Login Search

What Are Your Thoughts On Food Stamps?

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post
Well KM, now that your complaint has been shown to be frivolous and without merit, now you claim you don't care. Here's the problem, quit complaining about what you don't have in life, about what others have that you don't, and enjoy life.

It's funny how the poor and minorities usually always vote for the Democrat in the belief that they actually care about them. Look at the ten poorest cities in the U.S. and tell me what they have in common.

It's sad that people have become accustomed to living off of the gov't. It's just handed down generation after generation to be lazy.

Whites are lazy? Who owns most all the businesses in this country? Why does an Asian person come over here with nothing to his or her name, not knowing the language, and proceed to work 7 days a week, every week for years? That person learns the language and becomes a success because of hard work.

This whoa is me attitude that people display, feeling sorry for themselves, well, **** them.
I'm the last person that has whoa is me attitude...

My problem is the repub kooks, blaming the problems on immigrants, poor, etc...

It's not them who are destroying America, it's those UN-American scumbugs that send jobs to another country, just for a little more pocket change...

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
You get free shlt off my tax money? Fine. But you should feel shame for it. Fukk em
Crappy statement

I worked 25 years paid taxes lost everything last year business home cars ...due to business partners fuckup spent 6 years us navy 6 years electrical 13 years in satellites ..last three opened a business...lost everything job market sucks have three kids wife...stamps and cash aide is what is keeping me afloat right now untill one of three job oppertunitys open up....I havent evened gambled with any of my own cash since the shit went downhill.I bust my ass sometimes for 10.00 hr temp work just to keep lights on.i try every day to find work ..socal sucks...future is bright but right now I need the support I fought for my country I paid taxes for 25 years..I feel no shame...
Last edited by SEAHAWKHARRY; 06-08-11 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
Crappy statement

I worked 25 years paid taxes lost everything last year business home cars ...due to business partners fuckup spent 6 years us navy 6 years electrical 13 years in satellites ..last three opened a business...lost everything job market sucks have three kids wife...stamps and cash aide is what is keeping me afloat right now untill one of three job oppertunitys open up....I havent evened gambled with any of my own cash since the shit went downhill.I bust my ass sometimes for 10.00 hr temp work just to keep lights on.i try every day to find work ..socal sucks...future is bright but right now I need the support I fought for my country I paid taxes for 25 years..I feel no shame...
Good for you harry. This was the reason for my thread. Everybody that needs help is not a crackhead or a lazy lowlife.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
Crappy statement

Reason why California will be completely broke in 10 years, absolutely none of their citizens are able to support themselves yet none of them are willing to move to a state where you dont need 100k a year job to support yourself

good post fishmonger. I was in line at the grocery with my two kids, buying a box of cereal and some bread. The black woman in front of me had two buggies full of stuff like premade sandwiches, frozen in a box. deli cut meats, steak and such. her kid had on brand new clothes, and she got him an impulse isle bag of m and ms. paid for it all with the government card. she was still putting her loot into the back of an escalade when I left.
makes me sick!

Quote Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
I don't have a problem with food stamps if it were for people that can not work like the elderly, physically or mentally handicapped. But I own a store and most of the people that come into my store and pay with food stamps are of working age and are not handicapped in any way. I have customers that drive up in escalades and buy crab legs which are around $10 a pound say that they will get hot dogs for the kids to eat. No matter what government assistance is out there, it will be abused. There needs to be a limit on how many times you can apply for food stamps, in North Carolina there is an unlimited amount of times you can apply and foods stamps are issued for 6 months. So after 6 months of food stamps you just reapply for another 6 months.
I feel like if you can not find a job to support your family after a year of losing a job, the problem is not the economy, it's you. Just like unemployment. If you can't find a job in 2 years something is wrong with you and not the economy. I feel like our society has become lazy. Not worrying about anything because if you can't provide something for your family it's not a problem because Uncle Sam will give it to you. What happened to the work hard for living attitude that this country was all about? That's why my parents moved to this country. You worked hard and it paid off. Now if you work hard you are a sucker because some one is getting the same things as you for doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by tad0matic View Post
good post fishmonger. I was in line at the grocery with my two kids, buying a box of cereal and some bread. The black woman in front of me had two buggies full of stuff like premade sandwiches, frozen in a box. deli cut meats, steak and such. her kid had on brand new clothes, and she got him an impulse isle bag of m and ms. paid for it all with the government card. she was still putting her loot into the back of an escalade when I left.
makes me sick!
Food stamps are NEED based, not based on assets, and my Escalades need yo money to fill they tank bitch, shit they only get 10 mpg and I only get 50 cents on the dollar for my food stamps anyway. Now git cho lazy ass back to work Oprah's comin on and I aint got time for this shit, damn racist white devils is why I got it so rough in the first place, if my ancestors 200 years ago hadnt picked cotton for free I'd be living large in some castle in Zimbabwe by now. Besides you need to put in some overtime cuz your taxes was a little light last week and got my food stamps delayed where I had to eat a leftover steak from Ruth's Chris for lunch and that shit was cold, lazy muthafuckas oughta be ashamed you dont pay enough taxes to where I can trade in this 2009 Escalade for a 2011, but I cant cuz they wont raise taxes to 99% like they should.

Quote Originally Posted by tad0matic View Post
makes me sick!
Make you sick why? You know nothing about the lady. A lot of people had nice things before this recession hit. I lot of people owned successful businesses before this recession. Now they can't get a job.