1. #1
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 93,846
    Betpoints: 7005

    Mia +255

    The Heat close this out. All the talk of Boston coming back ends in a whimper.

  2. #2
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 11,564
    Betpoints: 2252

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    The Heat close this out. All the talk of Boston coming back ends in a whimper.
    I think it ends Saturday. That being said your bet for tonight is the only bet worth anything so itís still the right play

  3. #3
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,765
    Betpoints: 21149

    Ballsy
    I think I'd prefer 8.5. This series is due for a close game.

  4. #4
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 93,846
    Betpoints: 7005

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Ballsy
    I think I'd prefer 8.5. This series is due for a close game.
    I think books are looking at this as Boston wins big or just loses outright. I don't think that mia would cover and lose. The ml is obviously low.

  5. #5
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,765
    Betpoints: 21149

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I think books are looking at this as Boston wins big or just loses outright. I don't think that mia would cover and lose. The ml is obviously low.
    I disagree. I'm calling a close game. Could go either way, but margin 5 or less. Maybe an OT.

  6. #6
    scorpion896
    scorpion896's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-05-20
    Posts: 2,749
    Betpoints: 2352

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I think books are looking at this as Boston wins big or just loses outright. I don't think that mia would cover and lose. The ml is obviously low.
    Strongly disagree with this. Miami is 3-1 ATS in this series, and are 12-5 ATS in the playoffs, books had to adjust. If anything, +255 looks high to me given that.
    Last edited by scorpion896; 05-25-23 at 11:08 AM.

  7. #7
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 93,846
    Betpoints: 7005

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion896 View Post
    Strongly disagree with this. Miami is 3-1 ATS in this series, and are 12-5 ATS in the playoffs, books had to adjust. If anything, +255 looks high to me given that.
    No the ml is low. It was+310 in game 1 with a 8.5 spread.

  8. #8
    scorpion896
    scorpion896's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-05-20
    Posts: 2,749
    Betpoints: 2352

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    No the ml is low. It was+310 in game 1 with a 8.5 spread.
    Yeah but isn't perception of Miami and Boston different now than what it was in Game 1? Miami was a huge underdog in the series back then. They are favored to win the series now, shouldn't it be adjusted?

  9. #9
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 93,846
    Betpoints: 7005

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion896 View Post
    Yeah but isn't perception of Miami and Boston different now than what it was in Game 1? Miami was a huge underdog in the series back then. They are favored to win the series now, shouldn't it be adjusted?
    It did get adjusted . It was+310 now it's +255. Books aren't going to give+310 today. You get it now or not?

  10. #10
    actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-16-10
    Posts: 3,000
    Betpoints: 19555

    is jimmy butler mj's illegitimate son?

  11. #11
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 30,553
    Betpoints: 27727

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    The Heat close this out. All the talk of Boston coming back ends in a whimper.
    Good Luck, Laker. I don't doubt your play.

    I do feel like Boston has the horses and the momentum here. For Miami to win, I think they need some Spoelstra brilliance and a big effort from one of the bench players.

  12. #12
    BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-19-07
    Posts: 31,798
    Betpoints: 84

    Gabe Vincent out for tonight games could be a big enough factor why they lose tonight in a close one.

  13. #13
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 93,846
    Betpoints: 7005

    Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    Gabe Vincent out for tonight games could be a big enough factor why they lose tonight in a close one.
    WHO?

    Never heard of him.

  14. #14
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,137
    Betpoints: 33517

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I disagree. I'm calling a close game. Could go either way, but margin 5 or less. Maybe an OT.
    Boston wins, Miami covers.
    That's the way I see it.

  15. #15
    BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-19-07
    Posts: 31,798
    Betpoints: 84

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    WHO?

    Never heard of him.
    17.5 points a game this series that guy, their starting point guard.

  16. #16
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 82,106
    Betpoints: 1146

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    WHO?

    Never heard of him.



  17. #17
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,137
    Betpoints: 33517

    ^
    I'm pretty sure LB was being sarcastic.
    I'd bet cash money on that.

  18. #18
    asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-23-17
    Posts: 6,298
    Betpoints: 32430

    Miami blowout

  19. #19
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 93,846
    Betpoints: 7005

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    I'm pretty sure LB was being sarcastic.
    I'd bet cash money on that.
    Yes but he is just one of a team full of bums that are stepping up. Some other bum will today

  20. #20
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,137
    Betpoints: 33517

    ^
    I think it's Tatum's show tonight.
    Too bad one of us is going to be wrong.

  21. #21
    Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-15-09
    Posts: 30,018
    Betpoints: 5208

    I'm not surprised at the decision to sit Vincent, who could play, but is being saved for Game 6.
    The question is how to win despite this? Of course, the answer is Kyle Lowry, but it's more complicated than that.
    Lowry needs to take more shots. He's overpassing, despite his 2022/23 FG% being 40.4% compared to career 42.4%,
    not a significant drop-off.

    So, Lowry is going to have to take his shots when he has them, and I think that could help the Heat not tire, so
    they can quickly get back on defense. Miami will win if they shoot well enough and don't try to spend too much energy
    fighting in the paint for second chances and fouls that won't be easy to get when Boston is at home and desperate.

    So, I think the key to tonight's game is for Miami to save its energy for defense, and don't go in there trying to outplay Boston. Just concentrate on shooting the ball, which is why they are even in this position.

  22. #22
    johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-21-15
    Posts: 25,699
    Betpoints: 1096

    Stupid

  23. #23
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 62,137
    Betpoints: 33517

    ^
    Elaborate Johnny?

  24. #24
    Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-15-09
    Posts: 30,018
    Betpoints: 5208

    If the Heat are going to make a game of this or even win
    that Lowry point prop has to hit.

    Over 11.5 -120

  25. #25
    gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-10
    Posts: 33,639
    Betpoints: 13792

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Stupid
    You calling a bet stupid is pretty rich

  26. #26
    ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-30-10
    Posts: 26,491
    Betpoints: 6746

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    The Heat close this out. All the talk of Boston coming back ends in a whimper.
    Boston isn't losing a 3rd in a row at home... a full week in between games

    books already slapped the public around enough Den not covering 2x at home... beating LA in LA 2x for a sweep and and what the heat did with 2 wins @ bos in which both were dd comebacks then blew boston out the water at home

    Bos wins tonight and probably cover the first half and cover the full game spread.... maybe a chance on a play on Heat spread at half if down double digits

  27. #27
    ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-30-10
    Posts: 26,491
    Betpoints: 6746

    Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    17.5 points a game this series that guy, their starting point guard.
    LB doesn't watch the games...

  28. #28
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 93,846
    Betpoints: 7005

    Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Boston isn't losing a 3rd in a row at home... a full week in between games

    books already slapped the public around enough Den not covering 2x at home... beating LA in LA 2x for a sweep and and what the heat did with 2 wins @ bos in which both were dd comebacks then blew boston out the water at home

    Bos wins tonight and probably cover the first half and cover the full game spread.... maybe a chance on a play on Heat spread at half if down double digits
    You talking about the Boston that is 4-5 at home in the playoffs?
    The Boston that could not win gm 5 at home vs the lowly Hawks?

    The Boston that got blown out at home in game 5 vs the sixers?

    You think you know which Boston is going to show up today?

    I KNOW mia will show up.

  29. #29
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 14,809
    Betpoints: 10739

    celtics -8 or no play at all

    the twitterverse calling them quitters especially Tragic Magic Johnson and his loudmouth,
    awakened the sleeping giants.

    celtics roll, but may miss the cover by 1 or 2 points.

    Heat ML is dead money

    you are betting because you hate Boston.

    not wise

  30. #30
    TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 28,681
    Betpoints: 23701

    I don't like any dude missing a game who gives you +17.5 points a game. Miami already down 2 big bench players... now a 3rd?? Terrible news. And will he even be available for Game 6? Crazy news. Not good.

  31. #31
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 93,846
    Betpoints: 7005

    Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    celtics -8 or no play at all

    the twitterverse calling them quitters especially Tragic Magic Johnson and his loudmouth,
    awakened the sleeping giants.

    celtics roll, but may miss the cover by 1 or 2 points.

    Heat ML is dead money

    you are betting because you hate Boston.

    not wise
    I don't need your advice.

    Your post is funny though. You covered it all just in case.

  32. #32
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 14,809
    Betpoints: 10739

    the play is Boston -8.5 (now) or no play at all.

    i am staying off but if forced i would give the points.

    no play for me.

    Heat ML is dead on arrival.

    Losing wager.

  33. #33
    Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-28-10
    Posts: 12,586
    Betpoints: 1252

    Ran Monte Carlo Simulation 10 million times....... Boston -5
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

  34. #34
    ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-30-10
    Posts: 26,491
    Betpoints: 6746

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    You talking about the Boston that is 4-5 at home in the playoffs?
    The Boston that could not win gm 5 at home vs the lowly Hawks?

    The Boston that got blown out at home in game 5 vs the sixers?

    You think you know which Boston is going to show up today?

    I KNOW mia will show up.
    Mia now +500... unload LB

    if Mia has another superhuman underdog road comeback i will be BLEEDING TONIGHT.... but I had no sweat making the Boston -300 bet because FUK spreads over -7 ... too hard to predict blowouts

  35. #35
    TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 28,681
    Betpoints: 23701

    Miami will conserve their energy.... and save it for Game 6. Boston -10 cover for sure.

123 Last
Top