1. #36
    BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-23-10
    Posts: 4,250
    Betpoints: 1975

    good points LB

  2. #37
    ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-07-08
    Posts: 18,815
    Betpoints: 1694

    lol... according to most of you guys on here, i don't know why pittsburgh is even showing up tomorrow there gonna lose by 40,
    u guys might as well call them and just tell to go play golf cause they don't have a chance there d sucks o sucks, special sucks, coach stinks,

  3. #38
    ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-01-09
    Posts: 13,845

    Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    lol... according to most of you guys on here, i don't know why pittsburgh is even showing up tomorrow there gonna lose by 40, u guys might as well call them and just tell to go play golf cause they don't have a chance there d sucks o sucks, special sucks, coach stinks,

    I wonder if after the Steelers beat the Jets ass, if James Harrison will do an after game speech like Bart Scott " Fuckk all of SBR for giving us no chance to win against these jets"

  4. #39
    ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-07-08
    Posts: 18,815
    Betpoints: 1694

    hahahaha no worries

    i called ben, troy, james and the rest of the boys, told them not to show up to the stadium tomorrow, no need to waste a nice sunday playing football when all of sbr thinks/Knows your gonna lose, they agreed there meeting me at the course at 3:00 tomorrow

  5. #40
    Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-09-10
    Posts: 1,218
    Betpoints: 4435

    Like the Jets. Tease them +10.5 to the over 31

  6. #41
    alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-29-09
    Posts: 1,544
    Betpoints: 8012

    The jets faced that NewEngland defense last week which is not near to the steelers, what worked for the jets was to run the ball thing they wont get done against the Steelers, thats why they could make some big passing plays, imo the pats made some mistakes in the offense that really were reflected on the game final result. I have no doubt that the steelers will be able to run down the ball and they wont make mistakes as they did against balty, they will also burn cromartie really bad imo. Mistakes and unnesesary flags will be made by the j-e-t-s.

  7. #42
    alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-29-09
    Posts: 1,544
    Betpoints: 8012

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Don't bet the steelers on there name. The jets are the better team and have too many weapons for the steelers. Ben will find outt how it feels to get raped.
    What you mean when you say the jets have to many weapons for the steelers? Which are those weapons?

  8. #43
    t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-18-09
    Posts: 38,099
    Betpoints: 2197

    Glad to see you came to the Jets side on this one.

  9. #44
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 94,077
    Betpoints: 7738

    Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    I know lakerboy is the greatest at this handicapping business....


    Of course he makes some valid points about Steelers not playing that tough of schedule.

    But...When the Jets and Steelers faced off, The only reason the Jets won is because the opening kickoff for a TD. Ohh, and Troy P wasn't playing, and some like to think he may be this thing called a game changer.


    So what are we playing a 60-100X play on the Jets ML?
    U play whatever you like. You think your funny with your wise ass remarks. Sometimes I take shots but this isn't one of those games. Jets are at most a $500 play for me. I find ways to win when it counts. Just keep tailing. You did say once upon a time you had wished you tailed me last year.
    Points Awarded:

    phillydon215 gave lakerboy 80 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  10. #45
    rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-09
    Posts: 10,229
    Betpoints: 604

    Even though troy is playing is he even 100%

  11. #46
    Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-04-10
    Posts: 1,209
    Betpoints: 3010

    Should be a fun game to watch, going to take the +4 -105 line in the SBR Sportsbook for starters....

  12. #47
    thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-01-09
    Posts: 11,459
    Betpoints: 8056

    i actually spoke to woody johnson himself, yes that isn't bullshit. he said rex ryan told him give me two years and we will be in the superbowl. you take that for what it's worth, but that si from mr.johnson's mouth to me and the people i was with when he said it. we will see if rex is full of shit or not...his owner and players believe in him. good luck!

  13. #48
    juuso
    juuso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-04-05
    Posts: 2,896
    Betpoints: 48

    Jets will have a decent shot here. Hoping they can pull it off.

  14. #49
    JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-10
    Posts: 5,279



    hard to go against you LB ..thanks to you my property tax is half paid for the month

  15. #50
    ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-30-08
    Posts: 7,697
    Betpoints: 11754

    Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    Even though troy is playing is he even 100%
    After resting for a month, he stunk last week in a huge game. He is clearly hurt, along with a bunch of Steelers. He also didn't practice much this week. And yet he's the key to a Steelers win according to the guy who created a thread on why to take the Steelers.

    Taking Jets ML to the bank, might be easier than last week. They should be giving a point or two.

    (lol at the lingering consensus: The 14-2 Pats weren't as good as people thought, after being "exposed" last week...no reason to fear the Jets ... my god!)

  16. #51
    sharper2
    sharper2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-30-10
    Posts: 2,724
    Betpoints: 6817

    im gonna have to tail one of your threads, i keep chickening out GL on this play.

  17. #52
    ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-07-08
    Posts: 18,815
    Betpoints: 1694

    i dont think troy has practiced a full week all year

  18. #53
    alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-29-09
    Posts: 1,544
    Betpoints: 8012

    Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    The 14-2 Pats weren't as good as people thought, after being "exposed" last week...no reason to fear the Jets ... my god!)
    Its not about who had the best record,not because the pats were 14-2 and steelers 11-5 (therefore is an easy cake for the jets), its about matchups.

  19. #54
    docvinny
    docvinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-21-09
    Posts: 386
    Betpoints: 1895

    leaning jets but worried about some lingering injuries to sanchez and revis

  20. #55
    ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-30-08
    Posts: 7,697
    Betpoints: 11754

    Quote Originally Posted by alukk View Post
    Its not about who had the best record,not because the pats were 14-2 and steelers 11-5 (therefore is an easy cake for the jets), its about matchups.
    The Jets are peaking as a team. Peaking hard like the final night of Bonnaroo.

    The only matchup where one team has an overwhelming edge over the other is the Jets O vs. the Steelers defensive backfield. Everyone but Clark is physically suspect back there. A CB with a tricky hip trying to cover Braylon Edwards or Santonio Holmes is just ... not good.

    That alone should be the difference. Sanchez's job is to deliver the mail, and he does so at varying degrees of success, but he's a proven downfield playmaker - and 60 minutes is long time for his guys vs. Pitt's dbacks. His assignment will probably be a conservative one.

    The Jets achilles heel all season long has been the coaching staff getting too macho and/or smart for their own good. Pittsburgh is not a team to make mistakes against.

  21. #56
    Beatles
    Beatles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-30-10
    Posts: 69

    Quote Originally Posted by Beatles View Post
    no matter the opinions anyone gives you, you are still going to go with the jets in the end most likely because its apparant from your style that you seem convinced already and your mind won't be changed. so what is the purpose of this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

    U play whatever you like. You think your funny with your wise ass remarks. Sometimes I take shots but this isn't one of those games. Jets are at most a $500 play for me. I find ways to win when it counts. Just keep tailing. You did say once upon a time you had wished you tailed me last year.
    You essentially proved my point with this post. Please stop making these threads where you ask for our opinions when we all can obviously see you are not interested and your mind is already made up. If you want to start a thread name it "I'm taking the Jets" or whatever and stop pretending you care what other people think

  22. #57
    Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-01-10
    Posts: 1,178
    Betpoints: 818

    Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    You're dreaming. Sanchez was 29th in QB rating this year (there are only 32 teams); that is light years away from being one of the league's best.
    And the jets ask mutch less of him than most starting QBs Its going to come down to the O and D line if they play inspierd as they did agenst NE they will take it but if o line falters and pitt gets to sanchez he'll crumble and throw 3 picks.

  23. #58
    ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-01-09
    Posts: 13,845

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    U play whatever you like. You think your funny with your wise ass remarks. Sometimes I take shots but this isn't one of those games. Jets are at most a $500 play for me. I find ways to win when it counts. Just keep tailing. You did say once upon a time you had wished you tailed me last year.

    Hahahaha....

    I don't recall ever saying "I wished I followed lakerboy" I think I went in your NBA thread once last year when I first joined, and was navigating around the forum. There is a possibility that I could of said it on the superbowl, because that game was a toss up to me, and I just threw 500 on the colts, because I wanted them to win.

    But it seems as if you give the Steelers no chance to win the game, just because they haven't played anyone worthwhile, which is a joke.

    If Jets win, I'll tell you nice call, but I can guarantee that it won't be because the lack of Steelers schedule.

  24. #59
    raggman
    raggman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-15-10
    Posts: 239

    should be a great game--i can't wait

  25. #60
    Beatles
    Beatles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-30-10
    Posts: 69

    Green Bay on the money line is the surest thing on Sunday. Anyone that thinks Bears are going to the superbowl should find a different hobbie/side job than gambling

  26. #61
    815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-13-10
    Posts: 1,078
    Betpoints: 90

    Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Peaking hard like the final night of Bonnaroo.
    Early B-Roo or later ones? The first two were something special... lately not so much.

  27. #62
    ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-30-08
    Posts: 7,697
    Betpoints: 11754

    Quote Originally Posted by 815Sox View Post
    Early B-Roo or later ones? The first two were something special... lately not so much.
    All I know about Bonnaroo is that people trip there.

    Also that if you need to find Umphrey's McGee, it's probably a good place to look.

  28. #63
    statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-23-09
    Posts: 4,047
    Betpoints: 103

    You guys realize the Steelers D held Baltimore to 126 yards last week, while the Jets held the Pats to 372, right? Just saying.

    And here is another freebie...

    Sanchez played 7 games against top 10 defenses this season and the Jets went 3-4.

    Dirty Sanchez in those games was 122 for 241 (fukkin 50.6% cmp), 1,432 yards, 4 TDs (4 TDs in 7 games, and he had 3 vs Miami!!!!) and 4 INTs for a QB rating of 67.6...

    I'm just sayin.

    Steelers not only had the bye week, but also had the extra day rest this week.

    And again I say, Indy D 20th in the NFL, NE D 25th in the NFL...Steelers 2nd and the best Rush D since 1955 (slight hyperbole)

    This will not be like the last 2 weeks. There is no Ryan antics for Sanchez to hide behind. Tell me how the Jets are going to move the ball.

    If the Jets somehow win, it will have zero to do with Sanchez.

    And you could even say, but he was 19 for 29 vs Pit the first time they played, but that translated into 170 yards.

    And there is not a team in the league that can cover Mike Wallace one on one.

    Steelers have the better defense, the better offense, the better QB.

    But if you seriously like the Jets in this game, you should take them to win the SB at +400 or so.

    And it is cold as fukk here. Was 4 degrees last night.

    Snow showers again Sunday, 15 for a high, and some wind...

    So you might to check Sanchez's numbers in shit conditions.

    Which is more likely: a performance like last week against the 25th ranked D, or the multiple times he has absolutely sukked in bad weather?

  29. #64
    ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-30-08
    Posts: 7,697
    Betpoints: 11754

    Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    You guys realize the Steelers D held Baltimore to 126 yards last week, while the Jets held the Pats to 372, right? Just saying.
    And a month ago when the Jets beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh they got 276 yards.

    In your gay, non-football related statworld, this would mean you have twice the club coming into visit.

    But playing games with numbers mean nothing in football. Nothing.

  30. #65
    gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-19-10
    Posts: 1,903
    Betpoints: 204

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Ben will find outt how it feels to get raped.
    I loled... good 1
    in fact he deserves to get raped after what he's done...

  31. #66
    linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-04-10
    Posts: 2,223
    Betpoints: 432

    Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    You guys realize the Steelers D held Baltimore to 126 yards last week, while the Jets held the Pats to 372, right? Just saying.

    And here is another freebie...

    Sanchez played 7 games against top 10 defenses this season and the Jets went 3-4.

    Dirty Sanchez in those games was 122 for 241 (fukkin 50.6% cmp), 1,432 yards, 4 TDs (4 TDs in 7 games, and he had 3 vs Miami!!!!) and 4 INTs for a QB rating of 67.6...

    I'm just sayin.

    Steelers not only had the bye week, but also had the extra day rest this week.

    And again I say, Indy D 20th in the NFL, NE D 25th in the NFL...Steelers 2nd and the best Rush D since 1955 (slight hyperbole)

    This will not be like the last 2 weeks. There is no Ryan antics for Sanchez to hide behind. Tell me how the Jets are going to move the ball.

    If the Jets somehow win, it will have zero to do with Sanchez.

    And you could even say, but he was 19 for 29 vs Pit the first time they played, but that translated into 170 yards.

    And there is not a team in the league that can cover Mike Wallace one on one.

    Steelers have the better defense, the better offense, the better QB.

    But if you seriously like the Jets in this game, you should take them to win the SB at +400 or so.

    And it is cold as fukk here. Was 4 degrees last night.

    Snow showers again Sunday, 15 for a high, and some wind...

    So you might to check Sanchez's numbers in shit conditions.

    Which is more likely: a performance like last week against the 25th ranked D, or the multiple times he has absolutely sukked in bad weather?
    all good points pal. Should be a fun game to watch.

    My deciding factor is Big Ben has been there, done that in AFC championship games with 2 skins on the wall and 2 rings to show for it in the last 6 years. Sanchez is still reading the map trying to find his way there. I believe the QB play will be the difference in this game and I'm siding with the Steelers to get the job done tomorrow.

    I'm on Pitt and my bro is a huge Jets fan. After the Maker's Mark and Knob Creek gets to flowing, it will get loud and abnoxious in my household tomorrow. Looking forward to it win or lose.

    BOL to everyone. Enjoy the game whichever side you jump on.

  32. #67
    SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-12-05
    Posts: 16,471
    Betpoints: 42225

    Jets road trips catch up to them against a sharp Steeler team and Sanchez can not get it done if they get behind. The Jets best hope is to run the ball and have a shot to win in the 4th. May happen but I doubt it. Ben & company at home will play well.

  33. #68
    EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-24-10
    Posts: 6,298
    Betpoints: 3311

    Jets will not lose

  34. #69
    iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-25-10
    Posts: 11,111
    Betpoints: 1774

    Quote Originally Posted by gohabsgo View Post
    I loled... good 1
    in fact he deserves to get raped after what he's done...
    What exactly has he done?

    Treated Bar Whores the way they belong to be treated...

    Every person that hates on Ben must have at least one whore for a sister...
    Points Awarded:

    Nittany Lion gave iifold 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  35. #70
    PorkyPig
    PorkyPig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-05-09
    Posts: 257
    Betpoints: 36

    steelers 2 super bowl rings in last 5 years + troy polamalu & heath miller back + home field + revenge game
    just sayin

First 12345 ... Last
Top