Login Search

Ten big time athletes who are horrible tippers

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
maybe its bc i am not an african black like lebron and jordan my ancestors are from Jamaica.
Lol, my ancestors are from Barbados...and my parents r terrible tippers (shit is embarrassing, i just always tip when i eat out with them now)...so, its not an Africa thing.

Tipping is a non-sense...
You go a restaurant in Europe ask for a steak and a bier and you pay what it says on the Menu: 20 euros stake + 4 for the bier, u end up rounding to 25, so u tip 1 euro

You go to the US, the menu says Stake 20$ and Bier 4$, then comes the check and instead of 24$, u see tax of 3$ + 5$ of service/tip..its just retarded...

I valeted in college in Dallas and I can say without a doubt that Emmitt Smith is a crap tipper. Michael Crabtree stiffed us twice, and the third time he came back we parked his car in the garage like any regular Joe customer because he doesn't tip, and he threw a tantrum at the entrance because we didn't leave his car out front. Felix Jones stiffed us when he came in.

I worked as a bellman at Townsend Hotel which all the teams that played the pistons stayed at. Met all these Athletes and the 2 best tippers in my time was Karl Malone which gave me $100 tip just to move his 1 duffel bag, and some cowboy boots to another room and the other was Anthony Mason who tipped me $100 just for a jug of coffee at 5 am. Rest were cheap and arrogant

Quote Originally Posted by Burkina2008 View Post
Tipping is a non-sense...
You go a restaurant in Europe ask for a steak and a bier and you pay what it says on the Menu: 20 euros stake + 4 for the bier, u end up rounding to 25, so u tip 1 euro

You go to the US, the menu says Stake 20$ and Bier 4$, then comes the check and instead of 24$, u see tax of 3$ + 5$ of service/tip..its just retarded...
I tried tipping at a club in Europe and the guy was almost insulted.

Tipping is so much an American customary thing than so in other countries. why tip someone for DOING theyre job. We seem to think that these direct-service jobs require a tip. Go to Europe where tipping is quite foreign. I cant believe that if I go to Ponderosa that I not only have to pay for my meal but the employee's salary as well cuz if I dont tip them they make $2.38/hr and they will give you horrible service the next time around.

Quote Originally Posted by artofaggression View Post
Tipping is so much an American customary thing than so in other countries. why tip someone for DOING theyre job. We seem to think that these direct-service jobs require a tip. Go to Europe where tipping is quite foreign. I cant believe that if I go to Ponderosa that I not only have to pay for my meal but the employee's salary as well cuz if I dont tip them they make $2.38/hr and they will give you horrible service the next time around.
Either tip or don't go out to eat.....blame the system but don't take it out on the workers.....people that work for tips make 20 bucks a shift literally without tips

Thats not my fault. This is same country that doesnt see my health care and education as universal rights as the other 314 countries in world; I have to pay to be healthy and pay to be educated....and now I have to pay for a person that took employment-at-will to work for pennies an hour? Restaurants are at fault -- they let fat assholes eat all they wanna and offset that by lowballing employees. Raise prices of meals then. Look what just happened at IHOP - that grimey waitress stole $200 tip. If it aint enough money, quit. i tip bcI want to, not because I need to.