving to you. i understand your frustration but come'on man show a little class. Jon spends a lot of time on the phone/chat/email and here on sbr all to help us out, take our suggestions, and answer questions...who and from what other book does that?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Glitch

Fire in da hole

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    hey fire why dont u at least give Jon the courtesy and respect that he is giving to you. i understand your frustration but come'on man show a little class. Jon spends a lot of time on the phone/chat/email and here on sbr all to help us out, take our suggestions, and answer questions...who and from what other book does that?
    First off, my original post was to see if my situation has happened to anyone else and if it was the norm at betisland. Jon, who you have a love affair with, made is seem like i was a liar and distorting the facts. So, I corrected him.

Yeah, its nice to see him posting on SBR, but do you think he does it because you and him are best friends or to help you out? If so, i have some real estate i want to sell you. He's running a business and from the most part doing a great job from what i can tell. However, i dont believe he needs you to come on here and defend him.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

let me get this right- youre complaining about a book NOT calling you??? if you wanna speak with them, call them or go in live chat. i dont even give books my real phone number nowadays.

you were speaking with them and you were unable to write down the information they were prepared to disseminate- then you come on here to complain that they didnt call you back with it? c'mon guy, pull it together.

dont be a bradley snyder.

and he wasnt tryin to make you seem like a liar- he was attempting to recall facts pertinent to your issue- if he was inaccurate- all you had to do was inform him of this.

Fire in da hole

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    let me get this right- youre complaining about a book NOT calling you??? if you wanna speak with them, call them or go in live chat. i dont even give books my real phone number nowadays.

you were speaking with them and you were unable to write down the information they were prepared to disseminate- then you come on here to complain that they didnt call you back with it? c'mon guy, pull it together.

dont be a bradley snyder.

and he wasnt tryin to make you seem like a liar- he was attempting to recall facts pertinent to your issue- if he was inaccurate- all you had to do was inform him of this.
    Well, you cannot write properly, but at least you can read.

The way his reponse was written doesn't read as though he was trying to recall facts, but tell me my story was wrong.

"I recall you called in for your deposit info , asked for a special bonus and you got both and then you did not call back.

If the client already has the deposit info I do not see why we should keep calling the client and we rather wait for them to give us a call back once they have completed the transfer."

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Oh come on are u really gonna complain about something so small OP give them a break im sure they are busy and if they forget 1 small thing u can't give them the benefit of the doubt. They are a good outfit and u know it.

xstud
    xstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I understand the frustration. Someone said they would do something and did not do it. However, remember it is the busiest time of year for books and the volume of calls/emails/inquiries increases dramatically. I have played with betislands since March and have dealt with Ryan who has kept his word whenever he can and often times remembers my account number without me having to tell him. I think you experienced an isolated instance probably due to the fact that they are so busy right now, from my 5 months in dealing with betislands I do not think it was intentional and I know that betislands will likely do everything they can to rectify the situation in a very timely manner. Jon has been running a great business and I look forward to reloading soon... not sure if they can beat the heritage promo I was offered though :P

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

First off, my original post was to see if my situation has happened to anyone else and if it was the norm at betisland. Jon, who you have a love affair with, made is seem like i was a liar and distorting the facts. So, I corrected him.

Yeah, its nice to see him posting on SBR, but do you think he does it because you and him are best friends or to help you out? If so, i have some real estate i want to sell you. He's running a business and from the most part doing a great job from what i can tell. However, i dont believe he needs you to come on here and defend him.
    my whole point of my criticism was the words you chose and the way you said them. if you have an issue, be professional about it. most likely you will receive professionalism in return. lucky for you jon gave you the common courtesy anyways. and let me ask you a question. would you rather have Jon on here asking if we want more tracks in the racebook, lower/higher betting limits, more teaser/parlay options and payoffs, etc etc etc...or would you rather him just have his book like everyone elses? they are all in business for one purpose: to make money, you don't have to tell me that. the point is, he doesn't have to be doing what he's doing and the world would keep going around like normal. but he goes the extra mile. either way, if i am gambling with my money and engaging to give a book my "business", i'd rather do it at a place like BI.

Glitch

Well, you cannot write properly, but at least you can read.

The way his reponse was written doesn't read as though he was trying to recall facts, but tell me my story was wrong.

"I recall you called in for your deposit info , asked for a special bonus and you got both and then you did not call back.

If the client already has the deposit info I do not see why we should keep calling the client and we rather wait for them to give us a call back once they have completed the transfer."

spelling?: response is spelled incorrectly.

grammar?: "The way his reponse was written doesn't read" redundancy and improper grammar. (the way his response was written doesnt read any way- the response does.) like saying the "reason is because."

"Because of the way his response was written, it reads as though he was (not) trying to recall facts, but tell me my story was wrong" (correct)

overall punctuation and mechanics?: this is just a post on the internet, alerting someone that they're being a tool. my punctuation is executed in this manner for easier reading.

Well I'm done with this bradley snyder junior. You should be grateful for their quick responses and trying to work through the situation. What did you think was gonna happen? They were going to retract the bonus offers? Not let you deposit? Make you have to exercise your fingers and contact them??

idiot.
    Last edited by Glitch; 08-24-11 at 02:20 PM. Reason: it kept denying my requeset to add "<not>" correction

Fire in da hole

You're big and bad sitting behind your computer eating corn chips. I'd beat your punk ass if I had the opportunity Glitch.

Glitch

im sure buddy. go cry about some little sh*t bradley snyder junior.

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

comedy.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're big and bad sitting behind your computer eating corn chips. I'd beat your punk ass if I had the opportunity Glitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    im sure buddy. go cry about some little sh*t bradley snyder junior.